Jump to content

Flix

Flix's Guitar Videos

Recommended Posts

I've been watching old Twilight Zone episodes lately.  I heard this haunting song last night in an episode called "Come Wander With Me" and could not get it out of my head.  Much like the guy in the episode, I felt compelled to record it.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

@ gogoblender
Mmh? A post has disappeared somehow.

Yes. Mazzy Star has coorperated with several bands. It´s not everybodys taste, though. Too melancholic, if you ask me.

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/25/2019 at 5:13 AM, Dax said:

Is Cat Power something for you, Flix?
Metal Heart:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpXaWUaBe7E

Mazzy Star´s "Into Dust" might catch your interest too.

Mazzy Star... I know that name from Massive Attack!

:dance:

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Dax said:

@ gogoblender
Mmh? A post has disappeared somehow.

Yes. Mazzy Star has coorperated with several bands. It´s not everybodys taste, though. Too melancholic, if you ask me.

lo, sorry... I was posting so much this morning and double posted, removed one of my posts but must have caught too... thanks for posting about it, I've just put it back up but it's after this one

 

She is melancholic .I call them "floater" style  :lol: ... trip hop?

:faerie:

 

gogo

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post

I had to google Trip Hop first. Sorry. A long and strange musical journey lies behind me.
Harcore->Death Metal->Black Metal. Went on to Prodigy & Rammstein only to abandon them,
landed musically somewhere in the baroque-age. Nowadays I´m listening to calm piano- and
violin-concerts instead of brutal guitar riffs. Sometimes, I ask myself what comes next. (:

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post

The quintessential trip hop for me is Portishead.

 

I used to play a version of this song live with the singer Caroline Crawford.  Don't have any videos from that time but I have still have the picture from our first rehearsal playing that song:

KL3tIAV.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Flix said:

The quintessential trip hop for me is Portishead.

 

I used to play a version of this song live with the singer Caroline Crawford.  Don't have any videos from that time but I have still have the picture from our first rehearsal playing that song:

KL3tIAV.jpg

Flix, thats awesome, I love Portishead...that whole era still gives me chills when I listen to it... so cool that you used to do gigs with it! And that particular song you guys used to play is absolutely iconic

:music:

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/28/2019 at 6:48 PM, Androdion said:

Both Dummy and the S/T are stone cold classics, but I really wouldn't ignore the first few Massive Attack albums. Sure there's less jazz/orchestral arrangements and more of a street hustle hip hop meets dub persona on early MA, but anything between Blue Lines and Mezzanine is pure gold. I also adore 100th Window but that goes a bit more into downtempo eletronica territory.

Just noticed this comment.  My favorite Massive Attack track by a mile is the 'Flash Treatment' remix of Psyche (or rather this was the original; what wound up on the full Heligoland album was a remix).

 

 

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ah, Heligoland was a big letdown for me when I heard it. I tried to like it but it just didn't click. I haven't heard the album in years though, maybe I'll give it another shot one of these days.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/23/2020 at 11:51 AM, Androdion said:

Ah, Heligoland was a big letdown for me when I heard it. I tried to like it but it just didn't click. I haven't heard the album in years though, maybe I'll give it another shot one of these days.

I don't much care for that album either, just that song, and that particular version isn't even on the album proper.

Mezzanine was their masterpiece.  Was listening to Angel earlier, probably my second favorite track of theirs.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×