Last Epoch

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Stumbled onto your post thanks for sharing :)

The game actually looks pretty good, I would love to see a demo of some sorts. I am not a large fan of dropping money into a game for alpha/beta access. Also the lore piece on the website is quite limited. I'll keep an eye on it!

On 9/13/2018 at 5:41 AM, Augmint said:

Something that came up browsing on youtube. Last epoch, now in alpha stage. Has some interesting mechanics and classes ( 5 base classes then masteries)

https://lastepochgame.com/alpha-demo/

https://lastepochgame.com/classes/

Mixed comments

also, Last Epoch release date: April 2020 (estimate)

:(

I missed this

The graphics and execution of CA's looks fantastic!

:)

gogo

13 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Stumbled onto your post thanks for sharing :)

The game actually looks pretty good, I would love to see a demo of some sorts. I am not a large fan of dropping money into a game for alpha/beta access. Also the lore piece on the website is quite limited. I'll keep an eye on it!

good seeing you back here Timo... Merry New Year and best of the year to you and your hubbette!

:hugs:

gogo

Glad it perked your interest guys. There's alot more gameplay footage. The thorn totems look really fun.

The wiki has more info than the official page I linked to.

Beta testing for Last Epoch is anticipated to begin in April 2019. An open beta is planned for January 2020.

https://lastepoch.gamepedia.com/Last_Epoch_Wiki

https://lastepoch.gamepedia.com/Skills

And

Edited by Augmint
  • Like! 1
14 hours ago, Augmint said:

Glad it perked your interest guys. There's alot more gameplay footage. The thorn totems look really fun.

The wiki has more info than the official page I linked to.

Beta testing for Last Epoch is anticipated to begin in April 2019. An open beta is planned for January 2020.

https://lastepoch.gamepedia.com/Last_Epoch_Wiki

https://lastepoch.gamepedia.com/Skills

And

lol...did it say 16 classes!

:O

gogo

They are planning for 15, the Rogue class isn't available yet in the alpha. There's a new patch coming soon according to the Last Epoch subreddit, but no mention of when the Rogue will be available.

One thing I like is they have is an arena where you can test your build vs waves of monsters.

The game is shaping up nice, not sure how well it will do vs Wolcen and Lost Ark.

Edited by Augmint
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

woot, I didnt know last epoch had its own thread already :)

found out about about last epoch just recently in the talks about wolcen and thought I havent heard about yet.. maybe I just forgot? :)

anyway guess what -  I just spotted two guys on last epoch forum,

called Dobster and Llama8 hehe..

they seem to enjoying and playing it a lot, maybe we can get them over here and tell us what its like currently ? :)

also, a new patch is planned for end of march, updating last Epoch s graphics and stuff..

or, anyone else care to tell us their experience with this game? its in beta now and steadily aproaching final release this year so ive heard..

Edited by Rotluchs
  • Like! 1
2 hours ago, Rotluchs said:

woot, I didnt know last epoch had its own thread already :)

found out about about last epoch just recently in the talks about wolcen and thought I havent heard about yet.. maybe I just forgot? :)

anyway guess what -  I just spotted two guys on last epoch forum,

called Dobster and Llama8 hehe..

they seem to enjoying and playing it a lot, maybe we can get them over here and tell us what its like currently ? :)

also, a new patch is planned for end of march, updating last Epoch s graphics and stuff..

or, anyone else care to tell us their experience with this game? its in beta now and steadily aproaching final release this year so ive heard..

I love seeing some of the community players in other forums! I didnt get to play this game, but please do a shout out for me if you do meet up with them! Id love to see what they have to say about this game that seems to have really drawn them in.

gogo

• Like! 1
On 3/24/2020 at 7:18 PM, Timotheus said:

Excuse the double post, but that's just to bump the topic on the lists. I finished a four hour session starting from scratch (of course). Ran into Llama8 who was playing as well, he mentioned he was playing for a month or two. 

On the technical side of things: initially the game gave me a scare because it took an abnormal time to load. I killed it, but left it running on the second try. Eventually it started anyway. The game performs okay, on a Haswell quadcore and an AMD RX580 I run high settings and get anywhere between 60-80 FPS. Haven't tinkered much with the settings to see whether I can bump any without performance issues. 

The story: as far as I have gathered up to this point, you are chasing after shards of an ancient artifact known as the Epoch. The interesting thing is that the power of that artifact seems to fling you across time. Also, the power of the artifact seems to have created time rifts, where you get the option to travel to a different period. Keeping in mind, that also means different enemies (damage types!).

Gameplay: it plays pretty much like any other H&S. There's life and mana, but health potions have an interesting mechanic to it (the amount you can carry depends on your belt type) and there are no mana potions as far as I can tell. Regen speed is quite high though! The only thing taking me some time getting used to, is the fact that your LMB does not target your enemies for a default attack, nor can you assign an attack to it. You assign your attacks to right-click and Q, R, T and E. Any minions you can guide with A. 

Content: there are currently 4 classes available, from the 5 classes intended to make it into the complete game. Not all of the masteries are available yet either. Every class has 3 optional specializations in the form of masteries, and you are able to pick certain skills from your skilltree to specialize in as well. Aside from that, there's gambling, forging, side quests, etc. 

My take so far: I quite enjoy it! More than I've enjoyed the Van Helsing game, and more than Titan Quest which I got really hyped for during development and found rather slow actually playing it. 

Timo that's amazing that you love this game too!

Love that this  has gotten very good reviews from our members here... I'm starting to get tired from just working and getting sickly delighted from OverTime ... :crazy: 

me thinks a game is just about due soon!

How does the pricing on this work guys...it is buy once and unlimited access to servers or monthly?

:D

gogo

• 2 months later...

I was wondering, would there be any connection between the devs behind Unbended and Last Epoch? I happened to be browsing the Unbended wiki and Just realized they named their world Aetherra. One of the deities in Last Epoch is called Eterra. It's quite interesting both games ended up using such a similar sounding name. 

• 3 weeks later...

Has potential. I did actually buy it during early access, but I think I'll hold off seriously diving into it until its content complete and has an official release.

I like the idea of tiered class progression and would like to see other games explore that more in the future (eg, base class -> advanced class).

• 2 months later...

sorry for the necro but its a safe way for me to post :)

its a very fun game to play, getting better every patch and certainly a lot more polished than it was last year. 

I've got 300 hours in it now and still enjoying it, classes are all quite different and the abilities they have are unique. No multiplayer just yet but its on the cards at some point.

Build diversity is really good to, lots of options on how to play your character and the dev's are pretty good at communicating with the community too.

• Like! 1

Hi jonnyx :) did Llama8 spread the word over at Clan DA?
By the way, what happened to the site? Saw that it's completely down now, and seems to have been for a while. 

Haven't checked in with Last Epoch for a few months now I think. Right now I'm just giving Sacred 2 campaign a go :P 

3 hours ago, jonnyx said:

sorry for the necro but its a safe way for me to post :)

its a very fun game to play, getting better every patch and certainly a lot more polished than it was last year. 

I've got 300 hours in it now and still enjoying it, classes are all quite different and the abilities they have are unique. No multiplayer just yet but its on the cards at some point.

Build diversity is really good to, lots of options on how to play your character and the dev's are pretty good at communicating with the community too.

Jonny!

Good seeing you back and still a-gaming!

:dance:

gogo

On 7/10/2020 at 11:31 PM, Perdition said:

Has potential. I did actually buy it during early access, but I think I'll hold off seriously diving into it until its content complete and has an official release.

I like the idea of tiered class progression and would like to see other games explore that more in the future (eg, base class -> advanced class).

This means that each class has different sub levels? This is different from just levels... like at certain grouped levels you would get a kind of "bonus" ?

This is intereseting

gogo

You start with a base class and once you gain enough levels, then you pick one of three specializations. For example, rogue is a base class, and falconer, marksman and bladedancer are the specialization classes.

Personally, I would've liked a system with a dozen or so basic classes and you'd have to get ranks in few of those to qualify for 2nd and 3rd tier classes (maybe combine that with a faction and other things).

6 hours ago, gogoblender said:

This means that each class has different sub levels? This is different from just levels... like at certain grouped levels you would get a kind of "bonus" ?

This is intereseting

you start with a base class and then at around level 25ish you complete a main quest that lets you chose a mastery class. So take Acolyte as a base class, at the moment you can choose a mastery as Necromancer or Lich.

As you level and complete certain quests you get passive skill points to spend on your class trees. There is a base class tree which you need to spend 20 points in before you can then spend in the advanced class trees. Your mastery class decides which passive tree you fully unlock. For example Necro and Lich. If you chose Necro then you can only see half the passive tree in Lich and vice versa

Spending passive points unlocks skill abilities as well, so to get the Necro skill Assemble Abomination you have to have 40 points spent in the Necro passive tree.

each skill then has a skill tree of its own up and you can only get a max of 20 skill points to spend in each skill and you can only have a maximum of 5 skills were you can spend skill points (you can use other unlocked skills in their base state but its not a great idea in most cases)

Basically this means that there is a lot of choice and diversity in builds. Its impossible to unlock everything at once and the choice in how you build skills and spend passive points makes a massive difference to how your character plays out.

And then there is gear and crafting........