Some questions about the Community Patch.

Hi,

I am actively playing Sacred 1 to this day. And today I reinstalled Sacred 2 because never really played it and got told to install the community patch. So I have some questions about it.

1. How Good is the German translation?

2. Is there a proper complete changelog? I looked in the wiki and here, and all changelogs are only for what's added in new versions. I'm looking for a complete changelog of the current versions.

3. Is there a reason not to install the CM Patch? Like partial translation, severe gameplay changes that would affect the first playthrough? Heavily changed balance and game mechanics?

Edited by Jostabeere

Hello!

1. The original (and primary) CM Patch developers were German.  It probably has the best translation along with English.

2. http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Community_Patch_Changelog  It's all there, in reverse chronological order.

3. Most common complaint is the interface change - colors and style are different.  But the interface can easily be reverted back or changed to any other style with this mod

You'll probably have to review the change log and try to weigh the (numerous) fixes against those changes that may not suit a "purist" desire.

• Thanks! 1
1 minute ago, Flix said:

2. http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Community_Patch_Changelog  It's all there, in reverse chronological order.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

To "2." I've seen this site and that's what I was talking about in OP. This has all logs from all builds. Stuff like multiple "General" sections. I wanted a changelog of everything put together and not across "version release changelogs" to minimize confusion for things like: "This is general in build 2012, did they change it in later builds? Let me scroll up and search for it. Oh, can't see it, maybe they rephrased it and didn't say "Changed X from 2012 to Y from 2017"" You know?

3 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

To "2." I've seen this site and that's what I was talking about in OP. This has all logs from all builds. Stuff like multiple "General" sections. I wanted a changelog of everything put together and not across "version release changelogs" to minimize confusion for things like: "This is general in build 2012, did they change it in later builds? Let me scroll up and search for it. Oh, can't see it, maybe they rephrased it and didn't say "Changed X from 2012 to Y from 2017"" You know?

Very happy to see your interest in this game and the very unique CMPatch for Sacred 2

Welcome to Darkmatters, Jostabeere!

:)

gogo

7 hours ago, Flix said:

The original (and primary) CM Patch developers were German.  It probably has the best translation along with English.

And French!! :pirate:

edit: just joking of course but knowing how Marcus (the German CM patch developer and translator (I think) was passionated and serious, I don't doubt any second that the translation must be very good)

Plus, the CM patch is not a mod, it's (like it says) a patch that fixes many things and complete and "finish" the game. No reason at all not to instal it nowadays as it increases stability too (thanks to Dimitrius)

Edited by desm
  • Thanks! 1

Greetings ... again ... Earthlings.

I have finally finished most of a big project I was working on and decided to finally try out CM 1.60 since I've been hearing a lot about it. I have Sacred 2, v2.62.2 from GoG and the same from Amazon.

I ran both copies and they started fine without the patch, but after installing the patch, the game refused to start.

I obviously missed a step somewhere, would someone please step in and "give me a clue"?

[Added]

The version number for Sacred 2 Gold from Amazon is v2.62.1

Edited by Spock
Wrong version number for S2G from Amazon.

Yes that's it. It's the full version, you just have to execute cm-enable.exe after you have downloaded it for the cm patch to install. When starting the game you should see the new logo and it will show "cm patch 0160" on the title screen.

For you Mr Spock, I have no clue sorry, maybe someone else will help.

• Thanks! 1

I'm running it under Windows 10, 64-bit if that helps ...

[Added]

OK, it is working now. I noticed an icon on the bottom of my screen that showed "Overwolf" when I hovered over it. When I right-clicked on it, it came up with two games I had played and Sacred 2 Gold was one of them.

I ran S2G (unmodified) using Overwolf and it started fine, so I modified S2G and tried running it through Overwolf and it worked! In fact, after using Overwolf, I was also able to run the game using the icon. No idea why it happened that way, but I don't care, it's now working.

I started a new character just to make sure there were no problems. It's been so long since I've played, I now need to re-learn how to play all over again!

Anybody remember the keyboard command to pick up dropped loot?

Edited by Spock
  • Like! 1
7 hours ago, Spock said:

Anybody remember the keyboard command to pick up dropped loot?

lol... wish I did...but happy to see you got it going again... what like eight year later after release?

:4rofl:

gogo

P.s. Spock I just for the first time noticed yer state acronym... are you in Maryland?  lol thats' where my Mom lives too :D

2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

P.s. Spock I just for the first time noticed yer state acronym... are you in Maryland?  lol thats' where my Mom lives too :D

Actually, I'm in the state of perpetual confusion, but Maryland is close ...

20 minutes ago, Spock said:

Actually, I'm in the state of perpetual confusion, but Maryland is close ...

We're in Bethesday... was just down three weeks ago

:)

gogo

I'm not familiar with Bethesday, but I have been to Bethesda when I had to go in for surgery there at the Naval Hospital. It's not that far from where I live.

Found the Keyboard commands BTW. I just did an Internet search on "sacred 2 keyboard commands". Came up the first hit.

30 minutes ago, Spock said:

I'm not familiar with Bethesday, but I have been to Bethesda when I had to go in for surgery there at the Naval Hospital. It's not that far from where I live.

Found the Keyboard commands BTW. I just did an Internet search on "sacred 2 keyboard commands". Came up the first hit.

Bethesda! :P:whip: 

And...which website on the internet gave you those instructions?

:D

gogo

On 5/6/2018 at 3:00 PM, gogoblender said:

And...which website on the internet gave you those instructions?

:D

gogo

NightWolfe's Webpages ... on my website. I have since found out that a lot of the commands are incorrect, so it needs to be corrected. Perhaps they changed since published? I know that the "DEFAULT" commands are not even the ones that are set when CM 1.60 comes up.

19 hours ago, Spock said:

NightWolfe's Webpages ... on my website. I have since found out that a lot of the commands are incorrect, so it needs to be corrected. Perhaps they changed since published? I know that the "DEFAULT" commands are not even the ones that are set when CM 1.60 comes up.

Those are for Sacred 1 man.

Hmm, right you are, but => HERE <= are the keyboard shortcuts for Sacred 2 and they are just as incorrect.

It plainly states that "A" collects all drops, but the default for the CM patch is "Q". "A" turns to the left.

I tried selecting the Default option, but that totally messed things up!

Just checked out of curiosity, these keyboard shortcuts are the ones mentionned in the game manual from release version (french one at least).

Weird that it doesn't even show usual move keys as WASD (qwerty kb's) / ZQSD (azerty kb's), but instead the command arrows. One thing that never changed since however, is the loot pick-up key is Q for QWERTY keyboards and A for AZERTY/french keyboards.