CM Patch and existing save files

*Edit: Nvm. Just did a forum search rather than Google search and found the answers.*

I've only dabbled in Sacred 2 so far making different classses to see how they play. Finally settled on Fire HE to start with a TG already planned. But my question is will installing the CM Patch corrupt/break my current HE save file or will I have to start a new one? Also, I've seen a few people say that 1.60 doesn't work well with the Steam version so is that issue widespread or just a few outlying cases?

Thanks.

Edited by Nexdoreum

Can't speak for others, but on my W10 system, the CM patch will not install over the Steam (or Galaxy) version of the game. It works flawlessly with GOG's offline version of the game. If you can spare it, I highly recommend the GOG offline version. Plus it is optimized for W8 and W10, the Steam version is not..

I think it might be an OS thing, as like Androdion, I have Win7 too and have had 0 issues with the installation or the game so far. My HE save still works too; no broken stats, no missing gear or skills or stashed items. Only thing I've noticed is I have quest markers on the map for quests I completed a few days ago that have just randomly appeared.

Edited by Nexdoreum

Because quest.txt was altered during development, it's highly likely you'll see weird quest behavior, especially from the Epic Office Quest, which will most likely be completely broken if you had already started it before installing 1.60.

You may also notice the stats on several magic/rare items was re-rolled - a side effect of fixing several modifiers in blueprint.txt.

Still, I recommend fresh characters all around.

I kind of figured it was a W10 issue, as I had seen where others are playing with the CM patch on Steam. I couldn't even play the vanilla game on Steam without having to jump through a bunch of hoops. Only way the game would even load was by clicking on the exe inside the folder. Ridiculous. I would rather have W7 back again, but W10 is what came on the new computer I got, so it is what it is I guess..

• 2 months later...

The patch supports all officially supported languages, Spanish included.

Check your locale folder for a file called global.res.  It looks like it's missing.  If so you will need to do a clean reinstall of the game.

• Thanks! 1