Different DOT Stacking

Hello I came back to Sacred 2 after 10 years an I am currently at theory crafting for my High elf pyro build. I wanted to ask how does Incandescent skin mod Inferno works? Does it stacks with itself? Does Blazing tempest stack with itself? And do they both stack together? I don't know if it is better then burning projectiles if you can set enemy ablaze by Blazing tempest instead. 

The level of Incandescent Skin does produce better results at higher levels, however, it is far better to dispatch opponents before they get close enough to do any damage. This is especially true with boss monsters. If one is careful to consume the amount of runes necessary to allow the waves of Blazing Tempest to flow outward at about two per second and never more that one per second they cause enough cumulative damage that mobs, even hordes of enemies such as Kobolds, to be handily dispatched. Ancestral Fireball can be employed for a few opponents at a time, while Incendiary Shower is an excellent Boss Slayer when Magma, Continuity, and Devastation are selected. Be sure to keep the intervals on I.S. close to 1.5 seconds.

• Like! 1

That cleared my mind. I am not native English user so some more technical explanations can be confusing for me. I seems I missed wiki pros and cons part

"The flat fire damage portion of Blazing Tempest can trigger the Burning secondary effect, which will cause extra fire DoT on top of the built-in DoT."

If I understand correctly only one instance of burning can be present on enemy but DOT from Blazing Tempest should stack with itself?

The built-in DOT on Blazing Tempest is not the same one as the usual burn effect that can get applied by everything that deals fire damage. That indeed means that an enemy can have a Blazing Tempest DOT on him AND the normal burn effect at the same time. Just think about the Blazing Tempest DOT as being a part of the Combat Art itself rather than the usual burn effect.

The built-in DOT on Blazing tempest has 100% chance of happening and is not affected by Damage Lore or Incandescent Skin. 

But they increase the chance of the normal burn secondary effect happening.

And yes, these 2 DOTs can stack as they are different.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Thanks! 1