How to get Sacred 2 first person view?

S4cR3d2

Actually, there are quite an extensive array of alterations that may be made to the optionsCustom.txt file to alter the view. The thread on this topic may be found here. You may want to try adjusting this line to level as low as zero: cam1_trackdist_min = "x"

TPOMax = "x", and TPOMin = "x", control the vertical spatial orientation, as I recall. So, if the character were moved low enough, they might not show unless one zooms out for a view from further behind.

• Thanks! 1
1 hour ago, Hooyaah said:

Actually, there are quite an extensive array of alterations that may be made to the optionsCustom.txt file to alter the view. The thread on this topic may be found here. You may want to try adjusting this line to level as low as zero: cam1_trackdist_min = "x"

TPOMax = "x", and TPOMin = "x", control the vertical spatial orientation, as I recall. So, if the character were moved low enough, they might not show unless one zooms out for a view from further behind.

ya I read that thread too and that is how I got that view in the screenshot. I adjusted that cam1_trackdist_min to 0 and -3 and I get the same thing: jus like the pic right behind the character

I also tried the TPOMax and TPOMin and had the min to -20 and the cam was underneath the ground lol

Yeah that's what I meant in my earlier post. What you adjust is an ellipsis between the ground and the sky that intersects your character, so the lower the values are (closer to zero) the closer the ground is, so I reckon that you can't actually make it in first person view since there's no line in the code to adjust the ellipsis closer or wider to your character's position. At least I'm pretty sure there isn't one. :D

22 minutes ago, Androdion said:

so I reckon that you can't actually make it in first person view since there's no line in the code to adjust the ellipsis closer or wider to your character's position. At least I'm pretty sure there isn't one.

What about decreasing the value for "cam_autozoom_min" ?  Something in there has to control the min and max zoom.

Found it.  It's "cam1_trackdist_min".  I set it to 1 and it looks pretty good, although the camera moves back behind the character a little when they walk or run.  It's also too low to the ground, so I'll need to make some adjustments to move the camera up towards the character's head.  Will report back.

EDIT: By the way, I am editing options.txt directly.  If you go the optionsCustom.txt route, you have to delete options.txt first so that the game recreates it using your custom options from the other file.

This is far from perfect but this is a good starting point for experimentation:

behaviour = 0,
	cam1_rotx_emax = -1.22,
	cam1_rotx_max = -2.99,
	cam1_rotx_min = 0.05,
	cam1_trackdist_max = 2000,
	cam1_trackdist_min = 1,
	cam_autorot_speed = 0.5,
	cam_autozoom_max = 800,
	cam_autozoom_min = 1,
	cam_autozoom_speed = 1,
	cameraDamping = 1,
	cameraShake = 0,
	cover_detection_dist = 1000,
	customsettings = 1,
	dng1_rotx_emax = -1.22,
	dng1_rotx_max = -1.9,
	dng1_rotx_min = -0.5,
	dng1_trackdist_max = 2000,
	dng1_trackdist_min = 1,
	editorDevCam = 0,
	heromenu_rotx_emax = -1.22,
	heromenu_rotx_max = -0.99,
	heromenu_rotx_min = 0.05,
	heromenu_trackdist_max = 2000,
	heromenu_trackdist_min = 140,
	invert = 0,
	leaf_occlusion_fact_x = 1,
	leaf_occlusion_fact_y = 2,
	TPOMax = 70,
	TPOMin = -10,

I will keep tweaking it and maybe upload a video later.  The experience of walking around towns likes this is much more immersive than I would have expected.

Does anyone know which value would let me angle the camera more upwards, towards the sky?

• Thanks! 1
4 hours ago, Flix said:

What about decreasing the value for "cam_autozoom_min" ?  Something in there has to control the min and max zoom.

Sorry for the late response, went crazy with cleaning the new house. :D

I think "cam1_rotx_max/min" is what changes the leaning of the ellipsis, but I think I adjusted it via the in-game options menu as it's faster and more easily noticeable. Those changes can be seen almost instantly if you do it like that. I remember that tampering with the values I could see top down, but that was at maximum zoom out, so if you can combine full 90 degrees with a really low maximum zoom out you could probably do it top down near the head of the character. That is, unless you can't make the function (ellipsis) work in negative values, that I can't say if it's possible.

This is what I could throw together this afternoon.  The main issue is there's no buttons for walking/strafing to the left and right.  So I can only walk forward and I have to hold down the middle mouse button to get the free view and then constantly jerk it around to change the direction the character is walking.  This also means I can't really look around while moving; wherever I point the camera is the direction the character starts walking.

I can't imagine anyone would actually be able to play the game like this.

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, Flix said:

This is far from perfect but this is a good starting point for experimentation:

behaviour = 0,
	cam1_rotx_emax = -1.22,
	cam1_rotx_max = -2.99,
	cam1_rotx_min = 0.05,
	cam1_trackdist_max = 2000,
	cam1_trackdist_min = 1,
	cam_autorot_speed = 0.5,
	cam_autozoom_max = 800,
	cam_autozoom_min = 1,
	cam_autozoom_speed = 1,
	cameraDamping = 1,
	cameraShake = 0,
	cover_detection_dist = 1000,
	customsettings = 1,
	dng1_rotx_emax = -1.22,
	dng1_rotx_max = -1.9,
	dng1_rotx_min = -0.5,
	dng1_trackdist_max = 2000,
	dng1_trackdist_min = 1,
	editorDevCam = 0,
	heromenu_rotx_emax = -1.22,
	heromenu_rotx_max = -0.99,
	heromenu_rotx_min = 0.05,
	heromenu_trackdist_max = 2000,
	heromenu_trackdist_min = 140,
	invert = 0,
	leaf_occlusion_fact_x = 1,
	leaf_occlusion_fact_y = 2,
	TPOMax = 70,
	TPOMin = -10,

I will keep tweaking it and maybe upload a video later.  The experience of walking around towns likes this is much more immersive than I would have expected.

Does anyone know which value would let me angle the camera more upwards, towards the sky?

@Flix Awesome ! That works real good until you move forwards ! heres a pic :

fps.thumb.jpg.1b520d8ad193252fd9a568b6f70459ed.jpg

6 hours ago, Flix said:

This is what I could throw together this afternoon.  The main issue is there's no buttons for walking/strafing to the left and right.  So I can only walk forward and I have to hold down the middle mouse button to get the free view and then constantly jerk it around to change the direction the character is walking.  This also means I can't really look around while moving; wherever I point the camera is the direction the character starts walking.

I can't imagine anyone would actually be able to play the game like this.

Wow - that looks pretty awesome actually. Shame regarding the movement...