Selling my Game Collection, some realy rare stuff

I have started the process of selling my game collection. If you don't know, I was a game collector for years.

My collection is around 800 games from various systems. I specialized in early RPG's from the time frame 1978 to 1982. Pretty much any RPG from that time is very rare. I started to put some games up on eBay and this will continue in the next weeks and probably month. As it takes time to sell of a collection piece by piece.

Even if you are not interested in buying, maybe you are interested in just looking what is traded. Some of the games are seriously rare, not the kind of rare that is just expensive, but you can get it easily. I am talking about the kind of rare that is sold on the open market only once in a few years. So it is very hard to predict for what it will go.

So far the auctions run better then expected and some of the money, I can put into my own game project LifeLeech.

Akalabeth
Dungeon Campaign 1st Release
Maniac Mansion 1st Edition C64 US Sealed
Wasteland Apple 2 Sealed
The Great Giana Sisters Amiga
Pipe Dream Lucasgames
Oldorf's Revenge
The Great Giana Sisters Atari ST german release
Ultima II 1st Edition
Wilderness Campaign solo disk release
Impossible Mission C64 Epyx Sealed
Impossible Mission II C64 Epyx Sealed

Edited by Thorium
19 hours ago, Thorium said:

I have started the process of selling my game collection. If you don't know, I was a game collector for years.

My collection is around 800 games from various systems. I specialized in early RPG's from the time frame 1978 to 1982. Pretty much any RPG from that time is very rare. I started to put some games up on eBay and this will continue in the next weeks and probably month. As it takes time to sell of a collection piece by piece.

Even if you are not interested in buying, maybe you are interested in just looking what is traded. Some of the games are seriously rare, not the kind of rare that is just expensive, but you can get it easily. I am talking about the kind of rare that is sold on the open market only once in a few years. So it is very hard to predict for what it will go.

So far the auctions run better then expected and some of the money, I can put into my own game project LifeLeech.

Akalabeth
Dungeon Campaign 1st Release
Maniac Mansion 1st Edition C64 US Sealed
Wasteland Apple 2 Sealed
The Great Giana Sisters Amiga

I caught this post and was reading it at work, Thorium... you're right, just reading about the game is so exciting! Vintage games from so way back...just looking at the covers and the art is a thrill.  Good luck with the sale!

:)

gogo

Listed two more games:

Pipe Dream Lucasgames
Oldorf's Revenge

4 games sold so far and all exceeded my expectations. I knew they are valuable but I didn't thought they would go for _that_ much.

Much more to sell but I want to get the games out slowly, I think this will be a better strategy than putting them all out at once.

Edited by Thorium
19 hours ago, Thorium said:

"the great giana sisters ..." ... that always struck out at me as a distinct name... was the game good? And by Atari?

gogo

And the next batch of auctions is up:

Forbidden Forest C64 Sealed
Summer Games II C64 Epyx Sealed
Turrican C64 Rainbow Arts Sealed
The Great Giana Sisters Atari ST
Goblins Highlands Computer
A2-FS1 Flight Simulator
David's Midnight Magic
Odyssey The Compleat Apventure
Beneath Apple Manor
Scott Adams Adventure Series Limited Gold Edition Sealed

On 10/19/2018 at 12:09 PM, gogoblender said:

"the great giana sisters ..." ... that always struck out at me as a distinct name... was the game good? And by Atari?

The game is a jump&run very similar to Super Mario Bros. It was so similar that Nintendo made pressure and the game was retracted from the market. This is why the game is rare. It was released for C64 and later for Amiga and Atari ST. The C64 version is more common than the other.

It was developed by a german company named Time Warp, which later became Factor 5. In my opinion the game is very good. One of, if not _the_, best jump&run on the C64. It's even bedder than Super Mario Bros. It takes all the basic elements but adds more to it, like more power ups. Some people prefer Mario, I prefer Giana Sisters.

Edited by Thorium
  • Like! 1
18 hours ago, Thorium said:

And the next batch of auctions is up:

Forbidden Forest C64 Sealed
Summer Games II C64 Epyx Sealed
Turrican C64 Rainbow Arts Sealed
The Great Giana Sisters Atari ST
Goblins Highlands Computer
A2-FS1 Flight Simulator
David's Midnight Magic
Odyssey The Compleat Apventure
Beneath Apple Manor
Scott Adams Adventure Series Limited Gold Edition Sealed

The game is a jump&run very similar to Super Mario Bros. It was so similar that Nintendo made pressure and the game was retracted from the market. This is why the game is rare. It was released for C64 and later for Amiga and Atari ST. The C64 version is more common than the other.

It was developed by a german company named Time Warp, which later became Factor 5. In my opinion the game is very good. One of, if not _the_, best jump&run on the C64. It's even bedder than Super Mario Bros. It takes all the basic elements but adds more to it, like more power ups. Some people prefer Mario, I prefer Giana Sisters.

Thanks for the write up, Thorium... now because you wrote I actually looked it up this morning... there is a remake on platform? It looks AMAZING, gorgeous environments... cool that you have the original game this is from! :bounce:

... and hearing about gaming on the Amiga... ahhh, nostalgia... :D

gogo

13 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Thanks for the write up, Thorium... now because you wrote I actually looked it up this morning... there is a remake on platform? It looks AMAZING, gorgeous environments... cool that you have the original game this is from! :bounce:

... and hearing about gaming on the Amiga... ahhh, nostalgia... :D

gogo

Yes, the remake is a great game. It was on kickstarter and I was a baker on it. ^^

I had the original for every platform and 2 variations for Atari ST, so 4 versions out of 8 existing. ^^

Edited by Thorium