Got back to Sacred 2 here is what I think

So I decided to play this game again after not playing since like 2012. Last time I did it was on the xbox.

I got the gold version on steam and played as an inquizitor till level 50 (and found a ridiculous build combining that reflective thing with the damage pulses, the lightning spell + physical damage). THE ONE problem I have with this game other than the freezes from time to time which for me personally are tolerable as I tend to save a lot, is how bargaining has been nerfed horribly since the last time I played. 

I used a program to edit my baragaining skill to 200 just to test it out and STILL the items I was getting were far from what one would expect.

I remember back in the day I modded my shadow warrior's bargaining on the xbox 360 to 100 and literally every single item offered by merchants was yellow and pretty decent. 

So what I'm doing right now is original game that came out in 2008 and downloading that one because quite frankly I find it meaningless to play unless I get really good items early on. I have never made it past level 80 as that's when it starts getting boring for me, the thing about this game that makes it interesting for me is just trying builds that on paper wouldn't work and making them work, once they start working well, the only thing that can keep me playing is getting amazing items, making my character even more op. 

So once the original fallen angle has been downloaded I will try that one too, hopefully it is how it used to be back in the day. I know the nerfs they did were for multiplayer sake but nowadays I doubt people play the game online. So if anyone wants to go back, I highly recommend you to download the original game that was released in 2008 without a signle patch or update.

Not sure if serious, but I'll bite.

Second and most important of all, if you want to grab Fallen Angel v2.0.2 (if memory serves it's the original DVD version of the game) without all the amendments done by the devs themselves which on Gold took the game up to 2.65 then by all means go for it. We're all happy as we are playing Gold+CM Patch 1.60 without crashes. Sure there have been nerfs over each version but it's just that, they've been implemented with each version update, and thankfully so as the game was incredibly unbalanced. Like I said just a while ago in another topic, you can already rule Ancaria with +5 All Skills jewellery let alone +15 All Skills jewellery like it was on earlier versions.

On a more specific note to Bargaining, the results you get on vendors are generated within a boundary of quality so you get stuff between x-y levels of quality, which in reality means you can get great and not so great stuff. You only need to keep shopping to make your toon OP though. I have a very OP level 60 Inquisitor with over 70% in deathblow for instance, and I have a shopping ladder and all of that to buy my toons stuff at specific levels, so in the end I don't get your complaints. Unless you really want +15 All Skills jewellery. Then all you can do is grab an old and bugged to hell version of the game yes. To each his own and all that I guess.

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, annon011 said:

So I decided to play this game again after not playing since like 2012. Last time I did it was on the xbox.

I got the gold version on steam and played as an inquizitor till level 50 (and found a ridiculous build combining that reflective thing with the damage pulses, the lightning spell + physical damage). THE ONE problem I have with this game other than the freezes from time to time which for me personally are tolerable as I tend to save a lot, is how bargaining has been nerfed horribly since the last time I played. 

I used a program to edit my baragaining skill to 200 just to test it out and STILL the items I was getting were far from what one would expect.

I remember back in the day I modded my shadow warrior's bargaining on the xbox 360 to 100 and literally every single item offered by merchants was yellow and pretty decent. 

So what I'm doing right now is original game that came out in 2008 and downloading that one because quite frankly I find it meaningless to play unless I get really good items early on. I have never made it past level 80 as that's when it starts getting boring for me, the thing about this game that makes it interesting for me is just trying builds that on paper wouldn't work and making them work, once they start working well, the only thing that can keep me playing is getting amazing items, making my character even more op. 

So once the original fallen angle has been downloaded I will try that one too, hopefully it is how it used to be back in the day. I know the nerfs they did were for multiplayer sake but nowadays I doubt people play the game online. So if anyone wants to go back, I highly recommend you to download the original game that was released in 2008 without a signle patch or update.

Hello Annon!

I love your feedback on the game. Modding has been a huge disscussion since day one, and I remembe the debates across the forum since the game came out years ago.  I myself loved playing Vanilla, but this was because the point of game for me was HC... and HC by definitiion is in fixed world so that it creates limits and boundaries that create enforced reference thereby relevance. Modding has different end goals, more of creativity, imagination and "what ifs'...and when I saw that, I knew that modding was here to stay.

Thanks for writing so much, and especially with your first post. 

I did have to make some edits however to posts here regarding any other ways of getting this game other than buying it, As our Terms of Service here for these forums strictly  forbid discussion of ", so I'll kindly ask for folks posting to here to focus on Sacred Game itself. 

:)

gogo

Well I bought the gold one haha and the xbox 360 version back in the day. Anyway I really like the game, if you guys decide to make a 4th one I will be willing to donate. The one I just installed is 2.12 I think. 

Edited by annon011
3 hours ago, Androdion said:

Not sure if serious, but I'll bite.

Second and most important of all, if you want to grab Fallen Angel v2.0.2 (if memory serves it's the original DVD version of the game) without all the amendments done by the devs themselves which on Gold took the game up to 2.65 then by all means go for it. We're all happy as we are playing Gold+CM Patch 1.60 without crashes. Sure there have been nerfs over each version but it's just that, they've been implemented with each version update, and thankfully so as the game was incredibly unbalanced. Like I said just a while ago in another topic, you can already rule Ancaria with +5 All Skills jewellery let alone +15 All Skills jewellery like it was on earlier versions.

On a more specific note to Bargaining, the results you get on vendors are generated within a boundary of quality so you get stuff between x-y levels of quality, which in reality means you can get great and not so great stuff. You only need to keep shopping to make your toon OP though. I have a very OP level 60 Inquisitor with over 70% in deathblow for instance, and I have a shopping ladder and all of that to buy my toons stuff at specific levels, so in the end I don't get your complaints. Unless you really want +15 All Skills jewellery. Then all you can do is grab an old and bugged to hell version of the game yes. To each his own and all that I guess.

I was wondering since you have sacred wiki on your profile and I did use that site a few times during my build. 

The inquizitor has that Reverse Polarity buff and one of the first upgrades is to deal damage to enemies. My inquisitor had that, and although I was able to get the damage really high, the freequency of that pulse remained the same (it is about 1 second or something). I tried a lot of gear that increases attack speed, it didnt seam to do anything. I dont think it was affected by casing speed either from the Lore skill that I had which was at about 90 points. 

Do you happen to know anything about this ? It is the sphere upgrade of Reverse Polarity http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Reverse_Polarity

10 minutes ago, annon011 said:

The inquizitor has that Reverse Polarity buff and one of the first upgrades is to deal damage to enemies. My inquisitor had that, and although I was able to get the damage really high, the freequency of that pulse remained the same (it is about 1 second or something). I tried a lot of gear that increases attack speed, it didnt seam to do anything. I dont think it was affected by casing speed either from the Lore skill that I had which was at about 90 points. 

No item modifier can change hitting frequency, such a thing can only be done by modifying a CA using the proper mod. As per example, high elf's Raging Nimbus CA has a modifier "Hurricane" that does it : "Increases lightning frequency. (50% increase in hit speed)". 

As Sphere is already a mod for Reverse Polarity, you cannot mod it any further to increase it's hitting frequency.

• Like! 1

NVM the newest version is better lol. Sure this one lets me create more op character but man oh man, there are a lot of things its lacking, such as teleporting from anywhere, something that is an absolute MUST have. I guess I will just not take bargaining anymore, or maybe not put as much effort into leveling in it up and reloading the game over and over just to get a good item.

It is worth mentioning btw that with my inquizitor build on the latest version , after quite a lot of reloading the game , I managed to get a all skills +5 amulet at level 50 , everything else was +1 and +2. 

I duplicated it and put EVERYWHERE lol , my character was OP AF as most of my things had 2 golden sockets lol

6 hours ago, annon011 said:

NVM the newest version is better lol. Sure this one lets me create more op character but man oh man, there are a lot of things its lacking, such as teleporting from anywhere, something that is an absolute MUST have. I guess I will just not take bargaining anymore, or maybe not put as much effort into leveling in it up and reloading the game over and over just to get a good item.

You don't need to reload the game to refresh merchants stores. You can just create a LAN game, or head to specific locations, as I mentionned in this post : 

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

I too, have come back to the Sacred Series. The dev team did an awesome job on this game. I still get some laughs out of the commentary. The graphics are still stunning, and with the CM Patch and other add-ons, it's like a whole new experience.

I purchased it off Steam, and get crashes to desktop more than I would like, but I still play.

I'm also happy to see this forum is still supporting this game!! Props to all!!!

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Giggles said:

I too, have come back to the Sacred Series. The dev team did an awesome job on this game. I still get some laughs out of the commentary. The graphics are still stunning, and with the CM Patch and other add-ons, it's like a whole new experience.

I purchased it off Steam, and get crashes to desktop more than I would like, but I still play.

I'm also happy to see this forum is still supporting this game!! Props to all!!!

Thanks Giggles for making it back over to us. It's the biggest world you'll ever buy for the least amount of money. 

Plus... its iconic bugs come free of charge :lol:

Welcome back to DarkMtters!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1