A lot of (probably dumb) questions about a Temple Guardian build.

Only special mods on certain spell-based CAs can cause life leech, such as Life Leech bronze mod for Jolting Touch. All other sources of life leech are only applied to weapon-based CAs and basic weapon attacks.

Another difference between both games, I always wondered how %life leech on CAs would translate in Sacred 2. Though you can never really reach crazy amount of %LL in Sacred 2 until very late game, when your spells should also kill nearly every normal ennemy in 1-2 hit anyways.

Okay. Can anyone explain to me how to get more attribute points?

A lot of guides say: "Put 1x point every level into Stamina, Strength, etc., the rest elsewhere, like vitality". For example this one:

"This means 1 point in vitality per level, the other one goes in stamina or intelligence (alternating between the two)."

Without farming Airlines or the other quest, how do I get more than 1 point per level? I assumed you only get 1 per level forever.

Edited by Jostabeere
6 minutes ago, Woody said:

You get one attribute point per level until level 50. Then you get 2 per level until 150. Then 3/level for 150-200.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Attributes

Okay. Great, thank you.

I don't know why, but the wiki dislikes me.

I can literally type the name of an article, and it doesn't find it. But when I google it, it's there.

15 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Okay. Great, thank you.

I don't know why, but the wiki dislikes me.

I can literally type the name of an article, and it doesn't find it. But when I google it, it's there.

true this.  Google's search is so powerful, I was seeing that it pulls up info better than the Wiki's own search engine. Schot is hoping to update the Entire Wiki this summer, hopefully it's search improves s well.

:)

gogo

6 hours ago, gogoblender said:

true this.  Google's search is so powerful, I was seeing that it pulls up info better than the Wiki's own search engine. Schot is hoping to update the Entire Wiki this summer, hopefully it's search improves s well.

gogo

Yeah. I mean, I get it if you mistype stuff. But I type stuff like "Dragon Mage" into it, and it spews random weapon pages out which have dragon in their name.

I get your pain as the search function on the Wiki isn't awesome. But, and I know it's a but, the index page is quite intricate and leads you towards all the information you need about the game. It's all categorised and with proper shortcuts/links. It just takes a minute or two to get used to it. ;)

• Like! 1
5 hours ago, Androdion said:

I get your pain as the search function on the Wiki isn't awesome. But, and I know it's a but, the index page is quite intricate and leads you towards all the information you need about the game. It's all categorised and with proper shortcuts/links. It just takes a minute or two to get used to it. ;)

Yah I ilike what Androdion said... that the index is, in fact, almost overly detailed.  For players using SacredWiki a lot, I'd recommend index/google combo.. 

gogo-

So I looked at various soruces about it, and it's kinda semi-unrelated, but what is the best way to shop in Sacred 2? I know shops resupply if you have a loading time by travelling between game cells. But do they resupply if you visit another shop of same category, aka shop - shop, combo master - combo master or smoth - smith?

If yes, is there an area with 2 shops very close to each other, like Valors city in S1?

And if not, what is the best way to resupply shops? Just teleporting from city to city? And which are the best cities for that with shortest ways between portal and shopkeepers?

56 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Just teleport back and forth between Start Island and any other town. Every time you land there the merchants' inventories will be reset, merchant/smith/runemaster alike.

This. Even shorter is, once you're on start-island and desire refreshing merchants, just open your map, click on any portal (Sloeford for example), and as your map starts closing just press your travel back/soulstone key (should be F8, or one of those key, check in your game settings). This will make the game consider you're travelling away and generate a loadscreen, but will be faster for you as you'll stay on start-island at all times.

Alternatively, you can go Thylysium the area east of the Portal has 3 merchants (rune, merchant, smither) and a cave entrance which you can use to get in/out and refresh merchants. Also south Thylysium you can find 4 merchants (2 merchants, one smith+runemaster) and can use the boat nearby and come back. However unlike the trick mentionned above, you'll have 2 loadscreens each time.

Also if you reached these places yet, you can use the balloon-travelling system in cursed forest, when you can port endlessly between Village Ruins, Derelict Estate and Destroyed Village where you can find 2 merchant each time which will get refreshed as you travel between those places.

• Like! 1
10 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

So I looked at various soruces about it, and it's kinda semi-unrelated, but what is the best way to shop in Sacred 2? I know shops resupply if you have a loading time by travelling between game cells. But do they resupply if you visit another shop of same category, aka shop - shop, combo master - combo master or smoth - smith?

If yes, is there an area with 2 shops very close to each other, like Valors city in S1?

And if not, what is the best way to resupply shops? Just teleporting from city to city? And which are the best cities for that with shortest ways between portal and shopkeepers?

wow...I remember how cool that place was to meet other players at and wed just click and reclick to have them reset their wares.  Spent even a few beers chatting it up with other players in HC... all waitiing for a delicious find to appear for sale

And... there was always the "pushing" other players horses out of the way if was too crowded... Sacred's own littlle online social lounge ^^

:lol:

gogo

This kinda evolved into me just asking random Sacred 2 questions, but as long as people aren't annoyed by it, I think I'll continue.

So, is there a list of when items get certain modifiers?

Like, I know life leech starts at level 10. And +3 relics at level 28. But when are normal items getting +3 to a skill like bargaining or smithing or Lost Fusion aspect? Or when do +2 all attribute rings start to appear in shops?

I'm 27 now and I struggle to get bargaining over 2x my level, because all items I have with the skill are only +2 and occasional +1 to all skills with 2 sockets resulting in a +3.

Is there a list of such things somewhere online?

And is it possible to reset a playthrough? Sacred 1 just has the new game where you could play with imported characters and re-do quests over and over again. Can I do it in Sacred 2? Freeplay is possible, but it lacks one important quest I want to re-do for money making purposes. Or do I have to create new toons over and over again.

Also, there is this Office quest that give you 2 really good rings. Is it available in Freeplay? I know finding all of them is a pain in the ass, and my main idea was to farm the +all skills rings you get from one of the workers. is the ring any better than normal +all skills I could get at my level? Like... Does it give +2 instead of +1 like normal rings/amulets?

I don't think there's a full list of when specific modifiers increase in numbers. Also it depends of the current difficulty you're playing in.

Just as an example I can remember about difficulty level difference, a level 2 ring in silver can have a maximum of +4.5% experience per kill, whereas the same ring you'll find in niob with a maximum of +7.5% experience per kill

I don't have the exact numbers, but based on the actual characters I'm playing at the moment, at level 75 niob, you can get amulets with +5 Barganing/Blacksmith/etc, and jewelry with +4 All skills/Combat arts/X skill. Around levels 35+ you'll start finding +2 All skills/CAs jewelry. If lucky you can also find doubled single-stats jewelry (such as +4 all skills instead of +2, but have no other stats). The progression isn't really quick, I'd recommend you wait around level 45-50 to start shopping, you'll have more gold, also better if you can reach gold difficulty where you'll find slightly better items. Until then, blacksmith arts would be the best pick.

Bargaining tips page on the wiki, take a look at the Ice&Blood section, it's likely to be the only list you'll find.

And as far as I'm aware, you can't reset your campain/quests progression per difficulty level, it's another different mechanic between the two games, once you've done something in one difficulty campain mode, you can't do it again until next difficulty level.

As I can see on this wiki page, the ring you're looking for with that quest has halved +all skills stat, which doesn't make it worth farming. In my opinion it'd be better to just play the game and earn some gold before, then you'll get better items with bargaining later, it takes some time to get good results.

Edited by Woody
  • Thanks! 1
3 minutes ago, Woody said:

The progression isn't really quick, I'd recommend you wait around level 45-50 to start shopping, you'll have more gold, also better if you can reach gold difficulty where you'll find slightly better items. Until then, blacksmith arts would be the best pick.

Bargaining tips page on the wiki, take a look at the Ice&Blood section, it's likely to be the only list you'll find.

And as far as I'm aware, you can't reset your campain/quests progression per difficulty level, it's another different mechanic between the two games, once you've done something in one difficulty campain mode, you can't do it again until next difficulty level.

As I can see on this wiki page, the ring you're looking for with that quest has halved +all skills stat, which definately doesn't make it worth farming. In my opinion it'd be better to just play the game and earn some gold before, then you'll get better items with bargaining later, it takes some time to get good results.

My main issue with the first part is the lack of knowledge about how hard it would be to start shopping at level, let's say 50 with bad shopping gear compared to constantly upgrading it every few levels. If it's possible to get top-shopping gear starting at 50 without spending days on doing so, I might just do that.

It's unfortunate that I can't just reset playthroughs. I got used to that.

Also thanks for the info on the Ring. I see it's not worth wasting the time on getting it unless I want the full set.

As long as you keep bargaining at character level, you can always easily find or buy relics around your level with the maximum + Bargaining available, which is already a good base. Trying to keep your bargaining suit upgraded will cost you a lot for not that good of a difference. Your goal should be to do bargaining sessions every 15-20 levels (something like levels 2,12,35,50,65,75,90, and right when you get to the next difficulty), and updating your dedicated suit at these levels, when you can really make a difference.

If you also have blacksmith skil available, it'll make it easier for you as you can put +xx bargaining amulets in both silver and gold slots, and +xx all skills rings in bronze slots, which potentially increase your maximum skill level compared to NPC blacksmithing.

Also keep an eye on armors sold by merchants and blacksmiths, you'll sometimes find chest/greaves/sleeves/epaulets with +xx all skills and slots, and boots/helmets/belts with +xx bargaining/general skills and slots.

Last note about Kayser's Luck set, you'll get much better amulets with +xx All skills/CA - + xxx Max HP from bargaining sessions, than what this set will ever give you.

• Like! 1

Hello Jostabeere, I'm curious, how do you find the game for now? And maybe you have some screens to show to us of your character? Good evening.

• Like! 1
16 hours ago, desm said:

Hello Jostabeere, I'm curious, how do you find the game for now? And maybe you have some screens to show to us of your character? Good evening.

Well. I like Sacred 2. It is not like S1, which will stay my favourite game forever, but it's good. It has good and annoying sides.

I don't like the sluggish zoom in-, and out when you talk to anyone. You can't do anything menu-wise while the sluggish zoom is moving back to your position. I also don't understand a lot of the mechanics yet. But It's a standard ARPG. And they're always fun to play.

So I have some new things I'm curious about. Combos. I followed the "I have a dwarf in my left arm" guide and really like it. Did a few minimal changes here and there, but now I reached level 35 and choose Combat Discipline. I thought: Finally, spam skills in 3x combos, and was severely disappointed. Why can't I put the same skill twice in a combo? It seems insanely stupid to me. When I master it, what am I supposed to do? Put all 4 skills I have into it? I don't think this skill is worth so much just for the damage tbh...

I also followed the guide in a different way and chose Deathly Spikes a level ago instead of the Energy shield. I'm not a fan of them yet. I don't know why a lot of people praise the skill. I guess it's better later in the game when it hits 5 or so times. I have a backup of level 34 with free Devout Guardian points. Should I drop Combat Discipline and Deathly Spears and get Shield Warding lore and invest into the shield? Is it of any use if not pumped with points?

Deathly Spears is known to be an end-game killer CA, but at lower levels it ins't incredibly awesome no. Choosing between CD and WEL depends on your play style, it's basically an "offensive vs defensive" choice.

It's funny that you mention the triple/quadruple CA combos because in fact I pretty much only use combos for two CAs at a time. There are times where a triple CA combo would make sense but mainly because of casting animations I mostly don't use them. A recent example I've come across was with an Inquisitor, where it's more proficient to use a two CA combos in a row rather than using a triple CA combo repeatedly. In my case I was between using Clustering Maelstrom+Ruthless Mutilation+Callous Execution vs Clustering Maelstrom+Ruthless Mutilation followed by Ruthless Mutilation+Callous Execution. And what do you know, the second scenario actually works much better! On the other hand don't ignore the sheer damage bonus provided by CD, since it isn't a flat value but a percentual one. You can easily have a 30-40% damage increase with that skill alone, and killing stuff faster means you can focus less on defensive skills and modifiers.

So yeah, the game has at its core a basic mechanics of balance between offensive and defensive aspects. None is better than the other as long as you can survive. Case in point, the BFG Seraphim can kill mostly everything in one-two shots from afar, before enemies hit the toon. So there's room for a lesser focus on defensive aspects. In fact I'm playing one myself with only Armor Lore and Toughness, just for the challenge of it, and it still works! ;) I guess that's the most fun part about this game, the search for balance with each build you make.

• Like! 1

While combat discipline is really useful for it's game-wide damage increase and bonus regenration on combos, it's fairly safe to say it's rarely used for a combo with 4 CAs.

The T-energy shield is mostly like everything else in this game, only gets really good later, when you can use some +xx% maximum shield energy amulets* in platin/niob, it's much better. Keep in mind, your base energy shield only takes 60% of the incoming damage, 40% goes to your HP bar. Early it doesn't matter that much, but at later levels you may also want to find some amulets with +xx% absorbtion energy shield* and get around 40% value so your shield will absorb most of the incoming damage, as an energy shield can reach some 50-200k in niob.

*= +xx% max. shield energy (white modifier/warding energy lore) and +xx% Absorbtion warding energy (white modifier, warding energy lore, only on armors) bonus is calculated from your actual difficulty level and warding energy lore skill level, no matter what the level of the item it comes from is. / +xx% Absorbtion warding energy (blue modifier) depends of the item level and the difficulty it comes from.

One last friendly reminder, the build you follow was designed during the Fallen Angel era, don't forget that opponent's level for death blow and +xx% critical hits bonus from items don't work anymore on spell-based CAs.

I don't like the sluggish zoom in-, and out when you talk to anyone. You can't do anything menu-wise while the sluggish zoom is moving back to your position.

The only thing you can do to "fix" this is to manually zoom in yourself before speaking to an NPC. When you're done talking it should zoom back to the same level, which will make it faster.

Edited by Woody
2 hours ago, Androdion said:

Deathly Spears is known to be an end-game killer CA, but at lower levels it ins't incredibly awesome no. Choosing between CD and WEL depends on your play style, it's basically an "offensive vs defensive" choice.

It's funny that you mention the triple/quadruple CA combos because in fact I pretty much only use combos for two CAs at a time. There are times where a triple CA combo would make sense but mainly because of casting animations I mostly don't use them. A recent example I've come across was with an Inquisitor, where it's more proficient to use a two CA combos in a row rather than using a triple CA combo repeatedly. In my case I was between using Clustering Maelstrom+Ruthless Mutilation+Callous Execution vs Clustering Maelstrom+Ruthless Mutilation followed by Ruthless Mutilation+Callous Execution. And what do you know, the second scenario actually works much better! On the other hand don't ignore the sheer damage bonus provided by CD, since it isn't a flat value but a percentual one. You can easily have a 30-40% damage increase with that skill alone, and killing stuff faster means you can focus less on defensive skills and modifiers.

Okay. So I load my backup and rather spend my points on the energy shield.

I get your idea of using only 2 CAs in a combo. I was just hyped for using stuff like triple Projectile, murdering masses of enemies. Or triple T-Shock for instant cooldown and massive healsagainst bosses. I also see the damage bonus. But sadly it doesn't show how much damage CAs are doing in a combo compared to their damage alone. Is it a flat percentage on top of everything by any chance?

2 hours ago, Woody said:

One last friendly reminder, the build you follow was designed during the Fallen Angel era, don't forget that opponent's level for death blow and +xx% critical hits bonus from items don't work anymore on spell-based CAs.

Sadly. A lot of stuff doesn't work with CAs, and it annoys me. Mainly no LL as in the first game.

1 hour ago, Jostabeere said:

But sadly it doesn't show how much damage CAs are doing in a combo compared to their damage alone. Is it a flat percentage on top of everything by any chance?

The damage boost is applied on all Combat Arts as soon as you take Combat Discipline skill, tooltips are updated accordingly, you don't need to put your CAs in a combo to get the damage bonus, it's a passive. The only benefit you'll get from using CAs in combos is reduced regen time from Combat Discipline.

Edited by Woody
16 minutes ago, Woody said:

The damage boost is applied on all Combat Arts as soon as you take Combat Discipline skill, tooltips are updated accordingly, you don't need to put your CAs in a combo to get the damage bonus, it's a passive. The only benefit you'll get from using CAs in combos is reduced regen time from Combat Discipline.

Oh. So I completely misunderstood the skill. I thought it buffs damage and regen of combos only.

Nah, it's like Woody said, as soon as you take the skill the damage indicator on every CA is recalculated accordingly. Same thing with Ancient Magic for spell-based CAs. ;)

Regen per hit, LL and Deathblow don't work anymore with spell-based CAs, but they still do with weapon-based CAs so you can still take advantage of them in peculiar ways. Three other CAs which are considered hybrid are also affected by those modifiers, those being Archangel's Wrath (SE), Magic Coup (HE) and Spectral Hand (SW). But I'm glad that it was made this way, imagine playing with a Glacial Thorns Ice Elf and having those three modifiers proccing! It must've been totally insane, not to mention utterly overpowered!

So you see, it's good that some things were nerfed because they were really unbalanced. Right now with "only" +4/+5 All Skills jewellery you can already make a beast out of any build, imagine with +15 All Skills jewellery like there was before... :nono: