On 10/9/2018 at 2:05 PM, idbeholdME said:

Hi again everybody.

Couldn't find anything about this on the wiki or anywhere else, so I thought I'd post it here.

While running around the desert, I started to wonder where does the bugged quest step in Ephraphim's Nightmare quest chain in the vanilla game lead.

The quest completes normally, but the quest step "Heavy Burden" is not ticked as completed in the quest log and the quest locator points into the sea.

quest_log_before_kill.png.c8a9736054cac2443e54a2f01fe08463.png

My curiosity got the best of me and I used the dismount trick to get out of bounds and jump my way to the quest circle. I expected nothing to be there, just a not properly closed quest. But lo and behold: there was creature.

map_toad.thumb.png.807923f6edcf54a1063336ab64d0c3d6.png

A toad. But no just any toad, the HYPNOTOAD.

toad.thumb.png.156e12e89a1164bd08e2be0f8cece292.png

stats.png.210e21252990a038599629bf5704ac19.png

If you kill the toad. The "Heavy Burden" quest step even gets completed. No reward or anything but still nice. Too bad I can't do it as I would technically gain a small additional bit of map discovered, which would be cheating.

quest_log_after.png.5f5b53cab58e92de4e56f4c4f933c4b9.png

This is obviously a Futurama easter egg, but it is unreachable by normal means. I wonder how this bugged quest/easter egg came to be. Was it intentional? Did they not have time to finish it? Did someone start it but forgot to come back to it? We will never know. But there really is a mystical creature inside the northern sea. The one whose plan is to dominate us all D:

GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

idbeholdME, I would never EVER have thought that an egg of this magnitude could possibly exist so many years after the release.  What a thrilling discovery!  I'll  add your name to the wiki membership so that you can create a page on SacredWiki for this new Easter egg to claim credit if you want

Bravo!

:)

gogo

Actually, there are several characters that are hidden within the game, not intended to be "discovered," like the hypnotoad. Instead they appear in the game when they are intended to be seen. An example is Dyria D'Arquelyght who interacts with the Player Character regarding the fearsome Facetteleon. It seems apparent that the quest that ushers the hypnotoad was never completed.

The existence of the hypnotoad has been reported before and a quick search can reveal some of the posts, such as this one in FUNNY/INTERESTING SACRED 2 SCREENSHOTS

On 10/12/2018 at 1:27 PM, Hooyaah said:

Actually, there are several characters that are hidden within the game, not intended to be "discovered," like the hypnotoad. Instead they appear in the game when they are intended to be seen. An example is Dyria D'Arquelyght who interacts with the Player Character regarding the fearsome Facetteleon. It seems apparent that the quest that ushers the hypnotoad was never completed.

The existence of the hypnotoad has been reported before and a quick search can reveal some of the posts, such as this one in FUNNY/INTERESTING SACRED 2 SCREENSHOTS

I was pretty sure that this was not a brand new find. But rather than the toad itself, I'm more intrigued as to why it is linked to the quest (correctly it seems as the quest gets marked as finished when you kill it).

Was it supposed to appear sometime during this quest? They most likely just forgot to link it and update the quest logic, which results in the "bugged" quest entry.

Your assessment is most plausible. I am of the belief that the developers wanted to get the game released for many reasons, most especially financial in nature. So, we were left with it then, as it were, in its "vanilla" state. Fortunately, due to the tireless efforts of  an elite few, we have had many patches and the end result is now much improved. I know not if Flix and Dimitrius would be able to affect the hypnotoad to appear in the game in what may have been the correct location and at the proper cue. That would really be a nice treat indeed, would it not?

Well, they did complete the quest in the CM Patch, but they added onto it with the Shelob boss.  I don't know if there was a discussion about the quest scripts, as it would have been MarcusWOB that did the quest scripting back then.