Games like Grim Dawn or Din's Curse?

Hello, everyone :) I'm back from my annual trip to Myrtle Beach, which means I have a ton of minerals and fossils I have to separate into personal collection and shop merchandise, plus I want to build a copy of Mar Vista (place I always stay) into my Rising World game. Anyway, I have a lot to do. I mention this because with all that I have going on, I wouldn't be coming here and asking this particular question unless it was a special circumstance. One of my patrons asked me this question. Normally I would have politely told her that both Google and Steam have good search engines, but this is a special favor. So, I downloaded a demo of Din's Curse, and sat down with her and Googled  "games like Grim Dawn". I don't think there are many games like Din's curse. You travel to a town, where quests send you to a dungeon where loot and monsters are randomly generated, something I don't see too often any more. So, I kind of closed the book on games like Din's Curse. However, Grim Dawn is a different story.

She already  has:

-All Diablos

- Both Sacreds

- Path to Exile

-Titan Quest

-pretty much all popular games Google and Steam suggest

She does not like

-games that look too cartoony, like Fate and Torchlight (I can understand that)

-jrpgs (I can understand that)

-Inquisitor Martyr (because you can't switch out to new gear until you end your current mission, which is part of the appeal to me)

So, with those search guidelines, I've turned up a big ole goose egg. Because she's not "just some client" (she has special circumstances that I don't find it proper to disclose), I've done a thorough search. Before I report back to her , I thought "you know who might know of new or upcoming top-down iso rpgs like Grim Dawn or Diablo 2 that I haven't found/overlooked? The good folks over at Darkmatters!" So, does anyone have any suggestions?

• Like! 1
11 hours ago, Gilberticus said:

I don't know about her, but I like the game. However, I had to sign into Discord to get the demo. Does DarkMatters have a Discord channel?

Offhand, Im not sure, Gilberticus...but I remember having one opened up with some friends when were playing Gauntlet online together.  Pretty good how well it worked.

:viking:

gogo

19 hours ago, Dorimil said:

she should give Dragons Dogma a chance (SP only)

I LOVE the wizardy, magical animations in that game... they got spellcasting RIGHT

:bounce:

GOGO

• 3 weeks later...

Older:

Legend: Hand of God

The Chosen: Well of Souls

Silverfall

Dungeon Siege series

Newer:

Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Victor Vran

Vikings: Wolves of Midgard