3 hours ago, Timotheus said:

@gogoblender A happy and healthy 2019 to you too Rommel :) say hi to Brad as well! Still is the wrong word actually. I played the demo when it became available and thought: this would not be a game I should pour my time into right now... So I never bought it. But, having some spare money makes it easier to make foolish choices ;) so I bought both the base game, the Reaper expansion... Yeah... Aaaaand… The Necromancer DLC since that was my main character in D2. :whistle:

I actually tried playing D1 before this since I never played it, I love the lore of the franchise, but that game moves sooo slow! 

@Gilberticus I was thinking of a game but then I saw no medieval... So I guess you are aware of Life is Feudal?:zipit:

Are you playing in Europe servers?

I just downloaded the game again to my computer 

:D

gogo

On 1/9/2019 at 2:09 AM, gogoblender said:

Are you playing in Europe servers?

I just downloaded the game again to my computer 

gogo

Yeah I guess? Although I am focussing on my playthrough of the storyline. This whole online SP experience sucks tbh. Why is it that if you play a private game for the storyline it can’t save the bloody maps!

And another gripe I have is that several times by now my leveling up or reaching an achievement - which are stupid imo - or even a quicktime event cuts off character dialoge fron quest progression which I cannot replay. 2 days ago I spent half an hour roaming around some piece of desert near Caldeum because I missed the bit that I were to follow sets of footprints. And on several occaisions I’ve missed some backstory after killing my objective and immediately levelling up. 

And on a sidenote: I guess the levels of monsters adapt really well to your own? I was level 25 by the time I started the second act. I’m not rushing, but there’s no dilly-dallying  either. In D2 that would be the approximate level I would venture into the third act in, and that was with playing with the /players 8 command. 

7 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Yeah I guess? Although I am focussing on my playthrough of the storyline. This whole online SP experience sucks tbh. Why is it that if you play a private game for the storyline it can’t save the bloody maps!

And another gripe I have is that several times by now my leveling up or reaching an achievement - which are stupid imo - or even a quicktime event cuts off character dialoge fron quest progression which I cannot replay. 2 days ago I spent half an hour roaming around some piece of desert near Caldeum because I missed the bit that I were to follow sets of footprints. And on several occaisions I’ve missed some backstory after killing my objective and immediately levelling up. 

And on a sidenote: I guess the levels of monsters adapt really well to your own? I was level 25 by the time I started the second act. I’m not rushing, but there’s no dilly-dallying  either. In D2 that would be the approximate level I would venture into the third act in, and that was with playing with the /players 8 command. 

Im gonna see if I can get a toon started in Europe servers...I used to be able to before... Id love to start again at low levels.. well see if I can connect 

gogo

11 hours ago, Timotheus said:

OK I caught up on the storyline and with another day of playing I've beaten the game. It's quite short isn't it, took me just a shade under 20 hours. 

It is short.  It's one of the reasons that Schot stopped playing it so quickly... for him,  the math and excitement of moving a build along in levels just wasn't there anymore after years of Sacred "grinding"   HC was already a huge investment of years, no regrets, but for someone who's more interested into story line and completion of Quests, Diablo 3 didnt hold it for him.  Did you complete the Addon as well? Did you find the mechanics of building interesting? 

:lol:

gogo

Yeah, completed the full campaign. I must say the storyline-connection to the base game of the addon was a bit disappointing. Nice open ending as well :badbad:

As for interesting mechanics, kind of. It's pretty cool you can switch your build around. Although with my necro I had a pretty good setup which I did not really alter to be fair: under 1 and 2 I had Army of the Dead (Death Valley rune) for bosses and Blood Rush (Hemostasis rune) as a quick teleport out of danger. Under 3 and 4 I had 2 passives: Devour (Devouring aura rune) and Frailty (Aura of Frailty rune). Active skills were Grim Scythe (Dual Scythes rune) and Death Nova (Unstable Compound rune)/Bonespear (Teeth rune) for crowd control.

I started the game on Normal, not knowing what to expect. Well... Only Diablo actually managed to hurt me :crazy:
One thing which caught me off guard though was I unintentionally turned off the free allocation of skills to the slots, which made no sense to me: the day before I could switch my skills around and the next I couldn't :lol: SO CONFUSED!

• Haha 1
On 1/15/2019 at 4:03 PM, Timotheus said:

Yeah, completed the full campaign. I must say the storyline-connection to the base game of the addon was a bit disappointing. Nice open ending as well :badbad:

As for interesting mechanics, kind of. It's pretty cool you can switch your build around. Although with my necro I had a pretty good setup which I did not really alter to be fair: under 1 and 2 I had Army of the Dead (Death Valley rune) for bosses and Blood Rush (Hemostasis rune) as a quick teleport out of danger. Under 3 and 4 I had 2 passives: Devour (Devouring aura rune) and Frailty (Aura of Frailty rune). Active skills were Grim Scythe (Dual Scythes rune) and Death Nova (Unstable Compound rune)/Bonespear (Teeth rune) for crowd control.

I started the game on Normal, not knowing what to expect. Well... Only Diablo actually managed to hurt me :crazy:
One thing which caught me off guard though was I unintentionally turned off the free allocation of skills to the slots, which made no sense to me: the day before I could switch my skills around and the next I couldn't :lol: SO CONFUSED!

Well..if you were to begin to commit to playing hundreds of hours per week to get into builds.. and I wouldnt blame ya, loot hunting and speeds are very heart pitter patter inducing...but if you want something a little cheery.. maybe... hmm.. consider...this?

:dance:

gogo

6 hours ago, Gilberticus said:

Yeah, I do have Life is feudal. I'm currently playing Wurm Unlimited, though.

come hang with us Gilberticus...

...trust in meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:devil:

gogo

18 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Revive Kamikaze sunday anyone :devil: wasn't Brad messing around with Hamachi? :4rofl:

heh yah... were just trying to see some final settngs for the actual game download on my larger screen setup... and if it works, we can ask Schot if he can do play time that day as well..

Kamikazee!

:)

gpgp

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Chrona said:

Hey :) sry, long time not log in here. Still playin Grim dawen, Guild wars 2 and starbound

Heey and a big hello Chrona!

Starbound? thats a new one I hear about now

hmmm, lol is that the right one?

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

yep iam still playing :)

and we have room for everyone that wants to play the best space sandbox game ever made ;)

:viking:

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, bhj said:

yep iam still playing :)

and we have room for everyone that wants to play the best space sandbox game ever made ;)

c'mon... even better than Sacred ?

:eek:

gogo

Hmmm thought question 🤔

Sacred 2 and forward For sure Way better

UW and back Just barely But yeah its better :oooo:

On 5/18/2019 at 9:03 AM, bhj said:

Hmmm thought question 🤔

Sacred 2 and forward For sure Way better

UW and back Just barely But yeah its better :oooo:

:viking: !

gogo

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2019 at 11:27 PM, gogoblender said:

Heey and a big hello Chrona!

Starbound? thats a new one I hear about now

hmmm, lol is that the right one?

gogo

Hey :) no, played for a few years from beta until now :) its a great little game. can use a lot of mods and never get bored

On 7/10/2019 at 4:00 PM, Chrona said:

Hey :) no, played for a few years from beta until now :) its a great little game. can use a lot of mods and never get bored

Always loved your pick in games

what are you playing now Chrona?

:)

gogo

• 4 months later...

I loved playing with people in Sacred 2 heyday and after. And talking about builds with friends and stuff. High Elf for life.

Would be nice to find a game we could play together.

I downloaded Path of Exile but have yet to play it.

Loved Conan Exiles on PS4 when it was free but then my guild just got bored.