The Black Death

This isn't a review, it's a request. I got so excited when I saw The Black Death that I purchased it without researching much. I saw "professions" and "surviving the Black Death", and that's all she wrote, I'm in. Plus, it was bundled with some Mech fighting game, I'm sold! What ole Gilberticus didn't see: "Large scale multiplayer, with up to 50 players per server". Dang it! I've never done an MMO, have always, always been a lone wolf. So, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and actually be like social. I'm a social bugger in the real world, but when it comes to gaming, I play solo. So, ........ crap. Anyway, I was wondering if any of y'all have the game, and what server you play on.

• Like! 1
21 hours ago, Gilberticus said:

This isn't a review, it's a request. I got so excited when I saw The Black Death that I purchased it without researching much. I saw "professions" and "surviving the Black Death", and that's all she wrote, I'm in. Plus, it was bundled with some Mech fighting game, I'm sold! What ole Gilberticus didn't see: "Large scale multiplayer, with up to 50 players per server". Dang it! I've never done an MMO, have always, always been a lone wolf. So, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and actually be like social. I'm a social bugger in the real world, but when it comes to gaming, I play solo. So, ........ crap. Anyway, I was wondering if any of y'all have the game, and what server you play on.

Isn't MP a thrill? :bounce: I'm happy you found your way to shared gaming, but I didnt get this game.  I have read some books about the plague actually, and seen some movies about how so much loss of life impacted the world for many years after.  

Did find the trailer for this game... you must have a really good video card?

:)

gogo

As far as graphics card, I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050. I don't know if that's good or not, I used something called GD Hardware scan, and it told me I could run the game. I got the game, believe it or not, because of a dream. I dreamed that a Dragonborn was using my computer, and said "this is such rubbish, how you people  romanticize the Middle Ages. Do you know what the bubonic plague actually looked like?" And that's why I love this game: you're not a super-human, who can bring down castles and even dragons with the sheer power of your voice, you're a plague physician, during a period where everyone is.... effed. People are puking and dying and scared sh*tless, and they're looking to you for answers.

I got a few customers lining up. So, real quick, I can totally respect you for not wanting to play a game like this. Me, personally, I like it because I find that period to be a credit to the human spirit: that people of that region weren't completely wiped out, that people didn't just throw in the towel, lay down, and check out, that we didn't go down without a fight.

• Like! 1

I like this, but I got myself all psyched up to play with others to find...... not really anyone playing. So, I've also bought the Warhammer 40k inquisitor Martyr, I'll give that bugger a whirl.

On 5/21/2018 at 6:34 PM, Gilberticus said:

I like this, but I got myself all psyched up to play with others to find...... not really anyone playing. So, I've also bought the Warhammer 40k inquisitor Martyr, I'll give that bugger a whirl.

oh nooooooo...that really sucks gilberticus... wanting to play MP, and then not getting it is a great let down.  I really hope that Warhammer gets you that great online feeling... it's pretty much what built this forum more than ten years ago!

:bounce:

gogo

I'm still really enjoying it, but I was watching the chatbox, and think I must be getting old or something. I saw a whole bunch of words; things like fap, waifu, manga, sugoii, kawaii, gungdam or something like that. So, I'm sitting there, thinking "alright, these weird words are surrounded by English, so the typer has to be English, but I don't recognize any of this stuff." Heaven help me, I've gotten old enough to no longer understand current slang, lol. :)

2 minutes ago, Gilberticus said:

I'm still really enjoying it, but I was watching the chatbox, and think I must be getting old or something. I saw a whole bunch of words; things like fap, waifu, manga, sugoii, kawaii, gungdam or something like that. So, I'm sitting there, thinking "alright, these weird words are surrounded by English, so the typer has to be English, but I don't recognize any of this stuff." Heaven help me, I've gotten old enough to no longer understand current slang, lol. :)

lol... acronyms.. sometimes its so hard to keep up with the new ones..I end up googling loads these days because language is changing so fast.  It's exciting to hear how this is your first online game session however..have you actually made a friendly "first contact" yet?

:lol:

gogo

Not really, tbh. What I see: "This game sucks because I've been dying for coop for a long time, and they lied to us! We can't coop the story, we can only coop random missions" or something like that. I don't know if Neocore lied to these people, promised them things then took them back, or if people are being too touchy, or didn't research enough. You know how people sometimes are; they kind of skim a game's description, and fill in blanks themselves. So, I don't know what their deal is; I discovered the game bc of an internet search; "diablo in space". I love top down isometric rpgs. But they all seem to be in the medieval time period, I was looking for something outside that. Plus, I did have one of the Warhammer Space Marine games. Chainsaw sword? Sign me up, man!

Anyway, what I mostly see is people venting, so I'm learning the lay of the land on my own.  Wait, are you asking about Warhammer, or The Black Death? Bc I've never encountered anyone else in Black Death yet, been focusing on Warhammer. After all, chainsaw sword!!!!!!!

Oh, and character wipes, people are upset that character wipes are happening in an EA game. I can't really say much about that, as I've only owned the game for a couple days. But I'm sitting here also googling some of these terms, like manga and whatnot. From my understanding, it involves anime or something like that, which is why I don't know any of them. But it's been educational, I've learned a lot about Mikasa Ackerman Body Pillows. I thought you used body pillows for leg tension stuff, but there's like a whole culture I'm ignorant on.

I'm also sitting, this isn't my first online game session, I forgot a small chapter where I was playing Wurm Online, which was kind of cool. Rising World has online servers like that, but I kind of like going solo on that one.