Jump to content

We have started a new big game project: LifeLeech


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys, after our last Kickstarter failed, we accepted that small games like that are not interesting enough for you. So now we put everything in that we have and have started a new big project

Some more progress has been made:  

Posted Images

I took a look at the videos and the FAQ and I hope the project is complete as soon as possible! Sorry if I never looked at this topic, but now you have all my support! I also used Unreal Engine 4, and it's definitely the best 3d game engine. (Not like unity, that's a lot worse).

 

:resp:

Edited by Mare
added the "e" of enginE ...
  • Appreciation 1
Link to post
14 hours ago, Thorium said:

Thank you. :)
Yes it's quite the journey for us as well. Most of us never did a game close to LifeLeech's scope. So it's even interesting to see how it progresses to our self. We had a lot of ups and downs and we are currently on a huge upswing, I think you can tell from the last video. It starts to feel like an actual game. Still a long road ahead of us before we are confident enough to look for further financing, like a Kickstarter. But it's now pretty clear to us, that the game is actually happening, one way or the other.

As you say there was a big difference between the last two videos and that seems like as good sign that things are flowing well for you and the rest of the team! Good luck going forwards!!

  • Like! 1
Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2019 at 3:36 AM, Thorium said:

Thank you. :)
Yes it's quite the journey for us as well. Most of us never did a game close to LifeLeech's scope. So it's even interesting to see how it progresses to our self. We had a lot of ups and downs and we are currently on a huge upswing, I think you can tell from the last video. It starts to feel like an actual game. Still a long road ahead of us before we are confident enough to look for further financing, like a Kickstarter. But it's now pretty clear to us, that the game is actually happening, one way or the other.

It's great having a purpose like this.  As long as you can see where you want to get to, the nowness of the swimming is transformed from dogpaddling in no place to a powered motive with a completed dream goal in mind.

This is how the best athletes get to gold

we are here to witness the finish line

:bounce:

gogo

  • Like! 1
Link to post
  • 4 months later...

I have a question: is Catbit also developing a game called Zeromancer? I joined your Discord, and every time I look at it, the developer is playing something called Zeromancer. Out of curiosity, I looked it up, and all I found was Youtube videos of some band. So, I thought that maybe the dev was playing a cd on his comp or watching videos (I'm not very versed in Discord), but it didn't show up when I played cds on my comp. So, I'm just curious if Zeromancer is a game you're developing.

  • Like! 1
Link to post
On 9/24/2019 at 5:47 PM, Gilberticus said:

I have a question: is Catbit also developing a game called Zeromancer? I joined your Discord, and every time I look at it, the developer is playing something called Zeromancer. Out of curiosity, I looked it up, and all I found was Youtube videos of some band. So, I thought that maybe the dev was playing a cd on his comp or watching videos (I'm not very versed in Discord), but it didn't show up when I played cds on my comp. So, I'm just curious if Zeromancer is a game you're developing.

No we are not. LifeLeech is our only game project. CatBit is my company and I am also the only employee. I had employees in the past, but it didn't worked out. CatBit's source of income is actually not in the gaming industry, I hope to get a source of income with LifeLeech. However as it stands now the source of income is custom development work, mainly for natural stone industry.

The CatBit team consists of the CatBit company (me) and voluntary contributors to project LifeLeech. All people marked developer on our discord are contributing to LifeLeech. The guy you see playing Zeromancer is Johnny, who is our game designer as well as art director and also does some level design lately. And yes, he plays a lot of games. ^^

As for what Zeromancer is, I personally don't know, but you are free to ask him yourself on our Discord.

Edited by Thorium
Link to post
On 9/28/2019 at 12:56 PM, JohnnyWild said:

Hi there, guys. Zeromancer is just process name of music player that almost always launched on my devices. If it plays something it shows the artist and track name instead of "Zeromancer". No mistery here )

 

Awesome meeting you JohnnyWild, bravo on the energy on the teams gaming design

... welcome to DarMatters!!

:dance:

 

gogo

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a tutorial video intended for internal team training.
But I thought it may be nice for some people to get some infos about the development of LifeLeech, especially for people who think about joining the team.

So here you go: Warning, very technical and dry. ^^

 

  • Like! 1
Link to post
14 hours ago, Thorium said:

This is a tutorial video intended for internal team training.
But I thought it may be nice for some people to get some infos about the development of LifeLeech, especially for people who think about joining the team.

So here you go: Warning, very technical and dry. ^^

 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Thorium!

:)

 

gogo

Link to post
  • 1 month later...

Looks good! I know you still got a long way to go, but if world building is on the list oneday, I suggest to watch some Dungeon Siege (1&2) videos on youtube. The builders did a very good job back then. Good selection of colors and ambient lights, great landscapes too.
Thumbs up, good luck and Merry Christmas!

Link to post
  • 3 months later...

Thorium, thanks again for the continued posting! Hoping you and your family are all safe as well during these times.  Took some time out this afternoon to hear about where your team has been.  I do like the music..its as you mention, "diabloesque" ... And the the world is looking more mature and interesting.

Can you tell me what games out there that this game is going to feel like... is it akin to an arpg...or rpg? If i can see where you're team is taking this i can get even better context 

:)

 

gogo

Link to post
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Can you tell me what games out there that this game is going to feel like... is it akin to an arpg...or rpg? If I can see where you're team is taking this I can get even better context

Our major inspirations are Diablo, Sacred, Path of Exile, Torchlight and a number of other ARPG's. I would say it will be a diablo-like but in it's own niche. Similar to Sacred, focusing on a open world to explore instead of linear dungeons. While we envision Fallout 2 like quests, which fits an open world very nicely. The main focus will be on action, loot and character progression.

Also it's a dark fantasy setting. So it will be brutal, but not always dark, as you are also playing outside in the sun. :D

Edited by Thorium
  • Like! 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...