Welcome Back DarkMatters - Sept/27th/2018 - What happened?!?

On 2018-09-28 at 9:15 AM, Dorimil said:

Good work guys! *thumbs up*

there would be a big hole in my life, when this site goes offline. even if my visits are not daily !

Thank you Dorimil ... awesome seeing u back here with us ... !

😊😄😊

gogo

On 2018-09-27 at 6:17 PM, Dragon Brother said:

Welcome back fellas. I can imagine there's been a stressful few days in the background for you guys so hope you can now sit down with a beer or two to relax!

Dragonbrother ... were so much enjoying these days and I finally get to see me ammamma this weekend and eat pad Thai 😄 Being out of the loop and not having this community to reach out and feel connected made us feel so helpless until Schot made that final decision to partner up with namecheap who talks like us and is always ready to work us while being friendly.

that last word friendly has always been the biggest thing for us.

Friendly first ... and progress ALWAYS comes easier.

:gogo:

gogo

11 minutes ago, Androdion said:

My browser still says it's insecure... Is it me?

im getting the same thing: it says this site is insecure on the address bar and when I login

anyways you guys ever thought of changing your host ? ive been using godaddy for 8 years now with no problems ! id recommend godaddy if you want reliable and safety and zero downtime !

• Thanks! 1
7 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Jules, if you have DarkMatters bookmarked, delete the bookmark and click this link: https://darkmatters.org/. Then, bookmark DarkMatters once again.

While that worked and the main forum page is indeed https, once I click on any open topic it becomes "insecure" again. So something might be a bit off.

Also, is anyone finding the graphics on the forum broken today? There are no background images, icons, etc.

• Thanks! 1

Ok, so there's a bit of craziness going on with Namecheap support.  Bear with me while I get us securely situated.  It seems Namecheap support is a little over-eager to push buttons and flip switches...  Twice, in different conversations, they turned on a feature that broke the sites.  During which I kinda freaked out on them for doing since the conversations in no way prompted them to do the things they did.  Ugh.  First time they turned on SSL to "joyfully" make our home more secure.  SSL is great but the site has to be prepped before turning stuff like that on.  So I insisted they turn it off, which they did, and then things were ok.  That was a few days ago.  Now SSL is back on and I have no idea why, lol(delirious laughter at this point).  Yesterday, after inquiring about some random errors in a support ticket, a rep flipped on hotlink protection.  During the wee hours while I was asleep.  So....  Yay!  I get to wake up on a Sunday to a fun new puzzle.  :twitch: 

*hours pass since I began typing this post*

Ok!  So learned about even more great things Namecheap support has done to make my life more fun.  To be continued! 

Oh and thanks guys for pointing out various issues you've noticed.  It helps a lot.  :)

16 minutes ago, Spock said:

Spock settles down behind his sofa to wait out the apocalypse and starts working on his book again.

Welcome back Spock! Feels like our forum friends are all making it back home

:dance:

gogo

9 hours ago, Thorium said:

I am glad Darkmatters is back. I was worried for a moment. ^^

Thanks Thorium, feels awesome having a place to post again... breakfast and morning coffee just isnt the same without my daily routine

Still looking forward to your team's game, please keep us posted!

:)

gogo

22 hours ago, S4cR3d2 said:

im getting the same thing: it says this site is insecure on the address bar and when I login

anyways you guys ever thought of changing your host ? ive been using godaddy for 8 years now with no problems ! id recommend godaddy if you want reliable and safety and zero downtime !

Awesome seeing you back Fellow Hab!

Godaddy was I think our first hoster when we left an earlier one more than ten years ago... back then Godaddy was just starting out...I dont remember why we left (Gawsh we've been having this forum for so long :lol: but we've been so satisfied with at least the performance of DarkMatters for the last 8 years, but we always have to stay active to make sure the community we have here is safe :superman:

Awesome hearing you had website for almost ten years as well! Are they game sites or something different? Congratulations on the success!

:bounce:

18 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Awesome seeing you back Fellow Hab!

Godaddy was I think our first hoster when we left an earlier one more than ten years ago... back then Godaddy was just starting out...I dont remember why we left (Gawsh we've been having this forum for so long :lol: but we've been so satisfied with at least the performance of DarkMatters for the last 8 years, but we always have to stay active to make sure the community we have here is safe :superman:

Awesome hearing you had website for almost ten years as well! Are they game sites or something different? Congratulations on the success!

:bounce:

Thanks !

oh its just one site and its: http://Unity3d.ca

I own it and operate it with permission from Unity btw

it has links to my video games & mods that I have made and if you go 2 the Birthday page you can listen /and or download my techno songs I made !

Edited by S4cR3d2

Graphics are all back Schot, though after lunch today both sites were offline. All is working well though, as far as I can see.

One thing I noticed is that on my phone the site seems more responsive, even with all the adds. And my phone sucks so I can notice it being somewhat lighter on it. :D

• Thanks! 1

Thank you very much guys!  :drinks:  I feel like we're back in steady waters but I'm afraid to look overboard for fear there may be a sea creature lurking below. 

For the record though.  We want to be insecure and not secure.  As strange as that sounds, insecure is a good thing.  For now.  Our software isn't set up for the secure SSL feature to be on which was a big part of our troubles recently.  We will eventually, begrudgingly, only because Google is forcing the world to do so.  That said, always be aware that Phishing and Malware sites are also capable of  having SSL and appearing as though they are "secure". 

• Thanks! 1
4 hours ago, Veracious said:

Yay we're back! If I hadn't found the Facebook page I'd have thought you guys just up and shut down without warning :-(  glad that's not the case

Hola! Saw your post on FB... I was hoping you’d show up . Happy  you found us again Veracious!

:sun:

gogo

• Thanks! 1
5 hours ago, Veracious said:

Yay we're back! If I hadn't found the Facebook page I'd have thought you guys just up and shut down without warning :-(  glad that's not the case

Hmm, didn't know "we" were on Facebook. I just searched and found two "DarkMaters" and a "Dark Matter". None looked like this site. Would you post a link, please?

• Like! 1
5 minutes ago, Spock said:

Hmm, didn't know "we" were on Facebook. I just searched and found two "DarkMaters" and a "Dark Matter". None looked like this site. Would you post a link, please?

Actually, I just found it.  It's not DarkMatters, it's SacredWiki :sweating:

Here's the linkeroo: https://www.facebook.com/sacredwiki/

Edited by Excelsior