Hello there.

Hey everyone.

I'm Imre, a long time ARPG player who dabbled in sacred 1 and 2 during the last decade, mostly in 2006 for the first game, (until we lost the disc when my father left his backpack on the train.) and 2012 for the second. I enjoyed the battle mage, the wood elf for the first one, and the High Elf for the second.

Recently I shelled out the price for them again, so I can enjoy them with their add-on/expansion unlocked (and right now, the prices on gog are pretty reasonable for the comfort and the expansion content combined, especially in this day and age.

Before I went to them, I played Torchlight 1-2, Grim Dawn, and of course the classic Diablo 2. Diablo 3 I tried in 2013, but wasn't impressed with.

I just deleted all my progress so I can start with the community patch anew. Wish me luck.

Welcome to DarkMatters.

I have been playing Sacred2 for about 10years, and have been a member on here for 8years, only really active for about 6years... at first it was a post here and there, but I was more of a stalker... now I post everyday... it is a wonderful and welcoming community, full of great people.

If you like forum games, join us in The Related Word Game, Related Song Game etc. or check out the Dark Kitchen if you are a food and cooking enthusiast. 

Hope you will have many wonderful years on here.

• Like! 1
5 hours ago, Boro said:

Hey everyone.

I'm Imre, a long time ARPG player who dabbled in sacred 1 and 2 during the last decade, mostly in 2006 for the first game, (until we lost the disc when my father left his backpack on the train.) and 2012 for the second. I enjoyed the battle mage, the wood elf for the first one, and the High Elf for the second.

Recently I shelled out the price for them again, so I can enjoy them with their add-on/expansion unlocked (and right now, the prices on gog are pretty reasonable for the comfort and the expansion content combined, especially in this day and age.

Before I went to them, I played Torchlight 1-2, Grim Dawn, and of course the classic Diablo 2. Diablo 3 I tried in 2013, but wasn't impressed with.

I just deleted all my progress so I can start with the community patch anew. Wish me luck.

Love the intro, Boro, thanks for taking the time to write to us! It's a loyal and strong community thats been a part of the following for years now. As a powerful successor to Diablo 2 in days of old, the complex mechanics and detailed graphics AND very friendly community has made this community a gem.  

So glad you found us, and hope you have fun here on the boards with the best community in the net.

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo 

Thanks, you two. This place is a goldmine of information, and it is refreshing to read how some players make unorthodox builds work up to "hell difficulty" (niobium). It helps me open up to experimentation rather than following a strict build path and feeling locked, like in other, more mainstream games.

I started a semi-utility temple guardian for now, focusing on dedicated stone throws and smithing. the patch works like a charm on the gog version, and Avast didnt throw me a hissy fit either so things should be fine. For bargainers I'll probably use the character editor and unlock the difficulties/set levels/skills accordingly.

in sacred 1 I am quickly discovering how hard it is to start in silver. The lovely minotaur in silver creek tore me a few fashionable new clothes and mages. I can't imagine what a seraphim or other melee char could do against it, seeing as its level scaled and eats a character in one or two hits.

6 minutes ago, Boro said:

Thanks, you two. This place is a goldmine of information, and it is refreshing to read how some players make unorthodox builds work up to "hell difficulty" (niobium). It helps me open up to experimentation rather than following a strict build path and feeling locked, like in other, more mainstream games.

I started a semi-utility temple guardian for now, focusing on dedicated stone throws and smithing. the patch works like a charm on the gog version, and Avast didnt throw me a hissy fit either so things should be fine. For bargainers I'll probably use the character editor and unlock the difficulties/set levels/skills accordingly.

in sacred 1 I am quickly discovering how hard it is to start in silver. The lovely minotaur in silver creek tore me a few fashionable new clothes and mages. I can't imagine what a seraphim or other melee char could do against it, seeing as its level scaled and eats a character in one or two hits.

Theres beautify in so many different parts of this game.  As a stand up...it's immensely exceptional value.  Huge number of quests, and that map ... :blink: ! :bounce:  I myself liked playing the daemon from original game and ranged Blowpipe Dryad from Sacred 2...that zero travel pipe... never seen anything like it in a game before... quickly addictive

:D

gogo

Yes it is unique. Looks like diablo, a world like ultima 7, humor and references in a very pleasant style, and of course the leveling and combat arts. Aka rune eating.

How do you start out with your demoness? I tried in bronze but got eaten or almost eaten so quickly and out of potions in moments.

Although I haven't played Sacred, I would imagine that it is much the same as Sacred 2 in that it's best to level up by engaging lesser opponent first, finding better items and stocking up potions as you proceed. As you accumulate potions it gets easier and better gear and with higher levels come skills which makes things less troublesome too. Cheers! 

Thanks. This reminds me how I'd rush from porto vallum through the desert into the orc town with my wood elf+battlemage for faster leveling. At that point my skills took over, and I read enough runes in multishot/gust of wind to stay safe and the high level orcs and skeletons were pieces of cake and filled with XP.

I just started a few more chars. An ice HE in sacred 2, and a wood elf in Sacrd Gold. The trick with the early low level of to-hit chance was to use Thornbrush and Spider Arrow regularly. Similarly the daemoness can use the choir to deal with early foes.

Now I'm wondering if single player is the right place to play or I should start my toons in multiplayer for the first game. Am I missing out on anything? Probably not but would be good to know. Also how does Hardcore work in single player where you can have multiple saves?

You may want to check out a few structured builds to get a better idea of your own preferences. As far as Hardcore the only difference in Sacred 2 is that ones character will not be resurrected after death. I'm unacquainted with Hardcore play in Sacred.

• Like! 1
22 hours ago, Boro said:

Yes it is unique. Looks like diablo, a world like ultima 7, humor and references in a very pleasant style, and of course the leveling and combat arts. Aka rune eating.

How do you start out with your demoness? I tried in bronze but got eaten or almost eaten so quickly and out of potions in moments.

In the early days of sacred Underworld's release someone had put together a very powerful and rare build... pure magic energy bolts build... it intrigued me and I combined it with tentacles... outstanding results::

tentacle.jpg

ooyah

gogo

8 hours ago, Boro said:

Thanks. This reminds me how I'd rush from porto vallum through the desert into the orc town with my wood elf+battlemage for faster leveling. At that point my skills took over, and I read enough runes in multishot/gust of wind to stay safe and the high level orcs and skeletons were pieces of cake and filled with XP.

I just started a few more chars. An ice HE in sacred 2, and a wood elf in Sacrd Gold. The trick with the early low level of to-hit chance was to use Thornbrush and Spider Arrow regularly. Similarly the daemoness can use the choir to deal with early foes.

Now I'm wondering if single player is the right place to play or I should start my toons in multiplayer for the first game. Am I missing out on anything? Probably not but would be good to know. Also how does Hardcore work in single player where you can have multiple saves?

If I go back to playing Sacred Underworld, it's the HIgh Elf I'd play... they really did a terrific job with her ranged arrows,... the zooming ones that kept flying around over and over again...couldnt get enuff of saying friends' using that on dragons

gogo

2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

If I go back to playing Sacred Underworld, it's the HIgh Elf I'd play... they really did a terrific job with her ranged arrows,... the zooming ones that kept flying around over and over again...couldnt get enuff of saying friends' using that on dragons

gogo

Oh, Multishot, then a combo of penetrating arrows to the dragons. I'm still getting the feels from remembering that. And grats on the tentacle-bolt build, the results do speak for themselves.

I'm looking at proven builds since I restarted: The battlemage I start is a proven skill allocation, same with the wood elf. However with that I discovered that even using "off-spec" CAs can be worth it, such as Thornbrush, until the bow comes into it's own, so there must be a way for other characters to overcome the early day struggle.

Oh, and I just came across your grave, gogo, in the CM patched sacred 2.

• Like! 1
On 11/22/2018 at 8:36 AM, Boro said:

Oh, and I just came across your grave, gogo, in the CM patched sacred 2.

lol, those graves! :4rofl: That was such a genius move from Ascaron's side...sort of a small company with that huge success from the original game, and so close to it's community

Was so amazing to see all my friends in the game with that typical Ascaron Humor wending it way.. its no wonder we still have this great community here more than a decade later!

... First love here

:heart:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

First of all:  a - very belated - welcome from me. I'm quite certain you're going to find all you need about these two great games over here or at the Wiki.

As for "solid" builds, in Sacred: Underworld a cannonblast / flamethrower combo Dwarf is able to rule them all. It'll take some time to get the build going, but once you manage to get that CB close to 1 second regen and your flamethrower close to duration (which starts at 3 sec, if not mistaken), your little fellow is able to kill most opponents in 1-2 hits.

The three key skills for him are Weapon Lore (= damage output), Dwarven Lore and Dwarven Tech (both cutting on the two CA's regens). I'm running an occasional game with a build having that and am enjoying it for the easy killings. Even dragons went down in 4-5 shots maximum.

Just to give an idea about the dmg he does: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1518131747

A Fire spiral BM using meteor as backup spell is working well as well. I had lots of fun in MP when casting flameskin on myself, then run around to lure all the monsters to one spot, before casting firespiral and vavorizing them all in one go.

As for Sacred 2: it's been a while since I played  that one, but I still got very good memories about my pure melee seraphim, a Fire High Elf and my Dryad. Especially the Dryad can be fun once you got her build going and using the blowpipes as they have the instant hit bug / glitch. 
But no matter what you choose, make sure you install the CM-patch for Sacred 2 before playing the game. It'll add wonderful new items, some new quests and removes quite some bugs Ascaron never got to kill because of their bankrupty.

But most important:

No matter what you do, keep enjoying those two great games!

Thorin :)

• Like! 1
14 hours ago, Thorin Oakshield said:

First of all:  a - very belated - welcome from me. I'm quite certain you're going to find all you need about these two great games over here or at the Wiki.

As for "solid" builds, in Sacred: Underworld a cannonblast / flamethrower combo Dwarf is able to rule them all. It'll take some time to get the build going, but once you manage to get that CB close to 1 second regen and your flamethrower close to duration (which starts at 3 sec, if not mistaken), your little fellow is able to kill most opponents in 1-2 hits.

The three key skills for him are Weapon Lore (= damage output), Dwarven Lore and Dwarven Tech (both cutting on the two CA's regens). I'm running an occasional game with a build having that and am enjoying it for the easy killings. Even dragons went down in 4-5 shots maximum.

Just to give an idea about the dmg he does: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1518131747

A Fire spiral BM using meteor as backup spell is working well as well. I had lots of fun in MP when casting flameskin on myself, then run around to lure all the monsters to one spot, before casting firespiral and vavorizing them all in one go.

As for Sacred 2: it's been a while since I played  that one, but I still got very good memories about my pure melee seraphim, a Fire High Elf and my Dryad. Especially the Dryad can be fun once you got her build going and using the blowpipes as they have the instant hit bug / glitch. 
But no matter what you choose, make sure you install the CM-patch for Sacred 2 before playing the game. It'll add wonderful new items, some new quests and removes quite some bugs Ascaron never got to kill because of their bankrupty.

But most important:

No matter what you do, keep enjoying those two great games!

Thorin, Im so glad you made it over to this build discussion thread! You were the ullti-dwarfer in the servers... its funny how we all see sacred as a dainty game that can be revisited with cool builds... I just thought the attacks were so much faster... I mean heck...you could switch CA in mid cast when switching weapons... I've never gotten over  losing that in Sacred 2

goggo

• Like! 1

Thx Gogo, but being the "ullti-dwarfer", I dunno. Other's have been posting Dwarven builds at this forum, while I never have. Just running around killing things with some builds I tried. And some failed misserably. :dntknw:

I used to have fun with the little fellow, tried several builds with his and found the CA / Flamer to be the one having the best pay-off between damage and staying alive.

I've had in mind to write a guide at some point, but as usual, the moment I start with that,  I forget to write down when to put points in which skill until I've leveled 3-4 times and realizes I have to do that as well. :D

I do know that I kept trading at a max at all levels in this build I posted that screenshot off. I began using +xWL items (and +y RSM) pretty fast to overcome the lack of skill points in WL. When I finally was able to drop more points in skills (meaning 3+), I maximized WL even before working at Dwarven Lore and Weapon tech. I also remember I've been dropping all atribute points in Phys Regen for faster health regen and higher HP. Constitution is adding to that later, but I think I'll just drop point every 4th level or so in it.
But what I found out about being more important: DO NOT focus at getting complete sets, unless it's for trading / forging. Instead, use the set pieces which are giving the best bonus for your build and use normal items if they boost one of the important skills more as a set piece does.

So for the build of  that screenshot, a summary:

- Keep trading maxed out from the start. It'll help you make money and it'll help you getting that yellow item with that high WL boost. On top of that, there's Bravemart.............

- WL is one of those skills you keep maxed as well. Early on with maxing trade it'll be hard, but as soon as you got your 3rd skill point, bring it up to max, then keep adding points every level. It boosts both CB and Flamethrower as well as your hand weapon. Being that a single handed, 2-handed or ranged weapon doesn't matter.

- Dwarven Lore: One of the essential two skills to reduce regen of your CB and Flamethrower. Drop any left points in it the moment you got your trading and WL maxed. AFter getting more skills, drop one point in it every x levels. (will explain later)

- Weapon Tech: the other essential skill to reduce regen. And just like with Dwarven Lore, drop some left over points in it every x(levels)

- Armor, Constitution: those two are essential. Either to make the use of higher level armour easier - and you will need it as when all goes well you fight monsters 10+ level's above you because of SB - and to boost your health points.

- Forge Lore, Axe Lore: While one of these skills can be useful to smith  the Dwarven runes into your armour and weapons ,the other one can be used for a faster attack speed of your main axe. Being it a single handed or a 2 handed weapon, that's even. For those of you who like a sword, simply use sword lore and take all the benefits of that prototype sword you can find at some point. And just as with the above, add points every x levels.

As for the atribute points; simply drop them all in Phys Regen. It'll boost your health and will reduce the regen of  that Attack CA you started with. One you won't be needing (much) if all goes well.

What I mean with every x levels is, that you will have points left after putting them in WL and trading. First it'll be one point, later 2 (and I believe even 3). What I do is spreading the remaining points over the remaining skills. As a result some won't get up as fast as they probably should, but in return you get an pretty balanced build. And the advantage of this, is that you can skip dropping points in Armour and Axe Lore at some point, the moment you're able to get the maximum benefits of it; only to drop point in them when you need them again.

I won't do a full equipment list here, but four things are important to know:

1) Near Mascarel is Thain's Axe; a unique that boost WL (and fire dmg) a lot. When doing the campaign in SP, you'll need to move from Mascarel to the north and from there to the desert where you find lots and lots of skellies and undead. Who are VERY vunerable to fire..........

2) With trading as a skill, equip a weapon and a shield with 3-4 slots in one of your weapon slots and fill those slots up with +x trading or +y skill amulets or rings. it will help you boosting your trading skill a lot

3) and in addition to that, Thar Erross armour is giving you a boost to trading. Whenever you find that piece, keep it for your trading suit. The entire set will give you a boost to forging as well, while the gauntlets are having a very high amount of LL. So whenever you can, use those.

4) Life leech is your friend in this game and that's true for this Dwarf too. While you may not need it with CB, it's very useful when needing the flame thrower. However, with the setup of this  game compared to Sacred 2, having 20-25% LL is enough to keep you alive.

• Like! 1
On 12/6/2018 at 8:31 AM, Thorin Oakshield said:

Thx Gogo, but being the "ullti-dwarfer", I dunno. Other's have been posting Dwarven builds at this forum, while I never have. Just running around killing things with some builds I tried. And some failed misserably. :dntknw:

I used to have fun with the little fellow, tried several builds with his and found the CA / Flamer to be the one having the best pay-off between damage and staying alive.

I've had in mind to write a guide at some point, but as usual, the moment I start with that,  I forget to write down when to put points in which skill until I've leveled 3-4 times and realizes I have to do that as well. :D

I do know that I kept trading at a max at all levels in this build I posted that screenshot off. I began using +xWL items (and +y RSM) pretty fast to overcome the lack of skill points in WL. When I finally was able to drop more points in skills (meaning 3+), I maximized WL even before working at Dwarven Lore and Weapon tech. I also remember I've been dropping all atribute points in Phys Regen for faster health regen and higher HP. Constitution is adding to that later, but I think I'll just drop point every 4th level or so in it.
But what I found out about being more important: DO NOT focus at getting complete sets, unless it's for trading / forging. Instead, use the set pieces which are giving the best bonus for your build and use normal items if they boost one of the important skills more as a set piece does.

So for the build of  that screenshot, a summary:

- Keep trading maxed out from the start. It'll help you make money and it'll help you getting that yellow item with that high WL boost. On top of that, there's Bravemart.............

- WL is one of those skills you keep maxed as well. Early on with maxing trade it'll be hard, but as soon as you got your 3rd skill point, bring it up to max, then keep adding points every level. It boosts both CB and Flamethrower as well as your hand weapon. Being that a single handed, 2-handed or ranged weapon doesn't matter.

- Dwarven Lore: One of the essential two skills to reduce regen of your CB and Flamethrower. Drop any left points in it the moment you got your trading and WL maxed. AFter getting more skills, drop one point in it every x levels. (will explain later)

- Weapon Tech: the other essential skill to reduce regen. And just like with Dwarven Lore, drop some left over points in it every x(levels)

- Armor, Constitution: those two are essential. Either to make the use of higher level armour easier - and you will need it as when all goes well you fight monsters 10+ level's above you because of SB - and to boost your health points.

- Forge Lore, Axe Lore: While one of these skills can be useful to smith  the Dwarven runes into your armour and weapons ,the other one can be used for a faster attack speed of your main axe. Being it a single handed or a 2 handed weapon, that's even. For those of you who like a sword, simply use sword lore and take all the benefits of that prototype sword you can find at some point. And just as with the above, add points every x levels.

As for the atribute points; simply drop them all in Phys Regen. It'll boost your health and will reduce the regen of  that Attack CA you started with. One you won't be needing (much) if all goes well.

What I mean with every x levels is, that you will have points left after putting them in WL and trading. First it'll be one point, later 2 (and I believe even 3). What I do is spreading the remaining points over the remaining skills. As a result some won't get up as fast as they probably should, but in return you get an pretty balanced build. And the advantage of this, is that you can skip dropping points in Armour and Axe Lore at some point, the moment you're able to get the maximum benefits of it; only to drop point in them when you need them again.

I won't do a full equipment list here, but four things are important to know:

1) Near Mascarel is Thain's Axe; a unique that boost WL (and fire dmg) a lot. When doing the campaign in SP, you'll need to move from Mascarel to the north and from there to the desert where you find lots and lots of skellies and undead. Who are VERY vunerable to fire..........

2) With trading as a skill, equip a weapon and a shield with 3-4 slots in one of your weapon slots and fill those slots up with +x trading or +y skill amulets or rings. it will help you boosting your trading skill a lot

3) and in addition to that, Thar Erross armour is giving you a boost to trading. Whenever you find that piece, keep it for your trading suit. The entire set will give you a boost to forging as well, while the gauntlets are having a very high amount of LL. So whenever you can, use those.

4) Life leech is your friend in this game and that's true for this Dwarf too. While you may not need it with CB, it's very useful when needing the flame thrower. However, with the setup of this  game compared to Sacred 2, having 20-25% LL is enough to keep you alive.

Already that's a pretty detailed list for someone creating a dwarf build... ! :bounce:  I remember when the two new character classes came out, daemon and the dwarf , all the excitement over the new types of game play the classes brought in and the new CA's... also that someone had mentioned that the new character classes, the way they were drawn were much more "dense"... pixels wise? than the ones that came before.  They just looked beautiful and executed smartly...if you could get the mechanics right. I was n'eer one for playing the dwarf myself actually, as the Daemon's HC build I was working with was taking so much time to get to high levels.  Gosh...lol if only we'd perhaps had the kind of godpowers available to players these days^ ... but then again... the community that arose from a one life only type of build was empowering.!

:dance:

gogo

And for the same reason I've never been able to try a Daemon in HC. Too busy building Dwarves. Same thing happened with the other characters. I've been busy with a Seraphim quite some time, tried a Gladiator for a Clan-DA challenge (before I got kicked out) and eventually tried a WE and BM as well, in which the BM was the one I had most fun with. 

Surprisingly, I followed the same pattern a bit in Sacred 2. Started with a Seraphim - and she's still may favorite character - then a Shadow Warrior, Dryad and eventually HE. I never managed to get into the Inquisitor or Temple Guard; so I guess real hybrid buildings are just nothing for me. :D

And yes, I still miss playing these great games in MP. The HC community was great until the point S:UW hit the bargain bins. At that point the item beggars entered the servers, which was a pitty. But considering that I spent more time in these two games as in most other RPG's I got, combined says a lot. Closest may be ESO, but I'm not even sure about that.