newBonus in blueprint.txt

Bezlonir

Hello! So I've been contemplating making an extra set of difficulties that one could go through after one's character reaches 100 or so. It's easy enough to make another set of parameters for what is in the balance.txt file. But the whole affair is pointless if each new difficulty doesn't offer greater and greater loot to go with the stronger mobs and whatnot. This leads me to blueprint.txt, and the newBonus items, which each have 5 difficulty values. I was figuring that extrapolating these values for additional difficulties might result in better gear for those difficulties. However, I tried as a test to modify "sb_addskill_any" to reflect the values one sees on consoles (effectively the idea was raising the allskills back to the pre Ice and Blood nerf). This resulted in all modifiers disappearing, all runeslots got emptied from my gear, and the game crashed. Not auspicious. Does anyone have any experience tinkering with the bonus values in blueprint.txt? I'm trying to figure out if this will work or if the game won't accept modifications to those values.

blueprint.txt is very fickle as to the encoding format.  Unless you used a proper text editor like Notepad++, you probably changed the encoding when you saved it.  If that's not the case it could be a syntax error, like a missing comma.

3 hours ago, Flix said:

blueprint.txt is very fickle as to the encoding format.  Unless you used a proper text editor like Notepad++, you probably changed the encoding when you saved it.  If that's not the case it could be a syntax error, like a missing comma.

Ah, I was editing it in Notepad. I'll try it in vscode when I get another character ready to test it out. Don't want to lose all my forge slots in my gear again heh.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still working on this. I got the data for the 1200 or so bonuses into an array, so I am working on processing the data. I'll have to see if I can figure out he file manager api in javascript. It wasn't working so great with the design pattern I employed. I don't want to subject people to copying and pasting, as volatile as that file seems to be.

I have applied what primitive algorithms such that I came up with. Hopefully within a few days I should be able to put everything back together and figure out if I made some sound results or not. I'm kind of excited! This could be fun.

• Like! 1
On 2018-10-05 at 11:21 PM, Bezlonir said:

I have applied what primitive algorithms such that I came up with. Hopefully within a few days I should be able to put everything back together and figure out if I made some sound results or not. I'm kind of excited! This could be fun.

How did this go bezlonir? If I had the even smallest of math inclination and talents  to create such things as “primitive algorithms” 

😊

gogo

I'm fairly optimistic as of this morning. I have to finish a minesweeper build for a course I'm taking and make sure I'm caught up on my React.js stuff, so my studying may put off my work for a bit. But I think I have a solid concept. But I've also been slacking off and reading Game of Thrones and playing Sacred 2 on PC!

• 3 months later...

I do hope to come back to this. I have been quite busy with my coding, as I'm trying to make a career change. I was able to process the blueprint script and get the data into a decent structure and calculate a couple simple progressions. But there are more cases that need to be handled. In the meantime, I put the project on github: https://github.com/webwizard99/s2DiffMod