We have started a new big game project: LifeLeech

On 7/3/2018 at 4:49 PM, Thorium said:

There are some questions and discussions about our project LifeLeech and our relation to Sacred and Unbended.

I compiled a little FAQ about our project, which will answer these questions and some more: https://www.catbit.biz/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=494

The Faq is great! Questions like this make a project thats in the future so relatable and "friendly"

good job on this constant progress

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2018 at 4:40 AM, Thorium said:

To keep you guys updated some news about the project:

First of all, we are making progress, but much slower than we have hoped. So we decided the prototype will not be Kickstarter ready this year and will be pushed to early next year.

Nevertheless, we do make progress. It's now in a state I would call "roughly playable". Players can run around the map, fight and kill AI enemies and collect items they drop. Best part is: This all is fully working in multiplayer. Yesterday we had our first real play session on a dedicated server and the multiplayer worked flawlessly. Was fun killing some enemies and collecting loot to get stronger and then kill each other. ^^

Also a musician joined the team, who is currently working on the theme music. Check out his work to get a idea what we are aiming for on the music side:

Truly spirited... a great new addition to the team!

... thanks for keeping us up to date the new work

:gogo:

gogo

hmmm...just saw the new trailer of the new Anno 1800, which will be published in Feb 2019...this could collide!

Solution:disable family, enable playing time! :D

Edited by Dorimil
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 2:41 PM, Dorimil said:

hmmm...just saw the new trailer of the new Anno 1800, which will be published in Feb 2019...this could collide!

Nice to see one more familiar face on this thread. :)

Don't worry about time to play. The release of the prototype will only mark the beginning of a more open and community driven development of the project. It will take years to complete it.

• Thanks! 1
On 8/24/2018 at 8:41 AM, Dorimil said:

Our poor family's, its just that...gaming is so good!

:4rofl:

And for me, downloadable demo's are always awesome... that's how this all started with Sacred, and I love that gaming model

gogo

• 2 months later...

Just a reminder that this project is still worked on.

We did a soft-restart of the project with a new team, some fresh ideas and a new concept. Still most of the work done carries over to the "new" project. But the team needed a big change, things didn't go as we wanted.

As a little proof we are working on it, here a small video with me testing a dynamic attack cone. Everything inside the cone is hit. when attacking. The cone does not go though walls, that's the dynamic part. ^^

All graphics and animations are just placeholders. So excuse the poor animation and model quality.

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, Thorium said:

Just a reminder that this project is still worked on.

We did a soft-restart of the project with a new team, some fresh ideas and a new concept. Still most of the work done carries over to the "new" project. But the team needed a big change, things didn't go as we wanted.

As a little proof we are working on it, here a small video with me testing a dynamic attack cone. Everything inside the cone is hit. when attacking. The cone does not go though walls, that's the dynamic part. ^^

All graphics and animations are just placeholders. So excuse the poor animation and model quality.

Thorium, im happy to see that your project is still happening... Bravo! It's hard keeping the course some times, but it looks you were resourceful and have gotten back on track!

gogo

• 3 months later...

It's time for another update. This project is still very much alive and actively worked on.

But as always in life things rarely go by plan. Unexpected things are happening, private life getting in the way of a project. And I think it's time to better explain to you the current status of the project, what wend wrong so far and how we will proceed:

In my last post I already said that the old team is no more. Thats very much true. It didnt worked out. I don't want to point to someone specific. I also made my fair share of mistakes. The matter of fact is, it didnt worked out that way and we needed drastic change, if we wanted to make this project a reality. So I cut every payment. I did pay some people working on the project. Now the whole team works on voluntary basis and contribute time end effort by their own terms.

The only two people from the original team, still remaining on the project are me and Johnny, our game designer who joined only a few month before break down of the team. However since then the team grew bigger and it's now bigger and more diverse than ever before. Still some key positions are missing but we can now progress into areas we couldn't before because we missed the talent. One of that areas is level design and custom 3D assets.

We started to finally implement the actual playable area of the world for the prototyp and start to create custom 3D assets for it. A 3D designer, who is also an architect joined the team and does some amazing work on the buildings and village/city design and works closely together with our level designer to build the terrain of the world and make it believable but also unique and special at the same time.

Thats also the reason I don't show videos, because we basically only use place holder assets for now and they are not up the look, feel and quality we want to have in the game and are comfortable with showing you. I actually have 13 private videos on youtube, just as internal demos for the team. Showcasing working game mechanics and multiplayer. The one video I shared in my last post, was also supposed to be private but I thought I have to give you some proof to show you, this project is not dead. We are actually not that bad from the code side of things.

And I also want to add some proof to my words and share some concept drawing made specifically for LifeLeech to find the look and feel, we want to have in the game.

Thank you for still believing in us after not meeting any deadline. We learned and are still learning and will not tell any dates until we are sure we can meet them.

If you are interested to contribute to the project. Please contact me, or just join our discord, all contact information is in the first post.

houseconsept.jpg

Watermill.jpg

Edited by Thorium
  • Like! 1
13 hours ago, Thorium said:

It's time for another update. This project is still very much alive and actively worked on.

But as always in life things rarely go by plan. Unexpected things are happening, private life getting in the way of a project. And I think it's time to better explain to you the current status of the project, what wend wrong so far and how we will proceed:

In my last post I already said that the old team is no more. Thats very much true. It didnt worked out. I don't want to point to someone specific. I also made my fair share of mistakes. The matter of fact is, it didnt worked out that way and we needed drastic change, if we wanted to make this project a reality. So I cut every payment. I did pay some people working on the project. Now the whole team works on voluntary basis and contribute time end effort by their own terms.

The only two people from the original team, still remaining on the project are me and Johnny, our game designer who joined only a few month before break down of the team. However since then the team grew bigger and it's now bigger and more diverse than ever before. Still some key positions are missing but we can now progress into areas we couldn't before because we missed the talent. One of that areas is level design and custom 3D assets.

We started to finally implement the actual playable area of the world for the prototyp and start to create custom 3D assets for it. A 3D designer, who is also an architect joined the team and does some amazing work on the buildings and village/city design and works closely together with our level designer to build the terrain of the world and make it believable but also unique and special at the same time.

Thats also the reason I don't show videos, because we basically only use place holder assets for now and they are not up the look, feel and quality we want to have in the game and are comfortable with showing you. I actually have 13 private videos on youtube, just as internal demos for the team. Showcasing working game mechanics and multiplayer. The one video I shared in my last post, was also supposed to be private but I thought I have to give you some proof to show you, this project is not dead. We are actually not that bad from the code side of things.

And I also want to add some proof to my words and share some concept drawing made specifically for LifeLeech to find the look and feel, we want to have in the game.

Thank you for still believing in us after not meeting any deadline. We learned and are still learning and will not tell any dates until we are sure we can meet them.

If you are interested to contribute to the project. Please contact me, or just join our discord, all contact information is in the first post.

houseconsept.jpg

Watermill.jpg

Thanks for this post Thorium! Who cant relate to human things happening in the course of our days.  It's also wonderful to hear that you're happy with the progress now and have brought the work into video, architecture, and these drawings.  Noone will fault challenges, and hearing that you're acquiring and stocking up on talent is a huge boon!

gogo

• Like! 1
11 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Thanks for this post Thorium! Who cant relate to human things happening in the course of our days.  It's also wonderful to hear that you're happy with the progress now and have brought the work into video, architecture, and these drawings.  Noone will fault challenges, and hearing that you're acquiring and stocking up on talent is a huge boon!

Thank you so much for the kind words of support you persistently give us, since the start of this project. It's very much appreciated. :heart:

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, vagnerhammer said:

Thorium... What is the name of this tool you are using? I really want to meet her ...

What do you mean? To make the game? We are using Unreal Engine 4 with C++ and a number of tools to create the assets, but I am not very familiar with them. I am just a coder. ^^

Who do you want to meet?

We had our second play session with the team. Well this build has a lot of problems, for example no damage numbers showing, but we will have another play session soon with an updated build. Fixed most of the issues and added some stuff like blood effects.

Edited by Thorium
  • Like! 1