I have my own Discord Channel!!

It would be foolish to just issue an invite on a public forum, but is it ok that I simply state that I have one? I'm very excited. I've always had an aversion to social media types of things (minus this place). I don't do things like Facebook, Twitter, etc. However, I signed up to another channel after the Last Epoch one, and was politely asked to stop talking about minerals. So, I've started one that caters to both gamers and rockhounds. I'm not buying or selling to anyone, I didn't start this as an extension of my business, just as a guy who likes both gaming and minerals.

Edited by Gilberticus
  • Like! 1
1 hour ago, Gilberticus said:

It would be foolish to just issue an invite on a public forum, but is it ok that I simply state that I have one? I'm very excited. I've always had an aversion to social media types of things (minus this place). I don't do things like Facebook, Twitter, etc. However, I signed up to another channel after the Last Epoch one, and was politely asked to stop talking about minerals. So, I've started one that caters to both gamers and rockhounds. I'm not buying or selling to anyone, I didn't start this as an extension of my business, just as a guy who likes both gaming and minerals.

eeeeeeeeeee... sorry to hear about the last channel :(  but I do wish you success with the channel! I know when its busy its a lot of fun :) I'm not playing much that's using discord these days though for a talk/chat, but here's to hoping that yours is busy!

:superman:

gogo

Sadly, it was a bust, so I scrapped it. Everyone I talked to told me that they hated Discord. If I did a Facebook page, they'd join, but they couldn't tell me what's so terrible about Discord. Personally, I love Discord, it's so easy to share pictures, links, videos. And I have a ton of that stuff; a good 50 house blueprints for Rising World that I haven't shared with that community, a crap-ton of new mineral pictures that I'm procrastinating putting on my photo thing, that type stuff.

While I'm here, I have one more thought. Not everyone likes minerals; some just see colored rock, which I can totally understand. Before I became a gemologist, I had given away a whole bucketful of rare agates from Germany, something I kick myself for. But at the time, I saw them as unnecessary clutter. But if you're a fan of minerals (you don't have to tell me, because otherwise I might never shut up), I have two physical stores and two websites I can recommend. Sadly, all of these are within the United States, as the only time I do anything mineral-wise overseas is go to mines, as it's cheaper and I get a discount (you know, professional courtesy and whatnot).

1) If you're going to Myrtle Beach, ya gotta check out Black Market Mineral in Barefoot Landing. The name sounds shady, but it's a legit business. Every year I go, it gets better and better. There is something for everyone in that place, even if the person you're shopping for isn't too keen on minerals.

2) Should you find yourself going to the buckeye state, ya gotta check out V Rock. That place is like a mineral emporium.

3) Internet site #1= exquisitecrystals. Granted, there's a lot of talk about chakras and (gag) Lemurian crystals, but I've never seen an internet site that's a better bang for your buck

4) Internet site #2= rockhoundlounge. This place is a little more expensive, because it's higher quality. However, there's stuff there that I haven't seen anywhere else, like smoky amethysts.

Real quick, before I go, there's also two places I can recommend never to go to; Etsy and Ebay. I love Ebay in general, but I have never seen such a large assortment of fake minerals, the same can be said of Etsy. Now, if you don't mind shelling out money for colored glass that looks like minerals, cool. But if you're a purist like I am, I'd avoid those two sites.

• Thanks! 1

Sorry to hear your Discord server wasn't accepted well.

I think the biggest misconception people have about Discord is that it's a social media platform, which it is not. It is a communication platform for direct communication.

I like it because it's very modern and old school at the same time and it gets more and more accepted. It's also great for business, like customer support. And we even use it for all our internal team communication.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry it's taken so long to respond. I ironed out a few things with my Discord, like making it only for customers. That's not what's taken me so long, though: I got myself good and addicted to Project Zomboid. It might be fun to write a survival journal for that, like Knuckles did with Rimworld. So, I'll be back, with no ETA, with a little Project Zomboid story.