Countdown To Christmas!

From the Sacred 2 Christmas Island Soundtrack
Click to Open Player!

Thorium

We have started a new big game project: LifeLeech

On 7/3/2018 at 4:49 PM, Thorium said:

There are some questions and discussions about our project LifeLeech and our relation to Sacred and Unbended.

I compiled a little FAQ about our project, which will answer these questions and some more: https://www.catbit.biz/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=494

The Faq is great! Questions like this make a project thats in the future so relatable and "friendly"

good job on this constant progress

:)

gogo

Posted (edited)

To keep you guys updated some news about the project:

First of all, we are making progress, but much slower than we have hoped. So we decided the prototype will not be Kickstarter ready this year and will be pushed to early next year.

Nevertheless, we do make progress. It's now in a state I would call "roughly playable". Players can run around the map, fight and kill AI enemies and collect items they drop. Best part is: This all is fully working in multiplayer. Yesterday we had our first real play session on a dedicated server and the multiplayer worked flawlessly. Was fun killing some enemies and collecting loot to get stronger and then kill each other. ^^

Also a musician joined the team, who is currently working on the theme music. Check out his work to get a idea what we are aiming for on the music side:

Edited by Thorium
  • Like 2

On 8/14/2018 at 4:40 AM, Thorium said:

To keep you guys updated some news about the project:

First of all, we are making progress, but much slower than we have hoped. So we decided the prototype will not be Kickstarter ready this year and will be pushed to early next year.

Nevertheless, we do make progress. It's now in a state I would call "roughly playable". Players can run around the map, fight and kill AI enemies and collect items they drop. Best part is: This all is fully working in multiplayer. Yesterday we had our first real play session on a dedicated server and the multiplayer worked flawlessly. Was fun killing some enemies and collecting loot to get stronger and then kill each other. ^^

Also a musician joined the team, who is currently working on the theme music. Check out his work to get a idea what we are aiming for on the music side:

Truly spirited... a great new addition to the team!

... thanks for keeping us up to date the new work

:gogo:

gogo

Posted (edited)

Someone came to our discord server with a question and left the server before I saw the question.

Since this person came from Darkmatters, I want to answer the question here. The question was: "I have a quick question. I saw on Dark Matters that your prototype won't be Kickstarter ready til next year. Do you guys know whether or not you're going to releasea downloadable demo?"

We will release a downloadable demo with the launch of the Kickstarter campaign, currently planned for early next year. We may give access to the demo to people who express interest beforehand. Since the demo should be finished one month prior to the Kickstarter launch. In other words, we plan one month preparation for the Kickstarter after the Prototype is finished. The prototype itself will be the playable and downloadable demo. It will only have a very small part of the map but will feature full multiplayer and even comes with a dedicated server to host your own servers.

Edited by Thorium
  • Like 2

That would be the post of a certain Gilberticus

• Like 2

self-notice: Q1 2019 testing demo life leech ;)

• Like 2

Definitely interested. Community based games have disappointingly been lacking and this sounds awesome

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

hmmm...just saw the new trailer of the new Anno 1800, which will be published in Feb 2019...this could collide!

Solution:disable family, enable playing time! :D

Edited by Dorimil
  • Haha 1

On 8/24/2018 at 2:41 PM, Dorimil said:

hmmm...just saw the new trailer of the new Anno 1800, which will be published in Feb 2019...this could collide!

Nice to see one more familiar face on this thread. :)

Don't worry about time to play. The release of the prototype will only mark the beginning of a more open and community driven development of the project. It will take years to complete it.

• Thanks 1

this sounds interesting ! I look forward to trying it out !

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2018 at 8:41 AM, Dorimil said:

Our poor family's, its just that...gaming is so good!

:4rofl:

And for me, downloadable demo's are always awesome... that's how this all started with Sacred, and I love that gaming model

gogo

Just a reminder that this project is still worked on.

We did a soft-restart of the project with a new team, some fresh ideas and a new concept. Still most of the work done carries over to the "new" project. But the team needed a big change, things didn't go as we wanted.

As a little proof we are working on it, here a small video with me testing a dynamic attack cone. Everything inside the cone is hit. when attacking. The cone does not go though walls, that's the dynamic part. ^^

All graphics and animations are just placeholders. So excuse the poor animation and model quality.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thorium said:

Just a reminder that this project is still worked on.

We did a soft-restart of the project with a new team, some fresh ideas and a new concept. Still most of the work done carries over to the "new" project. But the team needed a big change, things didn't go as we wanted.

As a little proof we are working on it, here a small video with me testing a dynamic attack cone. Everything inside the cone is hit. when attacking. The cone does not go though walls, that's the dynamic part. ^^

All graphics and animations are just placeholders. So excuse the poor animation and model quality.

Thorium, im happy to see that your project is still happening... Bravo! It's hard keeping the course some times, but it looks you were resourceful and have gotten back on track!

:)

gogo

Have registered here to support Janos in his brave journey :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyWild said:

Have registered here to support Janos in his brave journey :)

And welcome to DarkMatters, JohnnyWild!

:superman:

gogo

• Haha 1