So much more fun the second time around.

Now, don't get me wrong, set items are the shiz, especially the ones that the modding team made. Not only did they painstakingly make them, but they also created lore for them, like the Disgraced Gods set. But it's easy for me to collect that set, send them to my blacksmith, then puff my chest up bc my Inquisitor steamrolls over everything. It's a whole different ballgame trying to steamroll through things with a simple cloth set. Even shopping for it is a pain in the rear at times, since a few of the Inquisitor's sleeves look similar.

The character guides are also awesome. Many people have painstakingly created guides for us, some of them are very elaborate. Now that right there's a labor of love. But I'm also a stubborn cuss, I don't want to just play a toon that's a photocopy of someone else's hard work, I wanna build my own. Of course someone here told me years ago that desktops were better to game on than laptops, but I had to learn the hard way :)

• Thanks! 1
7 hours ago, Gilberticus said:

Of course someone here told me years ago that desktops were better to game on than laptops, but I had to learn the hard way :)

Maybe they are, but some of us don't have the option and have to make do with what we can have. I am just so thankful that Sacred2 plays so well on a laptop with Intel integrated graphics! Schott's free camera mod makes the game look so much better for me even with my settup (Dell Latitude E6430, core i5 laptop, 2.5Ghz, 4Gb RAM, Intel HD4000 integrated graphics). OK, so I don't get to play the modern fancy-dancy, graphics dependent games. But most of them seem to have little real substance once you get past the pretty graphics and there are so many great older games I can play.

Edited by podgie_bear
  • Like! 1

Yeah it's a nice change and challenge to start from zero from time to time. Although I can understand all (me included) who spend hours upon hours on shopping, grinding and even trading for sets and uniques and want to use these fruits of hard labour to steamroll everything. :D

• Like! 1

I can totally understand people having different levels of income. I'm not criticizing those who use laptops, I'm criticizing myself for not being smarter about it. In 2010, my Xbox broke, which meant I had to go without Sacred for a bit. While researching where to ship my console, an ad popped up: "Get the greatest gaming laptop of all-time, for just $3,200. Never need another laptop again!" I knew nothing about laptops beyond the fact that my little Acer couldn't handle sacred 2. So, wow, thirty-two hundred bucks, I can have this fancy Alienware, and never have to worry about upgrading or getting another laptop ever again (snort, a sucker is born every minute!!!!) That Alienware m15, straight from the factory, stuttered with anything fancier than Minesweeper. Last year, my wife bought me a desktop for two hundred bucks. It has an i5-2400 core and a GeForce GTX 1050, and I think about 8GB of ram. So, she spent $200 for a machine that can do what the machine I spent $3200.00 on can't. Of course someone told me that they could get me a desktop that would blow that stupid Dell out of the water, for a quarter of the price, but I was too stupid and impatient to listen. $3k lesson to learn that just maybe, sometimes, some people know what the hell they're talking about, and that when it comes to computer, I am vastly out of my league. 

3 hours ago, Gilberticus said:

I can totally understand people having different levels of income. I'm not criticizing those who use laptops, I'm criticizing myself for not being smarter about it. In 2010, my Xbox broke, which meant I had to go without Sacred for a bit. While researching where to ship my console, an ad popped up: "Get the greatest gaming laptop of all-time, for just $3,200. Never need another laptop again!" I knew nothing about laptops beyond the fact that my little Acer couldn't handle sacred 2. So, wow, thirty-two hundred bucks, I can have this fancy Alienware, and never have to worry about upgrading or getting another laptop ever again (snort, a sucker is born every minute!!!!) That Alienware m15, straight from the factory, stuttered with anything fancier than Minesweeper. Last year, my wife bought me a desktop for two hundred bucks. It has an i5-2400 core and a GeForce GTX 1050, and I think about 8GB of ram. So, she spent $200 for a machine that can do what the machine I spent $3200.00 on can't. Of course someone told me that they could get me a desktop that would blow that stupid Dell out of the water, for a quarter of the price, but I was too stupid and impatient to listen. $3k lesson to learn that just maybe, sometimes, some people know what the hell they're talking about, and that when it comes to computer, I am vastly out of my league. 

This is exactly why I always find a friend or family member to ask questions of before I do anything that's new to me. I went to my IT guy at work and after that I paid $1600 for a desktop, slim line monitor, gaming keyboard and mouse, and headphones. And it'll last me about 8 years with the games I play. Or I can upgrade a piece at a time. 

• Like! 1