Last Epoch

8 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Hi jonnyx :) did Llama8 spread the word over at Clan DA?
By the way, what happened to the site? Saw that it's completely down now, and seems to have been for a while. 

Haven't checked in with Last Epoch for a few months now I think. Right now I'm just giving Sacred 2 campaign a go :P 

Dobster got Llama and I playing ages ago, he's backed it on kickstarter and persuaded us to play, there isnt a Clan DA to spread the word around, it died out a while back all except for the website.

I took the site down, the software on it was old, dangerously out of date and unsecured and I didn't have the technical ability to do anything about it.  I still have the domain name which my wife and I use. I'll be doing something with the site but the old clan site is gone. It had its time and now its just another part of Sacred's history.

1 hour ago, jonnyx said:

Dobster got Llama and I playing ages ago, he's backed it on kickstarter and persuaded us to play, there isnt a Clan DA to spread the word around, it died out a while back all except for the website.

I took the site down, the software on it was old, dangerously out of date and unsecured and I didn't have the technical ability to do anything about it.  I still have the domain name which my wife and I use. I'll be doing something with the site but the old clan site is gone. It had its time and now its just another part of Sacred's history.

Forums are HUGE work.  It's not like a flat site that you can u can just leave up,... the upgrades, hosting and constant searching for keeping the "tech" going has put so many communities away.  I still see that "community" in me mind's eye, and its always a pleasure to meet the gang from years past

:)

gogo

Yeah, it's a good game, strong Sacred vibe from it & the devs are awesome. They do "content" patches every 2 months where they add more stuff, then bug fix patches to fix the stuff they broke as & when needed.

And they have closed testers.

• 2 years later...

It's still not been released yet (still early access/beta),

But it finally got multiplayer implemented recently. and on steam you can currently apply for an open beta weekend which started today or yesterday, it's live for a few days & open for everyone to try out even if you don't own the game yet

(Good chance to try it out now for free and see what's it like )

Edited by Rotluchs
  • Like! 1
Just now, Rotluchs said:

It's still not been released yet (still beta),

But it finally got multiplayer implemented recently. and on steam you can currently apply for an open beta weekend which started today or yesterday, it's live for a few days & open for everyone to try out even if you don't own the game yet

(Good chance to try it out now for free and see what's it like )

halloooo Rotluchs!

Thanks for the FYI! :hugs:

you thinking of getting Diablo 4?

for of us gonna clan up in June!

:viking:

:)

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

I have the game on the Steam account in my sig @Rotluchs So feel free to add me. Haven't played in ages either, it might very well have been at least a year now.

I encountered llama8 in global chat when I was playing back then as well :)

On 3/10/2023 at 5:26 AM, Rotluchs said:

Last Epoch multiplayer update has now been released, its a huge patch log this time , because they also changed a lot of other stuff, like bug fixes , skill changes, and also performance improvement, especially the latter is great, imho..

Anyone of you playing and ready to team up? :) ..I wonder if llama8 is still into this game.. thats mostly thanks to him, how I found out about this game years ago..

Haven't played it in a long time however, have been waiting for final release once it's out of early Access, or at least mp, which is now real and no longer a myth.

Im a total noob btw, but will try out everything that has minions.. minioooons ;)

Oh and gogo, ill definitely try out d4 sooner or later eventually, just not at start in june.. also because my holiday will be july/august, and I want to wait for reviews and first patches..

Havent played Last Epoch (dang i missed the friends group up! :oooo:)

However... I'm a Minions follower myself for builds :crazy:  got addicted to it after guild wars, with close second being some kind of AI traveling guns, pets etc

:oooo:

gogo

+

• 11 months later...

sorry I missed it @Timotheus , been a while I know...

Somehow I got always caught up by something else,

and whenever I thought about launching Last Epoch, I thought:

" nah, I don't want to loose old chars / feel like it had been a waste of time if they get wiped / moved to legacy on release..

instead,

I'm gonna launch it when it launches.. :)  "

Which was like two days ago, on Feb 21 !

Finally, Last Epoch is now on version 1.0 ,  officially out of early access !!

Hype started to grow shortly before launch the last few days/weeks,

Not sure how many newcomers or how many old players are returning for final launch,

but in total  Last Epoch almost peaked 200k concurrent players online within the first 2 days after launch,

it's been a rough ride for the devs too I guess, this many players were hitting servers pretty hard, and now the devs are working hard too,

trying to find solutions / implementing hotfixes  in order to handle & stabilize servers..

It looks it's slowly becoming better, but still not there yet regarding some sort of "all-clear" signal.

it already got review bombed within "hours" ,  mostly because it's online server issues which is a shame (I expected / was afraid something like this was going to happen...

some people are just too impatient, tend to overreact and have zero tolerance/imagination,

and maybe they also missed the fact that Last Epoch has now a "fully offline" mode (and that one always worked since launch so far^^),

which is something other people are also often asking for - eg. D4 has none, so thats a big plus on the Last Epoch side...

but actually it's now weekend over here,

and  I just logged in tonight,  I was able to  create a char and start playing online without any major issues so far:

no disconnects, no crashes, smooth fps.. just chat seems to be disabled/non functional for global channel eg, but we found out that the /help channel is working and people can text into / read each others msgs in there...

PS: I rolled a Falconer for launch, not only because it's new,  but also because like pets & minions.. but you probably knew already ;)

PPS: help !! I'm a total noob, havent played Last Epoch for months, and I never played it much even before that, as said I decided to wait for release,

so right now I'm just randomly clicking the screen and hitting buttons,

sometimes I even noticed it makes my char hit stuff, and if I manage to repeat it,

bad monsters die.. if not, my char does :P  sounds pretty fair.

Edited by Rotluchs
  • Haha 1

PS:

Could someone try to add me to his friends list in Last Epoch, or let me know what your username is so I could add you instead?

I'm trying to find out what my "username" even is,

because I noticed the name that is displayed next to any of my chars HP bar, is neither my charname nor my steam name, so I guess it might be my LastEpoch username,

but I don't remember setting it up this way.. maybe it's from before Last Epoch went to steam years ago in "early" Early Access ?^^

anyway: Try adding username = Bobcat  in the friends panel ("H" button by default),

let's see if that works then..

• Like! 1
On 2/24/2024 at 2:30 PM, Rotluchs said:

PS:

Could someone try to add me to his friends list in Last Epoch, or let me know what your username is so I could add you instead?

I'm trying to find out what my "username" even is,

because I noticed the name that is displayed next to any of my chars HP bar, is neither my charname nor my steam name, so I guess it might be my LastEpoch username,

but I don't remember setting it up this way.. maybe it's from before Last Epoch went to steam years ago in "early" Early Access ?^^

anyway: Try adding username = Bobcat  in the friends panel ("H" button by default),

let's see if that works then..

HI Rot!

I havent tried this game , BUUUUUT... hoping this bump will get you on someone friend list 

Go Bobcat!

:ike:

gogo

Hi @Rotluchs I think this time I succeeded (I tried Rotluchs a bit ago but I never got confirmation it worked) because I got a system message saying Bobcat has been added to my friends list. :)