Good morning!

I have read some topics in Steam where people who want the CM-Patch can't register or login here.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/225640/discussions/0/1696045708653358894/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/225640/discussions/0/1696045708647928873/

Is there any kind of problem with it right now? I redirected them to another side which hosts the patch because I do like to see some more players. I hope you don't mind that. :bye:

yours sincerely

Roderick

Hey Roderick, nice to see you post here. ;)

Yeah guys, there have been some reporting on this. Marius has been receiving some contacts about this as well, which he mentioned on Discord. Maybe something is a bit off with the registration? Gogo, Schoot?!

6 hours ago, Roderick said:

Good morning!

I have read some topics in Steam where people who want the CM-Patch can't register or login here.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/225640/discussions/0/1696045708653358894/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/225640/discussions/0/1696045708647928873/

Is there any kind of problem with it right now? I redirected them to another side which hosts the patch because I do like to see some more players. I hope you don't mind that. :bye:

yours sincerely

Roderick

2 hours ago, Androdion said:

Yeah guys, there have been some reporting on this. Marius has been receiving some contacts about this as well, which he mentioned on Discord. Maybe something is a bit off with the registration? Gogo, Schoot?!

Thanks guys for the heads up...

I'm on it!

:superman:

gogo

Fixed!

For many years we were using a question answer spam defense method, and we had a new poster who said it was too touch.  I tried the re captcha method, but it looks like Google doesn't support it anymore, and this is why the security was failing. It looks like if we're interested in using recaptcha again, we'll have to do a new registration process for their site and get our keys input.  For now as a quick solution, I've returned the security input method to test question for new registrants to get into our boards.

Thanks both of you for the posts and links!

:hugs:

gogo

5 hours ago, Androdion said:

Hi there!

yeah, I am mostly on another Sacred Fansite. ^^' But I do know DarkMatters is the first point when looking for Sacred 2 patches and mods, so I hope you guys do well and I will report here whenever I hear something which could be concerning you.

2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Fixed!

For many years we were using a question answer spam defense method, and we had a new poster who said it was too touch.  I tried the re captcha method, but it looks like Google doesn't support it anymore, and this is why the security was failing. It looks like if we're interested in using recaptcha again, we'll have to do a new registration process for their site and get our keys input.  For now as a quick solution, I've returned the security input method to test question for new registrants to get into our boards.

Thanks both of you for the posts and links!

:hugs:

gogo

Thanks for the swift work! I will relay it to Steam. (if not already done. ^^)

have a nice day

• Thanks! 1
31 minutes ago, Roderick said:

Hi there!

yeah, I am mostly on another Sacred Fansite. ^^' But I do know DarkMatters is the first point when looking for Sacred 2 patches and mods, so I hope you guys do well and I will report here whenever I hear something which could be concerning you.

Thanks for the swift work! I will relay it to Steam. (if not already done. ^^)

have a nice day

Aweseome!

Thanks Roderick

:)

gogo

• 5 months later...

And...  we've just bought another update to the IPB License we use for the forum software, and Schot's made a nice new change to registration with this.  :bounce: 

We're now allowed to access the use of the most advanced ReCaptcha... security question of evilness now gone...!

gogo

On 01/10/2018 at 6:16 AM, gogoblender said:

And...  we've just bought another update to the IPB License we use for the forum software, and Schot's made a nice new change to registration with this.  :bounce: 

We're now allowed to access the use of the most advanced ReCaptcha... security question of evilness now gone...!

gogo

Good to hear, this will perhaps resolve a few hassles we get with people signing up every now and again. And hopefully it's effective for blocking bots!

8 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

Good to hear, this will perhaps resolve a few hassles we get with people signing up every now and again. And hopefully it's effective for blocking bots!

heh... ayup... man, that balance is always trying :lol: ... we're very curious to see how this new system works... we've gone so many over the last decade... crossing fingers

gogo

• Like! 1