Upgrade textures in Sacred Gold

Hi guys,

I've recently found myself back into Sacred 1, I love the simplicity and the storyline, however having been quite a while since I've played it, the world graphics are just not up to scratch. I'm currently playing it on a 40" TV screen.

I've been reading the forums for a while and looking for mods. What I've done so far is just basic character mods (items and armor), thanks btw, your Seraphim download packs did the trick.

But I want to do so much more.

I'm looking to replace extract and replace the environment textures, namely grass, dirt and cobble stone textures, large boulders, maybe buildings as well as a bunch of innocuous things we see in all the towns. I think the world needs a facelift. And it seems like no-ones ever given it much thought.

My Problems thus far:

I've managed to open and view the contents of textures.PAK and a few other files with Game Extractor. But am unable to view or open the .TGA files within.

So does anyone have a working Sacred Extractor, I've been told Mouse Industries had made one but now seem to be out of business.

Programs I've tried are: Game extractor and Sacred Model Extractor and TGA Viewer, to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Hello!

Only the NPC's and characters use models w/ texture files.  The rest of the game is a static 2D rendered environment, like Diablo 1+2 or Baldur's Gate.  I don't think you CAN improve those things.  What really needs to be done is to allow the game to be played at higher resolution, and people have toiled away trying to make that happen to no avail.

Oh I see, thanks for your reply. I wonder if you have or know of a tool that will open, extract and allow me to view textures and files within the .PAK files.

There are a bunch of .PAK files. Textures.PAK, items.PAK, weapons.PAK, static.PAK, floor.PAK. I'd like to rifle around in there and see what I can find.

8 hours ago, Wano said:

Oh I see, thanks for your reply. I wonder if you have or know of a tool that will open, extract and allow me to view textures and files within the .PAK files.

There are a bunch of .PAK files. Textures.PAK, items.PAK, weapons.PAK, static.PAK, floor.PAK. I'd like to rifle around in there and see what I can find.

I know there is one, because I've worked with the unpacked textures for characters many times.  I can't seem to find it on my hard drive.  There may still be a link to it on these forums.  Let's keep searching.

• 1 year later...