Is there any way to play Sacred 2 online/lan ?

Hi, im trying to connect through hammachi but it doesnt work for us. Tunngle is dead, evolve always overloaded, steam version is only single player I guess. Are there any other ways to play online/lan ?

Seems to me I used to be able to play on a LAN with someone on the same network. It's been so long since I've played, though, you might be better off waiting for someone with more recent information.

I'm posting mainly because I'm also interested and want to be notified when someone replies. ;)

• Like! 1
15 hours ago, Pavlo said:

Hi, im trying to connect through hammachi but it doesnt work for us. Tunngle is dead, evolve always overloaded, steam version is only single player I guess. Are there any other ways to play online/lan ?

Hi Pavlo and welcome to DarkMatters!

"evolve always overloaded" ... what is this... a kind of way for players to play online together with games? I've never heard of it

:blink:

gogo

Thanks gogo but im an old user :D

Evolve is shutting down slowly so there are only few people using it and thats enough to make it "overloaded". But few days ago I spoke with guys on twitch who were playing and using it to connect with each other.

They were playing Sacred2 ofc.

Edited by Pavlo
important info missing

Yup I tried hamachi and after that I found out sacred doesnt work on hamachi anymore. BUT we managed to play through Evolve! First of all u have to follow this guide: https://www.evolvehq.com/games/sacred-2/topics/guide-using-evolve-for-sacred-2-lan

except dedicated server thing, not needed. If you have free evolve u have to wait 10-15 minutes before u connect to party system.

• 1 month later...

I want to start a new multiplayer self-found campaign, ideally with D2 fallen mod. I haven't tested multiplayer with the mod yet though. Any experiences with that or interested to join me?

- new characters
- only self-found and bought gear
- scheduled play time
- start in Jan 2019

I'm based in Germany I.e. UTC +1. I've played multiplayer via Hamachi in March this year but not since then. In the thread here Evolve was mentioned but I havn't tried that one yet.

6 hours ago, ameaeth said:

I want to start a new multiplayer self-found campaign, ideally with D2 fallen mod. I haven't tested multiplayer with the mod yet though. Any experiences with that or interested to join me?

- new characters
- only self-found and bought gear
- scheduled play time
- start in Jan 2019

I'm based in Germany I.e. UTC +1. I've played multiplayer via Hamachi in March this year but not since then. In the thread here Evolve was mentioned but I havn't tried that one yet.

Hi Ameeath

Hope you find a solution... we've had members asking now on the boards if its possible anymore ... a few softwares have been named and tried, but I'm not sure what is relevant currently or solid solution.  I even asked Thorium who was a coder about getting access to the the lobby code for Sacred original since so many years has passed if it could be used by community now but apparently its still legally under their control

:cry:

gogo

This is probably useless to you for online play unfortunately, but at one point I was able to do it with 2 pc s on my home LAN without hamachi or anything else but it was in same house on same LAN. There used to be some kind of ad hoc option in the game or something, I doubt it'd work over internet at all. It eventually stopped working but it might be due to some files or mods being changed in one system and not the other.

Edited by Zallk
On 12/22/2018 at 1:38 PM, ameaeth said:

So if anyone is interested in tinkering with coop playing Sacred 2 with D2Fallen mod just give the word. :drinks:

Ameaeth... im so happy hearing that you're looking for someone to play online with...I was even wondering if it's all possible these days... please do post back if you found success... 

and a Happy Christmas to you and your family as well!

:)

gogo

Hey gogo, a happy new year to you as well! :smile:

So far no one showed interest in starting a coop campaign. Maybe the prerequisite to figure out a way to actually play coop nowadays is too big a hurdle.

Cheers

I would be interested in a co-op campaign when I get fast cable internet here (perhaps in a few months) and if a viable means to do so was discovered/devised.

I would also love to play....if only the other player would be patient with me... I have played online once before, and it was not a good experience... 

it was a dota 2 game, and the other players where all supposed to be Noobs( like me )... yet they all seemed to know what they where doing, and I got shouted and yelled at A LOT for not being at the right time at the right place... and I accidentally unpaused the  game when a team mate paused... I really did think that I accidentally paused the game because the controls felt very different... and I clicked resume, thinking that I paused... and got a few hateful comments from "team mates" because one of the "star players" was kicked... I apologized, but felt to bad to try and play again...

so who ever does play with me online ever again... just bear with me... and explain a few things... I am a virgin at online gaming....

Although, I am proficient with Sacred 2, I would be a first time player online. I live so deep in the sticks that I have only have satellite internet at my disposal. However, after so many years, fiber cable is being run out here in my neck of the woods and I should be able to get unlimited data at 400 Mbps (or 1Gbps for just $20.00 U.S. more per month). It is likely that there would be a learning curve for many participants and patience is what is commonly needed to establish and maintain a friendship anyway, either one online or one in person.

It has been a long time since I've played Sacred 2. I would have to make sure I had all the same Mods loaded as the rest of the players, but would be interested in joining in if it is determined there is stila way to play co-op.

I would seem that there are a number of members who would like to participate in LAN co-op play were it available. It is also quite probable that many others would be interested as well and express their desire to play too if the details were prominently displayed in the proper forum here. There could be a significant boost in new and renewed interest in Sacred 2 Fallen Angel.

On 1/1/2019 at 12:17 PM, ameaeth said:

Hey gogo, a happy new year to you as well! :smile:

So far no one showed interest in starting a coop campaign. Maybe the prerequisite to figure out a way to actually play coop nowadays is too big a hurdle.

Cheers

It could be Amaeath... there are people who want to play, even I' wouldnt mind a limited game with some advance rules to keep it cute and restricted..its just that the tech to make it work seems to be ellusive.  I'd even inquired about the original software... surely, if we could find him, the lobby software could be negotiated for? We could actually run a full server here or try to or see if someone else can... all kinds of possibilities... 

:)

gogo

• Like! 1