Twins - the little differences

Our oldest daughter married recently and my wife was browsing her diary for nice stories for a photo book:

Our twins were 3 months old and our then 12 year old daughter drove them around. A woman looked in the buggy and said: 'Nice twins. How do you know who is who?' Our daughter said: 'That's hard. Normally my brother starts crying and then my sister joins in.'

My wife is a twin too, identical twins. The first weeks I had real problems to keep them apart. I used to throw a small ball or similar towards them and my nowadays wife would use her right hand to catch it, while her sister was left handed. Worked nice, till her sister trained using her right hand too. 

2 hours ago, chattius said:

Our oldest daughter married recently and my wife was browsing her diary for nice stories for a photo book:

Our twins were 3 months old and our then 12 year old daughter drove them around. A woman looked in the buggy and said: 'Nice twins. How do you know who is who?' Our daughter said: 'That's hard. Normally my brother starts crying and then my sister joins in.'

My wife is a twin too, identical twins. The first weeks I had real problems to keep them apart. I used to throw a small ball or similar towards them and my nowadays wife would use her right hand to catch it, while her sister was left handed. Worked nice, till her sister trained using her right hand too. 

Always had huge fights with my brother when I was a kid... and seemed to remember that If we were twins it would have been better :lol:   I'm so happy that you're twins have thrived and had indeed prospered! Will always remember your stories here about them during the years... remember the bik?

:D

gogo

• 8 months later...

Was hardest fight of my life: bureaucrazy

The twins were exspected around x-mas. So we invited all friends and family for my birthday and planned some silent days till christmas. But as normal, Murphy striked. 9pm on my birthday the twins decided to disturb the party (and all my birthday parties to come). My son was just before midnight, but his sister had to be turned and came shortly after midnight.

When asked for the official birthdate I asked if it could be changed and had it written and stamped that it was possible. So we opted for same date and wanted that our daughter could decide on her own when older. Last summer she said she wanted it changed because when they would have own families they wouldn't do the birthday party together probably anyway. And having different days would be easier. Also that even they were twins they would be two individuals, ... Same thoughts we had too already in all the years.

So we asked for a date change and they said no.

We have it written... Was an mistake, changing is only for first 3 weeks.

I said it reads that our daughter can decide on her own and that she obviously couldn't with just 3 weeks old...

Finally they allowed the change. After a interrogation of our daughter and partly because she is still too young for social number, car license, insurances and she is in none of these data sets. So only 5 documents and data sets to be changed for a little(?) fee.

So next weekend is my first birthday shared with half the twins ;)

• Like! 1