How to play Sacred Gold Multiplayer - Which possibilities remain

No, you do not want to do this, as Windows Defender will have a fit, and I don't think anyone playing on Linux via WINE would have a good time either. The operating systems will flag this kind of injection as a malicious software attempt to hijack the network. To do this properly, the best way would be to invoke system APIs to make network calls. This might necessitate finding which code calls Tincat, and writing in a NOP and then passing the functionality over to the proper syscall.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys.

I'm a new user at the forum but an old time fan of the game.

Anyone care to bust some gold/ platinum? 

I see the wippien server is out for a long time, currently trying out Radmin.

The hamachi server is also full 24 hrs since only a 20 client limit is there.

So there's not really any options for me to play.

Anything still exists as a viable option in may 2019? 

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, killeruna said:

Hi guys.

I'm a new user at the forum but an old time fan of the game.

Anyone care to bust some gold/ platinum? 

I see the wippien server is out for a long time, currently trying out Radmin.

The hamachi server is also full 24 hrs since only a 20 client limit is there.

So there's not really any options for me to play.

Anything still exists as a viable option in may 2019? 

Delighted to meet up! I'm mostly playing OverWatch these days :viking; but do hope that someone here can hook up with you... thanks for getting all the way to  our fan boards, and enjoy the game...

Welcome to Darkmatters!

:0

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update:
I seem to be able to send the pings that make sacred think there is a lan server in the net across the internet. (Still have to test with someone outside of my network or a vm)

Question:
Should I create a new thread for this so I can keep yall updated?

1 hour ago, efrenmanuel said:

Quick update:
I seem to be able to send the pings that make sacred think there is a lan server in the net across the internet. (Still have to test with someone outside of my network or a vm)

Question:
Should I create a new thread for this so I can keep yall updated?

Welcome to Darkmatters, Efrén!!

If you keep your proceedings on this thread for now, it'll keep the various attempts together.  How about starting a new thread if you get some success? If not with this community here for finding players, I know there have been players on Steam Community looking to connect to other players.\

https://steamcommunity.com/app/225640/discussions/

If you're able to get a stable connection going, it would be a worthwhile effort and thread/guide for new players

:)

gogo

• Thanks! 1
1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

Welcome to Darkmatters, Efrén!!

If you keep your proceedings on this thread for now, it'll keep the various attempts together.  How about starting a new thread if you get some success? If not with this community here for finding players, I know there have been players on Steam Community looking to connect to other players.\

https://steamcommunity.com/app/225640/discussions/

If you're able to get a stable connection going, it would be a worthwhile effort and thread/guide for new players

gogo

Thanks! Will do!

Finally, some good progress.

I managed to get the game to see a server being created from other place (In the other side of the world!).
While this is merely a basic ping forward, it means the game ain't that finicky and that I might allow me to emulate the clients and server locally where needed.

Also, updated the project with a better... objective list and a build where the pinging works (Even tho the receiving client is hard-coded to be my ip) as well as some documentation for it (javadoc).

I'll keep posting regular updates here.

efrenmanuel

• Like! 1

So now I started to write the lobby server stuff.

I made it so now the gameserver gets registered in the lobby and this one checks if its online or if its info has changed.

The next part is the oposite, getting the client to ask for all of the server's info

Then I'll have to work on the bulk of the project, client replication in the server and server replication in the clients.

• Like! 1

Now most of the lobby server is done, I can send server info from the servers to the clients on request!

So now I'll have to start with the tcp part, that's the game info from gameserver to client.

Also made a patreon in case someone wants to give me something while I do this :D.

• Thanks! 1
1 hour ago, efrenmanuel said:

I'll have to keep the developing in hold for a few days as I have to get a new motherboard for my pc.

Sorry for the delay ^^"

I think all of us here have gotten stuck over these crazy bills  that keep us in the pc game rather than console. Hoping that your able to get your repairs in order and always a great heap of thanks for helping out this community!

😊😊😊

gogo

• Thanks! 1

Back at it!
But I hit a brick wall rn. I'm gonna have to spend a lot of time looking at dumps etc... let's hope I can solve this

It seems like the server sends it info in the ping, and, in that info there is the ip of the server, so I have two options:
change the ping so it points to the correct ip: Hard as F
Make a virtual server in my program... I dont even know if its possible.

Otherwise, I've advanced a lot.

• Respect! 1
2 hours ago, efrenmanuel said:

Back at it!
But I hit a brick wall rn. I'm gonna have to spend a lot of time looking at dumps etc... let's hope I can solve this

It seems like the server sends it info in the ping, and, in that info there is the ip of the server, so I have two options:
change the ping so it points to the correct ip: Hard as F
Make a virtual server in my program... I dont even know if its possible.

Otherwise, I've advanced a lot.

Managed to mostly overcome that problem... Now I have to manually hardcore a lot of bytes...

But anyway, I got it to show "connecting" in the game and to send dsts to the server (one way).

Inchin closer and closer!

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2019 at 1:50 AM, Azazin said:

Hey guys,

if you’re still looking for an alternative to play Sacred online - try Radmin VPN.

I tested it today… it worked great and I’m not an expert for sure ;)

What you have to do in Windows 10 (sorry for my bad english in advance xD):

1.       Download and install Radmin VPN (you don’t need to register)

2.       Start Radmin and go to control panel -> Networks and Internet -> Networks and Sharing center. There is now a new connection „Radmin VPN“. Give this network a new priority: Click on „Radmin VPN“ -> properties -> check IPv4 protocol -> properties -> advanced options. Now change the metric at the bottom to „1“.

3.       If you want to host a game, create a new network in Radmin VPN.

4.       Open your Sacred folder. You need to adjust the Gameserver.cfg and Settings.cfg (+ STEAM_Settings.cfg if you’re using the Steam version) with the editor. Put your Radmin VPN IP (shown in the app) in these 2 (3) .cfg-datas -> NETWORK_IP_ADRESS: XX.XX.XX.XXX and NETWORK_LOBBY: XX.XX.XX.XXX (all players that want to join your server have to use the same settings)

5.       Now run the GameServer.exe in your Sacred folder to host a server. Important: Use your Radmin VPN IP!

6.       Change your ingame settings -> Multiplayer options –> Data flow: FOR MODEM/ISDN

7.       That’s it! (hopefully^^)

If it’s not working yet, there are 2 options:

1.       Your Firewall is maybe blocking Radmin VPN. In that case just add Radmin VPN to the allowed list in the Firewall configuration.

2.       You need to open the Sacred ports in your router and/or your firewall. The Sacred ports are: UDP/TCP 2005, UDP/TCP 2006.

Hope this helps!

BTW: Feel free to join my Radmin-network:

Name: Sacred UW

PW: 123456

Glad to see you soon ;)

Azazin

I've read that this scheme must work for any LAN-emulator and I tried with TeamViewer (as it is what we use with my friends usually) but it won't work :C
If I host the server, I see it in a lobby and I can join it, but my partner can't do it. If he is the host, I can't see it. And we can't see each other among the active users in the lobby though we do have a connection. What can be the problem? The firewall is shut down as well as antivirus

58 minutes ago, Stryp said:

I've given you a little boost on Patreon, hopefully you manage to put something great together!

Woah nice you are breathtaking!

About the program: I'm working in the GUI to start with the final phase of testing, to see if I can finally make it work

• Respect! 1
5 hours ago, Stryp said:

I've given you a little boost on Patreon, hopefully you manage to put something great together!

Bravo Stryp... and welcome to DarkMatters!!

gogo

p.s. Great momentum here for getting the community to be able to play online again... :respect:  and thank you for your time Efrén!

• Appreciation 1

So... I've kinda come to a bottleneck.

See, the server sends a signal to all of the network saying "Hi, there is a sacred server here with a max of x players and in this gamemode and difficulty"
BUT this damn thing is encrypted, encoded or whatever. So I'm having a lot of trouble doing so... been for a few hours looking at 0s and 1s... I think I can kinda overcome this issue adding a tool in the client that tells the user to create a game server first in the desired pc and then extracts the data from that.

A little more work for the user but it should only be needed the first time you join a specific server in a pc that's gonna emulate the server.

• Appreciation 1
On 7/2/2019 at 10:29 AM, OwlBoy said:

I've read that this scheme must work for any LAN-emulator and I tried with TeamViewer (as it is what we use with my friends usually) but it won't work :C
If I host the server, I see it in a lobby and I can join it, but my partner can't do it. If he is the host, I can't see it. And we can't see each other among the active users in the lobby though we do have a connection. What can be the problem? The firewall is shut down as well as antivirus

It should work... actually, but I didn't used TeamViewer for gaming yet, so I don't know if there are different settings to consider. Does it work with other games?   

Did you guys adjusted the .cfg datas correctly? Or maybe you need to open the ports?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long silence, I'm still working on it, but I had a bit of a burnout due to a few things and haven't had who to test it with, so progress is slow.

Also, it's summer so sometimes it's hard to focus :p!

22 hours ago, efrenmanuel said:

Sorry for the long silence, I'm still working on it, but I had a bit of a burnout due to a few things and haven't had who to test it with, so progress is slow.

Also, it's summer so sometimes it's hard to focus :p!

No worries

It's summer

Summer's short

enjoy the awesome outside

gogo

• Appreciation 1
  • 1 year later...