Screen stopped trembling from 2H Hammers with the CM patch

Hi, I have a quick question - I recently installed the community mod (it's amazing, I can't believe I played for so long without it!) but I encountered a small problem. Before the patch, when I played my 2H hammer SWarrior, hitting used to cause the screen to shake and tremble, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Now, with the community patch, the screen remains perfectly still when I hit and I don't know why. I checked out the Options menus, I googled and searched in several different ways, but I can't see how to reverse it. I want the world to tremble when I hit kobolds, damn it! 

If anyone knows the answer to my rather silly and insignificant question, I'd be really grateful.
Cheers!

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Find options.txt (Local/Ascaron Entertainment > Sacred 2) and change the line below highlighted in yellow from 0 to a value of 1 and save the text file.

behaviour = 0,
    cam1_rotx_emax = -1.57,
    cam1_rotx_max = -1.57,
    cam1_rotx_min = -0.1,
    cam1_trackdist_max = 1400,
    cam1_trackdist_min = 118,
    cam_autorot_speed = 0.5,
    cam_autozoom_max = 1000,
    cam_autozoom_min = 104,
    cam_autozoom_speed = 1,
    cameraDamping = 1,

cameraShake = 0,
    cover_detection_dist = 1000,
    customsettings = 0,
    dng1_rotx_emax = -1.22,
    dng1_rotx_max = -0.9,
    dng1_rotx_min = -0.48,
    dng1_trackdist_max = 710,
    dng1_trackdist_min = 150,
    editorDevCam = 0,
    heromenu_rotx_emax = -1.22,
    heromenu_rotx_max = -0.99,
    heromenu_rotx_min = -0.48,
    heromenu_trackdist_max = 510,
    heromenu_trackdist_min = 150,
    invert = 0,
    leaf_occlusion_fact_x = 1,
    leaf_occlusion_fact_y = 2,
    TPOMax = 34,
    TPOMin = -20,

There are no silly and insignificant questions, there are ones which require an answer and rhetorical questions which do not. For, what good is knowledge if it serves no purpose? Now, go ye forth and smite ye many Kobolds, verily and forsooth.

Awesome Hooyaah, thanks!

:)

gogo

12 hours ago, RetsReds said:

Hi, I have a quick question - I recently installed the community mod (it's amazing, I can't believe I played for so long without it!) but I encountered a small problem. Before the patch, when I played my 2H hammer SWarrior, hitting used to cause the screen to shake and tremble, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Now, with the community patch, the screen remains perfectly still when I hit and I don't know why. I checked out the Options menus, I googled and searched in several different ways, but I can't see how to reverse it. I want the world to tremble when I hit kobolds, damn it! 

If anyone knows the answer to my rather silly and insignificant question, I'd be really grateful.
Cheers!

Happy you're so pleased with the CMPatch... lots of love in that magical code

:wizard:

gogo

I'm glad that you found the folder. Let Ancaria resound with the satisfying sound of Kobolds meeting their maker! There are a number of things that can be a real game changer by making amendments to the options.txt file. Most notably, perhaps is the camera view. There is a thread devoted to this here:

Guide to Customizing the Sacred 2 Camera View and optionsCustom txt

Huh... interestingly enough, cameraShake was already set to 1. I tweaked the camera distances a bit and that worked, but the camera shake isn't happening. Am I just stupid and not accounting for something? Is the camera supposed to shake only when I crit/overkill something? Cause I tested it pretty extensively and there's no way I haven't critted/overkilled in all the testing. 

I dunno, I guess I'll just have to live with it. The CM patch gives too many other goodies that make this a small price to pay. :P

I messed with some files in the past, and some of the files seem to need changed in multiple locations or something. Such as there being the same file in the game directories for server, single player, multiplayer or something like those. I can't rly check right now and that's probably not it, but figured I'd leave this anyway.

• Thanks! 1