How to deal with Ice Hydra using Shadow Warrior

I've never used a SW against a Ice Hydra.. but looked up the stats online and found this nifty video of someone using his SW against the Hydra back in 2011

He's unfortunately specced out as Astral Lord  :(

I hope someone has some better tips for you :cool: 

:)

p.s. I also remember this Hydra having sick poison damagae? He destroyed some of my friends' high end toons in HC when the christmas patch appeared and this Hydra was a big surprise. 

gogo

Those last drops in HP on that video tell me that deathblow was used. Anyway, that particular boss is horrid if you aren't well protected! It has huge DPS, enormous DOT and sick HP, so unless you have really good equipment and life leech/debuff CAs/deathblow all I can say is... good luck?! :D

I remember one of my SW builds dropped dead in Platinum lightning fast with that boss...

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Androdion said:

Those last drops in HP on that video tell me that deathblow was used. Anyway, that particular boss is horrid if you aren't well protected! It has huge DPS, enormous DOT and sick HP, so unless you have really good equipment and life leech/debuff CAs/deathblow all I can say is... good luck?! :D

I remember one of my SW builds dropped dead in Platinum lightning fast with that boss...

Even you huh

Yah I remember for a while everyone in HC was trying to find a way to route around it because it was so deadly...

:oooo:

gogo

I was overconfident, like "nah nothing can bring him down". I got toast real fast since the hydra does crazy damage. I went there a couple of more times without the SB and the takedown was equally fast, so eventually I had to find a way around it. A weapon with %LL did the trick. ;)

I finally get to kill the monster, but I only got lucky I admit:

while I was busy trying to figure out how to kill the ice hydra suddenly a random mob decides to drop a dark side for me(http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:The_Dark_Side) and I used it to kill the ice hydra which it did.

but I will say that I only got lucky for this kill due to the lightsaber dropping and it taught me one thing:

to kill bosses with high regen or strong heals like the hydra I need weapons that are:

1. incredibly strong

2. must be an element the boss is weak to

Edited by bassgun
On 8/31/2018 at 9:34 PM, bassgun said:

I finally get to kill the monster, but I only got lucky I admit:

while I was busy trying to figure out how to kill the ice hydra suddenly a random mob decides to drop a dark side for me(http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:The_Dark_Side) and I used it to kill the ice hydra which it did.

but I will say that I only got lucky for this kill due to the lightsaber dropping and it taught me one thing:

to kill bosses with high regen or strong heals like the hydra I need weapons that are:

1. incredibly strong

2. must be an element the boss is weak to

talk about a lucky "just in time" drop...

hell yah!

:devil:

gogo