Jump to content
Countdown To Christmas!
 

From the Sacred 2 Christmas Island Soundtrack
Click to Open Player!
 
and0r

Schot's Sacred 2 Maps

Recommended Posts

Greetings everyone. There used to be a nice large image of the Ancaria map floating around the internet, freely available to download. But now this image is gone, and the only option to view the map is through the sacredwiki online using google maps. I much rather have my own personal copy of this map rather than rely on the internet to constantly view it.

I recently discovered there was also another map featuring all the underground areas in one large image. I don't remember this one ever being available, it would excellent to have it too. 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great, thank you.

But the image on sacredwiki seems to be much higher res, and I also remember the file size being larger than this.

Do you by any chance have the originals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, that's it.  I'm quite fond of this image you know. It's quite good, and there are not many video games which such lush map art, so it's rather unique

It's good that you mirrored it, thanks.

Edited by and0r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, and0r said:

Could you grant me wiki edit permissions?

Hi And0r, thanks for this interest! Happy to add you as an editor :)

Is there a particular section of the Wiki that you'd like to work on?

:)

 

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Hi And0r, thanks for this interest! Happy to add you as an editor :)

Is there a particular section of the Wiki that you'd like to work on?

:)

 

gogo

Just for editing whenever the opportunity arises.  But I was also thinking of maybe adding a link to the high res map

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, and0r said:

Ah, that's it.  I'm quite fond of this image you know. It's quite good, and there are not many video games which such lush map art, so it's rather unique

It's good that you mirrored it, thanks.

wow...that map... I remember it taking about half a year  for Schot to create that working on it every day dutifully.  If I remember, Google had just come out with the tech for him to put it all together and use it via a third party poster...  light years ahead of its tme  when the game had just come out... probably one of his top five digital hits ever!

:thumbsup:

gogo

 

p.s. Added Sacred 2 and Schot to the topic title so that new Sacred Discoverers coming along can get more info about this game's maps :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2018 at 4:11 AM, gogoblender said:

wow...that map... I remember it taking about half a year  for Schot to create that working on it every day dutifully.  If I remember, Google had just come out with the tech for him to put it all together and use it via a third party poster...  light years ahead of its tme  when the game had just come out... probably one of his top five digital hits ever!

:thumbsup:

gogo

 

p.s. Added Sacred 2 and Schot to the topic title so that new Sacred Discoverers coming along can get more info about this game's maps :)

 

yeah, sacred 2 definitely feels to be a bit more than just candy for the 8800gt xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad there isn't an English version of the larger map. Someone went to a LOT of trouble to generate it though. I, for one, definitely appreciate it.

Edited by Spock
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, and0r said:

yeah, sacred 2 definitely feels to be a bit more than just candy for the 8800gt xD

The map was cutting edge for its time, it was probably one of the top three largest game worlds created... all by our little company Ascaron

:heart:

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now