A few Sacred Gold mechanics questsions

First off, hello. New player, big fan of older games and ARPGs. Sacred seems to have flown under the radar somewhat in terms of guides and faqs, and there are a lot of undocumented mechanics. Fortunately, I have found this site with it's various guides. However, some of them are written by perhaps younger or non-native English speakers, so it will take me a while to suss them out. In the meantime, it would be very much appreciated if you would take a look at these questions and let me know what you think.

- Regarding combos: Are the regen times changed or removed between moves in the combos? If not, what point do you drink the potion that quarters them? Before, during or after activating it? 

- What exactly does CTRL+Right Click do? Description says it's either a special or an attack. 

- When do buyback items disappear from merchants? When you leave the interface? Time passing? Leave the game?

- What is the percentage gain on bonuses from slotted runes in silver/gold slots in sacred gold?

- The Hard Hit/Multi-hit/Attack thing is kind of confusing. I'm playing a Daemon. I think the Soaring form grants Hard Hit as my regular attack, is that correct?. I am using an xbow with +1 Hard Hit when I fly, so I'm not sure if Hard Hit is coming from the form, the weapon, or both. Are there other forms that grant Multi-Hit or Attack? The whole thing with these attacks is confusing to me, with some runes being named correctly, and others being named differently but granting the same skill bonus. Generally clarifying all this in simple language would be a huge help.

- Portals: I have found 5 or 6 portals so far, but only the Bellevue (think that's the name) portal gives me a location menu, and the only active destination is Bellevue itself. Are there only a scattered few portals with location menus, and most of them just teleport to another spot in the game world? I found small island with conveniently placed NPCs (smith, combo master, merchant) and a portal, but going through this portal just pops me to a spot in the map and I don't seem to be able to port back there from anything as seems to be intended.

No doubt I'll have many more questions in the future, but I now go to start poring through the metric ton of guides here! Thank you in advance for your help.

On 5/28/2018 at 3:22 AM, Hal900x said:

First off, hello. New player, big fan of older games and ARPGs. Sacred seems to have flown under the radar somewhat in terms of guides and faqs, and there are a lot of undocumented mechanics. Fortunately, I have found this site with it's various guides. However, some of them are written by perhaps younger or non-native English speakers, so it will take me a while to suss them out. In the meantime, it would be very much appreciated if you would take a look at these questions and let me know what you think.

- Regarding combos: Are the regen times changed or removed between moves in the combos? If not, what point do you drink the potion that quarters them? Before, during or after activating it? 

- What exactly does CTRL+Right Click do? Description says it's either a special or an attack. 

- When do buyback items disappear from merchants? When you leave the interface? Time passing? Leave the game?

- What is the percentage gain on bonuses from slotted runes in silver/gold slots in sacred gold?

- The Hard Hit/Multi-hit/Attack thing is kind of confusing. I'm playing a Daemon. I think the Soaring form grants Hard Hit as my regular attack, is that correct?. I am using an xbow with +1 Hard Hit when I fly, so I'm not sure if Hard Hit is coming from the form, the weapon, or both. Are there other forms that grant Multi-Hit or Attack? The whole thing with these attacks is confusing to me, with some runes being named correctly, and others being named differently but granting the same skill bonus. Generally clarifying all this in simple language would be a huge help.

- Portals: I have found 5 or 6 portals so far, but only the Bellevue (think that's the name) portal gives me a location menu, and the only active destination is Bellevue itself. Are there only a scattered few portals with location menus, and most of them just teleport to another spot in the game world? I found small island with conveniently placed NPCs (smith, combo master, merchant) and a portal, but going through this portal just pops me to a spot in the map and I don't seem to be able to port back there from anything as seems to be intended.

No doubt I'll have many more questions in the future, but I now go to start poring through the metric ton of guides here! Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Hal

did you check out Nightwofle's site? There's a lot of good game info that SacredWiki doesnt have as it wasn't built yet.  Maybe there's some stuff that could be helpful here:

http://pctalk.info/Games/Sacred2/Wolfes.Lair/index.html

Enjoy the game!

:)

gogo

Yes, I have perused it but not extensively. I really like the game but one of the most frustrating issues (for me) is that certain hotkeys just fail frequently, notably the gold pickup hotkey. That, and you must move before attacking when casting Soaring Demon. I am wondering if there is a fix for these. I will keep looking.

• Like! 1