Salutations

5 hours ago, Steph said:

Since I posted for the first time on the forum today, I think I'm long time due for an introduction.

I joined the site in 2014 when I bought a copy of Sacred 2 gold on a Steam sales event. Before that I have played Sacred, Diablo 1&2, Darkstone...

I had bought an hard copy of Sacred 2 in 2012 but was unable to install it. I tried multiple time and the install program burned the 3 instances autorized by the protection software. And because of that feature, the shop refused to refund it. Meaning I was really happy when the Steam version worked. 

I joined the forum 'cause I was looking for a nice set for my Temple Guardian. I was redirected there from Sacredwiki. 

That said, I'm from France and 42 years old. If someone have a solution for my chocolate dependency... I have stopped smoking but I cannot stop dark chocolate. Talk about an hard drug :lol: 

I love reading of people's history with this game.  All the games that were released around this time are part of it's aura from when online forums and args were coming to their power.  And how happy I am that the breadcrumb trailer we had designed into the wiki many years ago has slowly led you right to our forum into the middle of a post with us.

Thank you for playing and also for following.

Alas... there is no cure for loe of chocolaterie my friend

Welcome to Darkmatters!!

:)

gogo

P.S. and while there is no cure for love of chocolate, come to Quebec and do indulge in its fiiercest competitior.. the lowly and mighty Poutine!

1383239551554.jpeg

:chef:

16 hours ago, Steph said:

If someone have a solution for my chocolate dependency... I have stopped smoking but I cannot stop dark chocolate. Talk about an hard drug :lol: 

please eat all the chocolate because if you won't, I will! :lol: 

Welcome to DarkMatters!

• Like! 1
On 5/16/2018 at 4:11 PM, Steph said:

Since I posted for the first time on the forum today, I think I'm long time due for an introduction.

I joined the site in 2014 when I bought a copy of Sacred 2 gold on a Steam sales event. Before that I have played Sacred, Diablo 1&2, Darkstone...

I had bought an hard copy of Sacred 2 in 2012 but was unable to install it. I tried multiple time and the install program burned the 3 instances autorized by the protection software. And because of that feature, the shop refused to refund it. Meaning I was really happy when the Steam version worked. 

I joined the forum 'cause I was looking for a nice set for my Temple Guardian. I was redirected there from Sacredwiki. 

That said, I'm from France and 42 years old. If someone have a solution for my chocolate dependency... I have stopped smoking but I cannot stop dark chocolate. Talk about an hard drug :lol: 

I was a devout smoker for 20 years.  Close to two packs a day in the hey dey of DarkMatters and SacredWiki... uncountable hours spent posting, playing and wikifying... was hard to quit, did it many time, but near the end, just the unending and worsening coughing made it a choice of need.

Mabye five or six years now since I've stopped? 

Breathing is joyous

:gogo:

gogo

That is most aggravating that you could never get the game to install. It's probably too late to try going to the developer now to get them to at least help you get it installed ...

Seems to me there was a standalone reset option available for when this happened, but I may be just thinking with low oxygen levels. I'm currently finding it hard to breath. Not due to smoking, but due to the cold I've been fighting since the 9th. :(

Edited by Spock
On 5/19/2018 at 9:40 PM, Spock said:

may be just thinking with low oxygen levels. I'm currently finding it hard to breath. Not due to smoking, but due to the cold I've been fighting since the 9th. :(

good luck with this Spock.  I just got off a week of really nasty Asthma, and it's reverberating around work.  May your puffer be ever handy

:hugs:

gogo

On 20/05/2018 at 3:40 AM, Spock said:

That is most aggravating that you could never get the game to install. It's probably too late to try going to the developer now to get them to at least help you get it installed ...

Seems to me there was a standalone reset option available for when this happened, but I may be just thinking with low oxygen levels. I'm currently finding it hard to breath. Not due to smoking, but due to the cold I've been fighting since the 9th. :(

Yes, that was really annoying. The problem didn't came from the game but from the anti-copy protection on the DVD-Rom. The retailler politics of no refund was a bad new and at the time, the local costumer support phone number was not active. As I bought it for 5€ instead of 40€ on sales, I binned it and forgot about it. It was a Steam offer that made me buy it again, knowing that if it didn't work, I could get a refund easilly from them. I did not regret my purchase.

Welcome to DarkMatters. hope you have plenty more good years here. 

Check out the Dark Kitchen if you like food, join us on the related word game if you like word games... we are a fun community!

• Like! 1
22 hours ago, Delta! said:

... we are a fun community!

I'm just a fungi (fun guy) which is probably why they keep me in the dark and feed me ...

Edited by Spock