Poison ivy : Up to date guide?

Narjnaar

Hi,

I am looking for a up to date poison ivy guide with Ice and Blood and Community patch.

The original guide is here : Poison Ivy - A Pure Caster Dryad

I know that the community patch nerf Viperish Disease mechanics and add some poison damages who are affected by skills, items and attributes.

Is the guide still compatible or have there been changes?

Thank you for your future advice.

• Like! 1

Regarding disease, it's only there to quick-level the desert. I imagine that if I were playing it without the disease exploit, I'd still play her the same way, it would just go at the same speed as my other characters and I really don't see myself doing that. I've already built enough legit characters, and it was very refreshing to just be able to speed through levels.

That's Purple Lizard's own words at the end of the guide's OP. Though be forewarned that the disease exploit has indeed been removed, so that's that. Hope it was helpful.

• Thanks! 1
4 hours ago, Narjnaar said:

Hi,

I am looking for a up to date poison ivy guide with Ice and Blood and Community patch.

The original guide is here : Poison Ivy - A Pure Caster Dryad

I know that the community patch nerf Viperish Disease mechanics and add some poison damages who are affected by skills, items and attributes.

Is the guide still compatible or have there been changes?

Thank you for your future advice.

I remember when this game came out, and that exploit was running wild through the HC leaderboards... it wreaked havoc with all the scores before they could get it under control

A great title for a build huh

:oooo:

gogo

• 4 months later...

My bad, I didn't read the guide to the end. :(

I work with Viperish Disease to kill the monsters in a secondary way. 

The idea is to finish the monsters wounded by a full dex CAC (dual wielding) or ranged dryad. I'm at my third attempt to build a hit and run toon with Dot (not VD).

I want to use capricious hunter and cabalistic voodoo, but not nature weaver because it is on use everywhere.

Hi Narjnaar,

I did not experience the effect the exploit had at its time however, I played around with VP Dryad and while it does not clear entire maps I found it still a very powerful CA. Going with VP as main dps CA from scratch though can be quite exhausting and had required quite some patience from me. ^^

That being said I'd guess the build of the guide should still work decently. An option might be to switch the two Tinwora's Curse to wearing Staff of the Blood Dryad, sacrificing one blacksmith slot and +all CA to free up two more skill slots and get Combat art range +X%.