Overlookers, give use a sneak peak, please. What is next on the list? I heard of bleeding wounds once, can it be done? You must know I got myself Esal Hylef, Ulukais Mask and Jagged Sword of Embers lately. Well, what are you working on?

EDIT

/Stupid post here. I was a bit too exited about the the version and started playing immediately. Didnt check the readme. Look it over.

Edited by Dax
8 hours ago, Dax said:

Overlookers, give use a sneak peak, please. What is next on the list? I heard of bleeding wounds once, can it be done? You must know I got myself Esal Hylef, Ulukais Mask and Jagged Sword of Embers lately. Well, what are you working on?

Did you read the latest change log for the new 3.0 version that just released?

CHANGES

1.      MECHANICS AND BUGFIXES

The "Chance for Open Wounds" bonus that did not work on items has been fixed. Now an open wound lasts 5 seconds and deals 20% per tick of the damage that caused it. Damage of an open wound is physical.

Fixed a bug due to which the ability had a limit of 65535 for each type of damage.

Comment: Fixing a damage bug seems simple, but in fact, a lot of work had to be done. For example, each ability had to be individually corrected, and this is only part of the work.

As a result of fixing a bug with damage, the Burning Bone effect from the Byleth’s and Huron’s sets now does the correct damage.

In connection with the fixing a bug with damage, the damage of the Orla’s charges and Fadalmar’s fireballs was rebalanced. Now Fadalmar launch only one fireball, but its damage has been increased accordingly.

2.      HD RESOLUTION (demo version)

Added the ability to switch the resolution of the game from 1024x768 to 1366x768. You can do this in the settings file “Settings.cfg” (you can open it with a standard notepad). Add the line “WIDESCREEN: 1” in it to enable widescreen resolution. To return to standard resolution, replace 1 on this line with 0.

IMPORTANT: This is a demo version, some interface elements are not completely completed (menu, character selection window).

3.      SKILLS

Agility – now the initial attack and defense bonus is 50% and increases by 10% per level.

Parrying – now the initial defense bonus without a shield is 50% and increases by 10% per level, and with a shield the initial defense bonus is 100% and increases by 25% per level.

Sword Lore / Axe Lore / Long-handeld Weapons / Ranged Combat / Dual Wielding / Unarmed Combat / Blade Combat – now the initial  attack bonus is 50% and increases by 10% per level, and the initial increase in attack speed is 20% and increases by 1% per level.

Comment: These skills gave too small bonus to attack and/or defense and could not compete with buffs of attack and/or defense. Diminishing only exacerbated the situation, gradually devaluing the increase to the parameters. This only interfered with the balancing, so we decided to remove it and make the linear parameter growth.
Enemies also use these skills, so some of them can become problematic to hit. We will be monitor the situation and make corrections for the enemies, if necessary.

4.      BOSSES

Crab Queen

The concept of resistance has been changed, now this boss is resistant to everything except physical damage (it was the other way around).

Comment: ReBorn has not much bosses that are only vulnerable to physical damage.

Demon-Lords

Each of the four Demon-Lords get another medium-efficiency resistance. The type of new resistance depends on the color of the skin: Gray - poison, Green - physical, Red - magic, Blue - fire.

The damage of the spikes of Demon-Lords is rebalanced, since fixing a bug with a damage limit affected them.

Comment: Resistance to only one damage type looked poor, moreover, such a concept is closer to the original idea.

Anducar

Now the spikes poison much more strongly, be careful!

5.      HEROES

Comment: Fixing a damage limit bug has opened up new possibilities for us. In this version, we adjusted the damage of some abilities, as well as weakened the damage-increasing buffs and their analogues.

Gladiator

Dagger Stare – damage increased by 2 times (in total it’s 4 times compared to original).

Daemon

Call of Death – rebalanced; damage bonus per level reduced by 3 times (now it’s exactly the damage). Damage bonus duration same as in original.

Infernal Power – initial fire damage bonus increased from 25% to 50%, fire damage bonus per level reduced form 5% to 1%.

Blazing Disk – the total damage is equally redistributed between the two types of damage.

Hell Sphere – the total damage is equally redistributed between the two types of damage.

Abysmal Choir – the total damage is equally redistributed between the two types of damage.

Battle Daemon – initial physical damage bonus increased from 25% to 50%, physical damage bonus per level reduced form 5% to 1%.

Charged Bolts (Energy Daemon) – damage increased by 2 times.

Wall of Flames (Fire Daemon) – damage increased by 2 times.

Poison Ring (Poison Daemon) – damage increased by 2 times.

Dwarf

Flame Thrower – recovery increased by about 2.7 times, damage reduced by 2 times.

Mortar Grenade – Recovery increased by about 3 times, damage reduced by about 10%.

Cannon Blast – Recovery increased by about 2.25 times, damage reduced by about 10%.

Wood Elf

Poisoned Tendris – the progression of the number of tentacles has been changed, now 3 tentacles will be at level 69 of the spell. This will weaken the enemy magicians; with this spell they will create 2 tentacles.

Comment: This change should have been made in version 2.5, but looks like we forgot to make it in the final assembly: D

Battle Mage

Schield Wall – fixed duration 180 sec, poison resistance removed, initial magic/fire resistance reduced to 100/40, magic/fire resistance per level reduced to 40/15.

Comment: We decided to make the Protective Wall the opposite of Stone Skin.

Fireball – Damage increased by around 50%.

Ghost Meadow – initial cooldown reduction is reduced from 100% to 50%, cooldown reduction per level is reduced from 5% to 1%.

Comment: The Battle Mage in ReBorn became too strong compared to other heroes because of great cooldown reduction via Ghost Meadow. In fact, the Ghost Meadow can be compared with damage buffs (like Dark Elf’s Testosterone), but damage is increased indirectly due to the more often using of Combat Arts, and are strengthened not just those Combat Arts that have a certain type of damage, but all Combat Arts (even those that don’t have damage).

Dark Elf

Testosterone – initial poison damage bonus increased from 25% to 50%, poison damage bonus per level reduced form 5% to 1%.

6.      BLACKSMITH

Reworked blacksmith bonuses. Now all three bonuses from the Dwarf’s Skill "Forge Lore" is unique, I.e. different from the bonuses that blacksmiths have.

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, Flix said:

Well thanks for the explanation.  I liked the old philosophy, but I will learn to adapt.  :smile:

Actually I had to make such explanations in the changelist by versions, but it is difficult to explain briefly, plus sometimes I can be lazy :wink:

• Haha 1
On 2/23/2020 at 10:49 AM, Flix said:

Most of the interface is still off-center, but this was to be expected with a beta release.

I think I will not change inventory position in nearby updates, because it no have left border and it will be looks not great. I will show later how it can be look.

Just a quick wonder, sorry; I guess the HD mod is integrated to ReBorn mod isn't it? But isn't ReBorn mod only for english version of Sacred or what if I don't want to use ReBorn, do you plan to make the Widescreen mod available for vanilla game too?

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, desm said:

Just a quick wonder, sorry; I guess the HD mod is integrated to ReBorn mod isn't it? But isn't ReBorn mod only for english version of Sacred or what if I don't want to use ReBorn, do you plan to make the Widescreen mod available for vanilla game too?

HD is an option of ReBorn mod. If You don't want to use ReBorn then you can't use HD.

ReBorn have multiple languages, not only English.

We already thinked about making some kind of patch with only bugfixes and HD (without rebalance), but there are some problems with it:

1. It will requre a lot of time for work and will slow down ReBorn developing. So even if we start such work (we not shure about it) it not be done quickly.
  2. Some bugs can't be fixed without rebalancing, such as game freezing because of amount of Orla's charges.
  3. After releasing such patch we will must be add new fixes for patch and for ReBorn in the same time. It's doube work and mistakes can be done easily.

• Thanks! 1
30 minutes ago, MetaL said:

ReBorn have multiple languages

Oh, if it supports multiple languages it's a great news, it may become the future "basegame".

30 minutes ago, MetaL said:

We already thinked about making some kind of patch with only bugfixes and HD (without rebalance)

It would be a "plus" but I know it's lot of work and very demanding, and the problems you mention are indeed problems..

But if ReBorn is multilanguage it's great. All my encouragements to you guys, you have not relinquished and you managed to do it. Congrats. :viking:

Edited by desm
  • Appreciation 1
45 minutes ago, Arrotino said:

Sorry I'm trying the widescreen thing, but I don't understand how can I activate it. Can someone help me? Thanks :)

Open Sacreds Settings.cfg with Notepad

add following line

WIDESCREEN : 1

Save

• Thanks! 1

Such amazing work you guys! I'm so impressed and I can't wait to try it out (likely this weekend). I have it all installed and ready to go!

I agree with Flix about preferring the centered inventory even if the border on the left is missing. But regardless, this is amazing.

Thank you for all of your hard work,

• Appreciation 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/29/2020 at 7:44 AM, Starling said:

I think I can add border, but need some time. 
So in next update I will move inventory to the center. 

A little late to the party but maybe I can save some trouble. The file you are looking for is GUI_MAIN_03

I turned the affected elements red.

Edited by Dax
  • Thanks! 1
On 3/6/2020 at 1:26 PM, DarkWolfNine said:

Such amazing work you guys! I'm so impressed and I can't wait to try it out (likely this weekend). I have it all installed and ready to go!

I agree with Flix about preferring the centered inventory even if the border on the left is missing. But regardless, this is amazing.

Thank you for all of your hard work,

I know eh ! Its hard to believe what these guys are still able to pull out of this game...  Sacred lives!!

:superman:

gogo