New Mod: Sacred Reborn

Whoooa so cool!  Finally a mod for Sacred 1.

Glancing at the changelog, looks some big buffs for several bosses and enemy spells, as well as some great improvements to player Combat Arts.  Finally there are decreased spawn count (makes sense if enemies are more powerful) and greater XP at higher difficulties.

8 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Never seen a mod for original Sacred before, is this a new beginning? I thought so much was locked up.

Well there were a few.

Other than texture swaps the first one was Veteran Mod and then there was Darkbloods and Ravenrock patch.

Thats about it, I think. It is a hard game to make mods for and I can only imagine how much time they invested to create Sacred ReBorn.

On 7/29/2018 at 11:09 AM, Thorium said:

A new mod for Sacred Underworld was just released.

I think the guys that made it are not on Darkmatters, so I post it here because it's really cool.

Download

Changelog

Thorium, where are the mod creators from, anyway I can reach them? Would be awesome to have them here on the boards to chat to , and in fact upload the mod to DarkMatters...would get a huge share with fans this way

:)

gogo

8 hours ago, Augmint said:

I'm looking at the changelog and liking what I see. Lightning strike from 8 to 20. Wood elf tendrils. Vehemance.  

I've never actually seen lightning strike be er.. lol "useful" before... found it too weak to even spam...mostly a fun spell. I like the intent of the modding 

And...holly molly...did you that "light"  cA just melt everything down? love it :lol:

gogo

The combat arts I mentioned were from builds I've played - EPOX Lightning strike build (plus Ring of ice, Ice shards) to Level 115 starting NIOB, Wood elf tendrils + call of ancestors build to level 103, and Dwarf 2H Axe vehemance build to around level 60?

Not exactly the strongest combat arts but I can see the changes making them much stronger.

(Side tracking a little here - Lightning does about 8.5 - 9K but 0.8 sec regen and with 8 hits can take out mobs pretty well. Plus ring of ice & % split. But then again my SB is not that high to be fighting monsters 15 or 20 levels above me)

EDIT - Poison mist build is gonna be much weaker :(

Edited by Augmint
13 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Thorium, where are the mod creators from, anyway I can reach them? Would be awesome to have them here on the boards to chat to , and in fact upload the mod to DarkMatters...would get a huge share with fans this way

gogo

You can comment on the YouTube video. And at least one of them is on my Discord server under the name MetaL. https://discord.gg/9NCRNpE

They are from russia but MetaL's english isn't to bad. He is also doing community management for the russian community of LifeLeech and is one of our biggest supporters right now.

• Thanks! 1
10 hours ago, Thorium said:

You can comment on the YouTube video. And at least one of them is on my Discord server under the name MetaL. https://discord.gg/9NCRNpE

They are from russia but MetaL's english isn't to bad. He is also doing community management for the russian community of LifeLeech and is one of our biggest supporters right now.

Thanks Thorium! I'll see to speaking to them to see if they can come visit us here.  it's a terrific mod they made, great for keeping the interest in this game going... someone soon will make this game's legacy we've all been waiting for ...fans await ^^

And really happy to see he's a huge supporter of your project as well... your game is growing strong!

:bounce:

gogo

Can someone ask them to lower the respawn rate?  Enemies respawn insanely fast in Sacred 1.  It's literally impossible to clear area because you walk one screen away and the enemies have returned in the previous screen you were just on.  This was always on my wishlist.

4 hours ago, Flix said:

Can someone ask them to lower the respawn rate?  Enemies respawn insanely fast in Sacred 1.  It's literally impossible to clear area because you walk one screen away and the enemies have returned in the previous screen you were just on.  This was always on my wishlist.

That would be a controversial change.

When I first started playing Sacred I did not liked the respawn, it was for the same reason you want the change. but I grew to like it. You can just keep on farming without restarting the game.

Also there is a way to mostly clear out. If you solved most of the quests in a region, it gets pacified. That means much less enemies spawn in that region.

On 31.07.2018 at 11:30 AM, gogoblender said:

gogo

I'm one of the ReBorn creators. You reach us :)

On 8/9/2018 at 2:01 PM, MetaL said:

I'm one of the ReBorn creators. You reach us :)

Hi Metal and welcome to DarkMatters!  Thanks for finding our community :bounce: I' m just back from a vacay. for last 10 days and am delighted you are here! Can't believe that modding has had such huget effect on this original game, you have made friends all over this planet with your brave work. Making "lightning" a real powerhouse is thrilling work :superman: 

Thank you and once again welcome!

gogo

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2018 at 9:58 AM, MetaL said:

We release new little update 1.12: improved regeneration buffs and speed buffs, reduced cooldown for all summons, strengthened Daemon's damage spells, some creatures changed, Orla's charged bolts buffed.

Sacred ReBorn 1.12 installer/установщик: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1intasnq7SY6-U1URm2Btixp9ULwIHThg

Full patchnotes (en): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xmUfY3tfTqgqpo48nEV09fL-1XPGvyWC

Полный список изменений (ru): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gLoVJgN__3ChMADC9OmsOejDV7wK3IN8

Metal, this is awesome thanks!

Is there any way you could upload these mods to the Darkmatters section? All the  Sacred mods would  be organized together for the community and there would be more reach to new players. 

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/files/category/2-underworld/

gogo

• 3 months later...
On 12/29/2018 at 4:44 PM, GoldenGirl said:

Is the new balance mod "ReBorn" also planned for the German version?

Hi!

Yes, we can add other languages, but it will be without especial text changes. For example, for russian and english we changed the name and description of Seraphim's Lightning Bolt, but we can't do it itself for other languages, because don't know them.

If someone make especial translations for other languages then we will add them too. But there is one restriction - new text should be not longer than old one.

• Like! 1
  • 9 months later...