Abishai quest not starting AT ALL

I'm using Community Patch 1.60.

I've been to Cursed Forest, visiting one location after another and doing every quest I could find. After completing all of them I found out that the final boss is not respawning.

It took some research, but I figured out the main quest chain didn't start for me at all. All the missions I've completed were side quests. The first NPC near the balloon on the shore never gave me the first quest, so no other followed.

So what can I do now to complete the main quest chain?

The main problem with the (main) chain quest in the Cursed Forest is that it doesn't auto-update as it should, like, you travel from area to area finishing the prior part of the chain but then you still need to go after the next one and start it manually. So what happens most of the time is that you miss one NPC related to it and when you're on the next area you're already missing something. Like Kormynth's Labyrinth for instance, or Weakening the Abishai. Both of those are very easy to miss.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if that warning at the bottom of the wiki page on this quest chain still applies (that completing it permanently corrupts a save game)? It would seem like the community patch would have fixed that, but idk.