Sacred 2 Textures

Neemis

Hello,

In the past I couldn't find something helpful for my dilemma. When reaching the desert zone in Sacred 2, during daytime, the sand color is so bright that it's annoying. Is there a mod to make it less bright? Playing with the game video settings doesn't help. 

On 11/2/2018 at 11:35 AM, Neemis said:

Hello,

In the past I couldn't find something helpful for my dilemma. When reaching the desert zone in Sacred 2, during daytime, the sand color is so bright that it's annoying. Is there a mod to make it less bright? Playing with the game video settings doesn't help. 

Hi Neemis!

Did you go through the mods for Sacred 2? I remember there being a mod that took some of the garrish (lol at least I thought so ) color palette out and replaced it with something more reasonable

:D

gogo

I did search the forum for some mods, but I didn't come across one that helps. I searched on the web for solutions but there's not much one can do besides playing with the monitor settings (I use a laptop). Guess I'll get some sun glasses when I reach that region. :D 

Wardust's Serious Textures mod.

" Wardust's Serious Textures is a major overhaul to the textures of Sacred 2's environment (landscapes, buildings, etc.), characters (player's armor and base skin, NPC's and monsters, etc.), the interface, spell effects, and more.  This mod tones down the game's over-saturation and changes the overall emphasis of the color palette from bright primary colors to more realistic and serious tones.  This mod also takes advantage of some of the game's surface shaders to add details like fur for animals, and metal shading for many armors "

https://www.nexusmods.com/sacred2/mods/12

Edited by Gilberticus
18 hours ago, Gilberticus said:

Wardust's Serious Textures mod.

" Wardust's Serious Textures is a major overhaul to the textures of Sacred 2's environment (landscapes, buildings, etc.), characters (player's armor and base skin, NPC's and monsters, etc.), the interface, spell effects, and more.  This mod tones down the game's over-saturation and changes the overall emphasis of the color palette from bright primary colors to more realistic and serious tones.  This mod also takes advantage of some of the game's surface shaders to add details like fur for animals, and metal shading for many armors "

https://www.nexusmods.com/sacred2/mods/12

I will check into this mod when I get home. Can't access the link since my job intranet restricts access to some sites. 

Thank you all.

13 hours ago, Flix said:

I'll see what I can cook up this weekend.

Wardusts's and Diablo 2 Fallen desaturate the ground textures, but don't actually make it much darker.

Oh, really? Then I stand corrected, thank you :) I never really tried the mod myself, the blurb about realistic and serious tones sounded to me like what Neemis was looking for. I'll have to look for something else. 

Hey.

I checked the Diablo 2 Fallen mod on youtube but I don't like it.

I checked Wardust mod, but I don't like that some skills are changed there. I want the original CAs not changed ones. 

Edited by Neemis
9 hours ago, Neemis said:

Hey.

I checked the Diablo 2 Fallen mod on youtube but I don't like it.

I checked Wardust mod, but I don't like that some skills are changed there. I want the original CAs not changed ones. 

Try this mod:  

And let me know how the desert looks.  The color is desaturated.