How to prioritize stats?

I'm using this early Dryad build to try out Sacred 2: 

There are so many different stats, esp. on jewelry, in this game. Sure, I know what they supposedly do, but I don't know what to prioritize and equip. I have like 10 rings and pendants with so many different things: spell intensity, chance to evade, reduced chance for enemy to evade, base stats like Stamina, just on and on and onnnn. The deep mathematics guides bewilder me a bit, so any help would be appreciated.

Well, I guess it depends on a lot of factors to be honest. It depends on character level and difficulty level more so than others. When you're below mastery level and at Silver or Gold difficulties most modifiers will provide a significant impact, even though they have small percentages. The same with attributes too, as small boosts early on provide enough benefits to have them equipped. But once you get to your sixth skill or so the modifier that will impact the most is definitely "+all skills" since it boosts every single aspect of your character. When you get near and over mastery level and start getting further on into higher level enemies and higher difficulty levels you'll notice that those smaller percentages don't do much and that you'll need those values to be way higher to be truly effective. But in return the gear you get will also have higher number so it compensates a bit.

One fundamental truth is that there are modifiers that only work properly when they're high enough, like "opponent's level for deathblow". Anything below 50% on that modifier and it's not worth it in my book since it allows you to deal double damage when the enemy's health is below that percentual value. So having it at 20/30/40% is really unproductive since it'll wield really small results if you have a decent DPS rate already. Another one that works poorly at low percentual values is "chance that opponent's cannot evade attacks", as opposed to "opponent's chance to evade". While the former only truly works at percentual values above 25% (it's an estimate really not a flat value) the later can be proficient at 20/30%.

There are a lot of nuances so there isn't a definitive guide when it comes to modifiers in this game and it really depends on how you play it. But the more you play it the more you'll notice how some work better than others. At lower difficulty levels you can kill bosses without the "% life leech from opponents" modifier. Now try to do the same in Platinum where the same boss can have 500k HP and deal enough damage to kill you in half a dozen hits! It's at that point in time that you realize how that modifier becomes truly helpful, not only offensively but also defensively (killing faster with life leech means taking less damage and retaining more HP). There's a lot to focus on yes, but soon enough you'll see yourself focusing on the same few modifiers for optimal results. Just give it time. ;)