We have started a new big game project: LifeLeech

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

Any specific high lights that you've come to with current work?

I think the most important parts are that we got one guy making custom 3D models for us and he is very productive. He made all the house interior models in a pretty short time. He also reworked the day-night cycle and added moving cloud shadows.

Other than that, we mostly progressed our ability and item system. As showcased by the new abilities we can have protective covers in specific arc's and we can not only attack with the weapon but also with the shield. There was a lot of internal work required to make this work. But it turned out nicely and the functionalities will be needed for more abilities to come.

Also you see in the video an empty minimap, that's because it's currently reimplemented by another coder and will use prerendered texture tiles instead of taking a live render from above.

And btw. we could really need a 2D artist to redesign the UI. If anyone is interested, just join our discord and write to us.

Edited by Thorium
  • Respect! 1
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Thorium said:

And another progress update. Showcasing new gore system, rain weather and much more.

Love that you brought up Gore System!

lol I remember that Sacred's was the finest disembowling I'd ever seen and what got hooked me umpteen years ago! :lol:

Did it serve as inspiration?

:butcher:

gogo

2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Did it serve as inspiration?

Yes it did. We want the game to be gory and brutal but still have bright overworld environments. That's something Sacred inspired.

Edited by Thorium
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SupremeJoker said:

sys req? and is there guides on how to play ,builds and so on? or is to early? :D

Way to early. ^^

Performance isn't great, so having a good rig helps. We did improve performance with the contest build (which is not yet public) and made it prettier at the same time, but I still recommend not lower than a GTX960. Otherwise you have to drop down settings. CPU and RAM should not be that important.

• Like! 1
4 minutes ago, Thorium said:

Another development progress update:

Also you can now download the new public build on our Discord server.

Massive leap from early days... bravo for staying the course guys

:thumbsup:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Have have made it into the quarterfinals of WN Dev Contest and are now competing for a spot in the semifinals.

It would help us a lot if you would vote for us on the contest website: https://wndevcontest-games.wnhub.io/1313

Registration is not required. You can hit thumb up once per day.
A list of all games in the quarterfinals is here: https://wndevcontest-games.wnhub.io/?page=1

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

After some time, some updates about the project:

We have made it into the semifinals of the WN Dev Contest and are currently competing for the finals. We are very proud, we didn't expect to get that far and maybe we even get further.

The contest even lead to a publisher reaching out to us and is interested in a cooperation. We will send them the prototype, once we are happy with it, and they will evaluate it for a financing proposal.

But what makes us even more proud is that GameStar covered LifeLeech with a big article including a interview video with me. Unfortunately the complete article is reserved to their premium subscribers but it is a very positive article and since it has gone online, more and more people join us on Discord.

GameStar is the biggest german gaming magazine and has 1,3m subscribers on youtube! The whole thing came kind of unexpected, especially how big the article is and how positive it is. And we have to thank one member of our community who actually reached out to GameStar to tell them about LifeLeech.

This is the article, german only: https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/lifeleech-denkt-kaempfe-in-action-rollenspielen-voellig-neu,3368753.html

On 4/17/2021 at 6:27 PM, Thorium said:

After some time, some updates about the project:

We have made it into the semifinals of the WN Dev Contest and are currently competing for the finals. We are very proud, we didn't expect to get that far and maybe we even get further.

The contest even lead to a publisher reaching out to us and is interested in a cooperation. We will send them the prototype, once we are happy with it, and they will evaluate it for a financing proposal.

But what makes us even more proud is that GameStar covered LifeLeech with a big article including a interview video with me. Unfortunately the complete article is reserved to their premium subscribers but it is a very positive article and since it has gone online, more and more people join us on Discord.

GameStar is the biggest german gaming magazine and has 1,3m subscribers on youtube! The whole thing came kind of unexpected, especially how big the article is and how positive it is. And we have to thank one member of our community who actually reached out to GameStar to tell them about LifeLeech.

This is the article, german only: https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/lifeleech-denkt-kaempfe-in-action-rollenspielen-voellig-neu,3368753.html

Thorium bravo!! cant believe how well you've done... years now and you guys kept doing the work..   Last night I actually read through a number of your posts here just to "feel" your road... it's so satisfying that you a publisher has reached out... and GameStar... zomgod, I remember when I used to follow them non stop for any inkling of Sacred news back waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay when...

Bravo and congratulations friend ... you and your team!

:dance2:

gogo

We actually made it into the finals of the WN Dev Contest.

Now we really need your help. If you want to support our project, please vote for us on the contest once per day. No registration required. Just click the link and give us a thumbs up. You can vote once every 24h.

This is the last round and we have the chance to win a lot of stuff which can help the project a lot. From actual money, to investment proposals from publishers to custom software licenses to services from many companies like marketing.

So please, help us out, vote and also share it with everyone you know.

https://wndevcontest-games.wnhub.io/1313

Edited by Thorium
  • Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...