Trimmed Elite Graphics

OOPS, posted instead of edited :P....

Already been there and no issues.

EDIT:

Probably found the cause. It turns out I cannot just slap the creatures.txt from the CM Patch into my vanilla game and expect it to work 100% correctly in the entire game. For some reason, the game was spawning the new variants of Kobold Riders (the green and purple ones) and they were missing animations (due to me not having the CM Patch installed fully). This is the first creature it happened with so far. Screenshots show the hillarity. The Kobolds were perpendicular to the wolves and were just sliding around on the ground doing nothing. I tried reverting back to the old creatures.txt and it fixed the bugged Riders (only the brown ones spawn now) and the game no longer seems to be crashing in that spot I posted before. I was using the CM Patch creatures.txt to scale up the human NPCs. I will just have to do that manually in my old creatures.txt but at least I have the one from CM Patch as a base. It will just take some time.

Also on topic of Kobold Riders, the normal ones are okay, but the elite ones seem to behave strangely (both in vanilla and the CM Patch). I just tested it and the elite Kobold Riders to the south of orc area don't attack you on their own. If you get close to them, they start swinging at you but their attacks make the sound as if they were firing a projectile from a staff. They also seem to have an extremely low chance to hit. They had 22% chance to hit me in stats and I just stood there for minutes with 2 of them flailing at me and I got hit only a very few times. Also the moment you get from melee range, they just start walking around again as if nothing happened.

kob 1.png

kob 2.png

Edited by idbeholdME
42 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

OOPS, posted instead of edited :P....

Already been there and no issues.

EDIT:

Probably found the cause. It turns out I cannot just slap the creatures.txt from the CM Patch into my vanilla game and expect it to work 100% correctly in the entire game. For some reason, the game was spawning the new variants of Kobold Riders (the green and purple ones) and they were missing animations (due to me not having the CM Patch installed fully). This is the first creature it happened with so far. Screenshots show the hillarity. The Kobolds were perpendicular to the wolves and were just sliding around on the ground doing nothing. I tried reverting back to the old creatures.txt and it fixed the bugged Riders (only the brown ones spawn now) and the game no longer seems to be crashing in that spot I posted before. I was using the CM Patch creatures.txt to scale up the human NPCs. I will just have to do that manually in my old creatures.txt but at least I have the one from CM Patch as a base. It will just take some time.

If you don't have spawn.txt, then new enemies won't spawn.  If you don't have drop.txt, then new items won't drop.  That's literally all you need to omit to accomplish what you want.  Taking out more files than that is just asking for trouble.  Don't want to play the tiny handful of new quests introduced in CM?  Just avoid those quest givers.

I knew that much. The thing is, I was not using the spawn.txt and the new Kobold Riders were spawning anyway.

And I am already basically in the state that you described also minus the map navigation changes and mounts. I just discovered that I will have to edit the original creatures.txt and not just use the new one. No biggie.

I am afraid to use the quests because if it works fine and later down the road I find an impassable problem (start a quest that refers to a non existing creature for example), the change will be irreversible. And I definitely don't know which quests are new and which are old. Besides, I don't want random question marks on my map that I have to avoid. So I will survive the occasional bugged quest (encountered 2 so far in act 2).

Any input on the elite Kobold Riders not doing much of anything? That is present in both vanilla and patched versions and not caused by my alchemy with the CM files.