We have started a new big game project: LifeLeech

Love the effort you and your team are always putting into the projects.  Wishing you success with the newest endeavor, as I'm always interested and have affinity of all things Sacred Community, even if so many years later.

Thanks for the great post with the informative links and information on where the team is heading, good luck Thorium et al!

:gogo:

gogo

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

Love the effort you and your team are always putting into the projects.  Wishing you success with the newest endeavor, as I'm always interested and have affinity of all things Sacred Community, even if so many years later.

Thanks for the great post with the informative links and information on where the team is heading, good luck Thorium et al!

Thank you. I hope I can show you more in the coming months. This will be a long term project and since there are quite some people that visit darkmatters every few month, I figured it's a good thing to post about it, in the very early stage it's in currently.

Edited by Thorium

Motif 1 : LifeLeech, similar to the concept of spells in  Diablo-esque video-games. 
Motif 2 : "People on Darkmatters might like it"

So it is an action-based point&click RPG in the vein of Diablo or, rather, Path of Exile. The latter seems more probable game-wise, but the first more probable concept-wise. 

Am I wrong :P ? :)

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, Serboi said:

Motif 1 : LifeLeech, similar to the concept of spells in  Diablo-esque video-games. 
Motif 2 : "People on Darkmatters might like it"

So it is an action-based point&click RPG in the vein of Diablo or, rather, Path of Exile. The latter seems more probable game-wise, but the first more probable concept-wise. 

Am I wrong :P ? :)

You are free to speculate. ;)

The genre will be revealed once we have a prototype, we are happy enough with to show. At that point the project will become much more community driven and open. We just don't want to promise to much right now. But there is indeed a reason I posted this in only 2 communities on the internet, so far. :)

Just getting some people interested in speculating about it and maybe finding more people to join our team and the project, without making a huge buzz about it.

Edited by Thorium
  • Like! 1
23 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Sorry the first go at Kickstarter didn't work out well....though the game wasn't one I was interested in (sorry :( ), we all hoped you were successful in your endeavor.

No problem, we don't give up that easily, we have learned a lot and the Kickstarter was a very interesting experience.

Our new project is completely different from what the Kickstarter was about. It's right on the edge of what we are capable of.

Thank you for all your positive feedback. It provides a lot of motivation to the whole team. For the little texts we gave to you, the positive feedback means a lot for me and the team, thank you! :)

• Like! 1

Build our first internal multiplayer demo. Working nicely. Multiplayer is an important part of the game and we want to have it working right from the start, so we can ensure that everything is working fine in multiplayer. Game will also be a strong singleplayer game, don't worry. ;)

Pathfinding is done on client to have low latency movements but server checks if you can actually move where you are going and will reset position if not valid. So, no cheating. ;)

Edited by Thorium
  • Like! 1
On 5/3/2018 at 9:57 PM, Thorium said:

Build our first internal multiplayer demo. Working nicely. Multiplayer is an important part of the game and we want to have it working right from the start, so we can ensure that everything is working fine in multiplayer. Game will also be a strong singleplayer game, don't worry. ;)

Pathfinding is done on client to have low latency movements but server checks if you can actually move where you are going and will reset position if not valid. So, no cheating. ;)

Good to hear that your first demo is working smoothly.

And I'm sure everyone will appreciate your attempts to minimise latency!!

• Like! 1
On 5/3/2018 at 7:57 AM, Thorium said:

Your post got me to reminisce about that magical demo that started everything here! :bouce:  I remember NEVER stopping playing the Sacred demo over and over again...just couldnt get enough
of all the games mechanics!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Your post got me to reminisce about that magical demo that started everything here! :bouce:  I remember NEVER stopping playing the Sacred demo over and over again...just couldnt get enough
of all the games mechanics!

Same here :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 11:20 AM, Thorium said:

Flyer_online_3d_character_artist.thumb.jpg.393a22be98c8d59ebeba30f3d2a6b3a9.jpg

Great seeing your team busy, and looking for a new artist...exciting seeing this being built from ground up Thorium et al

gogo

• 1 month later...

We got the first public video about the project out.

It shows and explains how item generation works in LifeLeech. It's pretty technical and kind of dry, but if you are interested how things like that work in our project, take a look.

• Like! 1
15 hours ago, Thorium said:

We got the first public video about the project out.

It shows and explains how item generation works in LifeLeech. It's pretty technical and kind of dry, but if you are interested how things like that work in our project, take a look.

It's a detailed, meticulous video

Love seeing that the team is still up on this!

:0

gogo

9 hours ago, gogoblender said:

It's a detailed, meticulous video

Love seeing that the team is still up on this!

Thx. It's probably to technical and dry for many people but I just wanted to show that we are actually working on this and we do make progress. We also have a basic model of our first character with some basic animations and texturing, but it hasn't reached high enough quality to show it to the public.

Also we are still missing graphics artists and next month we will buy a lot of assets from the Unreal marketplace, so we can get the level design going. There is no way we can make the prototype with custom assets. We are just missing the man/woman power. Hopefully we get enough funding to pay artists to make all the assets we need. There are quite some artists interested in the project, but they don't do it for free. ^^

If there are no news for some time, that does not mean we are not working on it. I just don't want to show things that don't have a certain quality standard. This video is also not meant as advertising but more showing progress and maybe getting a few more people interested to join the team.

We also got another game designer to join the team. He is a professional from Russia and does game design for a pretty big company and game. After we will work together for a few month we will tell who he is. ^^