Welcome Back DarkMatters - Sept/27th/2018 - What happened?!?

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Hmm, didn't know "we" were on Facebook. I just searched and found two "DarkMaters" and a "Dark Matter". None looked like this site. Would you post a link, please?

1 hour ago, Excelsior said:

I was completely unaware that there was a DarkMatters Facebook :spider:

1 hour ago, Excelsior said:

Actually, I just found it.  It's not DarkMatters, it's SacredWiki :sweating:

Here's the linkeroo: https://www.facebook.com/sacredwiki/

Ta Dah!

https://www.facebook.com/FDarkMatters/

:)

gogo

3 hours ago, Excelsior said:

Actually, I just found it.  It's not DarkMatters, it's SacredWiki :sweating:

Here's the linkeroo: https://www.facebook.com/sacredwiki/

Thanks. I have now "Liked" the page. Hopefully that will allow me to at least find it again ...

Of course, as little as I know about computers, I may be wrong. ;)

• Like! 1
13 hours ago, Androdion said:

I can definitely browse with more stability on my phone, and my browser doesn't seem to crash on the forum anymore. I can even make long posts, uhu!

Nice!  I'm noticing that the forums are running really smoothly too.  And it's not just my Internet connection—other sites are just as fast or slow as they used to be.  I've definitely noticed an improvement in DarkMatters alone.

Good job, admins and new hosting providers! :resp::woot:

22 hours ago, Androdion said:

I can definitely browse with more stability on my phone, and my browser doesn't seem to crash on the forum anymore. I can even make long posts, uhu!

I've noticed this as well... just some issues with hotlinking to pix which I like to do in word thread... maybe this week we can look at this, look weekend coming up

:cow:

gogo

9 hours ago, Excelsior said:

Nice!  I'm noticing that the forums are running really smoothly too.  And it's not just my Internet connection—other sites are just as fast or slow as they used to be.  I've definitely noticed an improvement in DarkMatters alone.

Good job, admins and new hosting providers! :resp::woot:

We also just lately updated our net connection from a humble 15 MB for that least few years to ... woooooooo 60! The world seems so much closer :D  

Schot's done back breaking word with tickets, trouble shooting, links and having to put up with a long list of IT  folks... we're slowly getting there... yes, the forum is faster, at least with first press of a link

:dance:

gogo

• Like! 1
On 10/1/2018 at 1:31 AM, Spock said:

Thanks. I have now "Liked" the page. Hopefully that will allow me to at least find it again ...

Of course, as little as I know about computers, I may be wrong. ;)

Yeehaw, just saw your post...u are now double doubling your dose of DarkMatters!

:4rofl:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

we're looking for feedback.  We've been a few weeks now on these new servers.  For me response time is quicker, more improved.  Links are working, and we're able to hotlink to pix and youtube in posted videos, useful for the ever popular word game.

We have been paying for hosting at both MDD Hosting and Name Cheap this past month so that we can get a good baseline comparison this last month before Schot begins updating the forum software and the ever problematic Wiki software to the latest :superman:

is anyone having any problems or issues they want to report?

If not, it's a all systems-go, and we'll cast away forever (forevah!! :viking: )  the yoke of MDD Hosting and set sail with the new team from NameCheap

:hugs:

gogo

It does seem to be a bit faster. I have had only green lights and positive times on here.

Thank you again gogo and Schot.

Edited by Delta!
On 10/13/2018 at 8:37 AM, gogoblender said:

AWesome guys, thanks for the feedback, and we're of course happy that's positive.... looks like Schot's choice of Name Cheap is going to be our new home

:dance:

gogo

Great!  I'm glad you've found an option that works better for you and Schot AND the community as well.

• Thanks! 1
12 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

Bit late from me perhaps, but I've had no concerns since the big crash recently so the new hosts seem pretty good :)

Awesome! Thanks DB... so far so good...all good^^

:D

gogo

• 1 month later...

Welcome back again. I just tried to login a little while ago and couldn't and then saw that you posted on Facebook you would be back in an hour ... one hour ago. I tried again, and here I am.

Hope it wasn't anything serious.

2 minutes ago, Spock said:

Welcome back again. I just tried to login a little while ago and couldn't and then saw that you posted on Facebook you would be back in an hour ... one hour ago. I tried again, and here I am.

Hope it wasn't anything serious.

Thanks Spock for the post! Schot just wanted to do some updates and we had to tune up some of the functions.

New skin is looking good and forum is feeling strong!

Schot's still tinkering..if you end up in the phantom zone after a click... it should only be a temporary jaunt (good word that jaunt... anyone catch the reference ? ;)) 

:superman:

gogo

18 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Schot's still tinkering..if you end up in the phantom zone after a click... it should only be a temporary jaunt (good word that jaunt... anyone catch the reference ? ;)) 

You know, somehow I feel like Schot is pretty much always tinkering... :)

And no idea on the reference.

• Like! 1
On 11/16/2018 at 4:16 PM, Dragon Brother said:

You know, somehow I feel like Schot is pretty much always tinkering... :)

And no idea on the reference.

Tinkerer...hence forth..his newforum name!

*bam&*(*Y!!Kapow...*

or perhaps not.. Schot it shall remain! :wacko:

ahhh, Jaunt..it's from a very very VERY old sci fi novel I read a while ago..just when I was picking up reading... :The Stars My Destination: by Alfred Bester.  In this novel with the right implants, and ultimately with the right "mind set" you could jaunt.  Some could a few feet... and some... who knows :wizard: 

Stephen king appropriated the word in one of his short story novels called lol appropriately... "The Jaunt"... 

one of Stephen Kings few sci fi attempts... and concerned itself with a family of four on vacation about to board a spaceship.  Their one son does not want to put on the gas mask that renders them unconscious and "protected" from a "being" or "state" that can transform anyone not sleeping.

Needless to say... someone doesn't put on the mask

:cha(18)::

gogo