Happy Christmas DarkMatters 2018 - XOXoo Yee all!!

Ah, Christmas. The time of the year where I work twice as much and gain very much the same. Love it! :D

Working in retail during "retail attack week" has taken a toll on my sanity over the years, but new year new house and some added calm may make for a smoother Christmas this time. We'll see. For the rest of you folks, happy holidays.

• Like! 1

Ah, this is the one "which" I really enjoy! However, it is worth noting that it is rather difficult to find the "like" option in order to so flag a post. Perhaps a suggestion for next year some delightful Christmas-themed "like" Emojis!

I find that being around friends and family (or anyone of goodwill) is the best way to enjoy the season. I will not neglect to mention the merriment enhancing value found within, of course, eggnog, hot cocoa, feasting, desserts, and snacks, festive lighting and decor, and delightfully wrapped packages 'neath the Christmas Tree! Merry ChrIstmas to all!

• Like! 1
14 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

Some festive cheer! Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to all!

Thanks DB... Happy Christmas to you as well! will you be getting back to down under for the holidays?

:)

gogo

13 hours ago, Androdion said:

Ah, Christmas. The time of the year where I work twice as much and gain very much the same. Love it! :D

Working in retail during "retail attack week" has taken a toll on my sanity over the years, but new year new house and some added calm may make for a smoother Christmas this time. We'll see. For the rest of you folks, happy holidays.

Stay the road, Androdion, you're so good with details... this year will be your best!

:superman:

gogo

12 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Ah, this is the one "which" I really enjoy! However, it is worth noting that it is rather difficult to find the "like" option in order to so flag a post. Perhaps a suggestion for next year some delightful Christmas-themed "like" Emojis!

I find that being around friends and family (or anyone of goodwill) is the best way to enjoy the season. I will not neglect to mention the merriment enhancing value found within, of course, eggnog, hot cocoa, feasting, desserts, and snacks, festive lighting and decor, and delightfully wrapped packages 'neath the Christmas Tree! Merry ChrIstmas to all!

ahhaha, I noticed that too Hooyaah... lol took me forever to find the like button first time yesterday..its almost invisible... but yay, Schot has made it easier...and Christmas likes for all!

I can relate to what you mean about Christmas with friends and family... ill even target people I dont know to get their cheer if my own family is avialable.

sort of like... hmmm a christmas life force vampire for me?

"4rofl:

:devil:

gogo

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, Androdion said:

I know what you mean with the extra hours... I am practically doing double shifts, and not getting to take all my off days... but I am used to it this time of year. but I am not getting paid any extra...

5 hours ago, Delta! said:

I know what you mean with the extra hours... I am practically doing double shifts, and not getting to take all my off days... but I am used to it this time of year. but I am not getting paid any extra...

You don't get paid for the additional time at all? No overtime? No Bonus? Do you work for the Grinch, Theuns?

:christmastree:

5 hours ago, Androdion said:

I'm also used to it, but you never get used to it per se. All the added rush, noise, work volume... "It's like father, always in a rush, never have any time..." :D

Oh and the week after Christmas is when season sales begin, so it doesn't really stop until mid-January or so. But I guess that my girlfriend has enough Christmas love to compensate for the Grinch in me, ha ha. Case in point, she made me decorate the tree! :christmastree:

IMG-20181208-WA0004.thumb.jpg.5cc7996edd4310cd1fb503061de62ea0.jpg

But she must realize what a wonderful tree decorator you are. Surely you must be compensated with delicious desserts, right?

6 hours ago, Delta! said:

ahhh, Theuns thats awful... I remember always getting stuck with holiday shifts during my stint in food services.  I hope these days go as best for you... post if you need support... hoping the food you're serving is making up for all those hours... dont give up!

:bounce:

gogo

5 hours ago, Androdion said:

I'm also used to it, but you never get used to it per se. All the added rush, noise, work volume... "It's like father, always in a rush, never have any time..." :D

Oh and the week after Christmas is when season sales begin, so it doesn't really stop until mid-January or so. But I guess that my girlfriend has enough Christmas love to compensate for the Grinch in me, ha ha. Case in point, she made me decorate the tree! :christmastree:

IMG-20181208-WA0004.thumb.jpg.5cc7996edd4310cd1fb503061de62ea0.jpg

Thats a wonderful Christmas Capture, Androdion... HOlidays wishes to you both... and of course, the lovely tree!

:hugs:

gogo

Like Gogo said, I'm all about the details. That's probably why the decorations are all symmetrical and well aligned... :dance: Anyway, most of the decorations are chocolate figures so come the 26th and I'll start "disassembling" the tree, ha ha.

My better half is mighty cool though, she doesn't even care that I play Sacred 2 with voluptuous characters that wear revealing armour! She's definitely a keeper. :wub:

• Like! 1

Tree already decorated? We just started after the triple birthday to make the decorations from stray, wood, pine cones, ... ;)

With no small kids in the house any more, there is no reason to hide the tree before x-mas. So with no reason for hiding, size doesn't matter and I will chop a 4 metres tree at 24th early morning. So most of the fun will be decorating the 'entrance hall' with the tree. Entrance hall is a bit misleading since our house is an old wooden patchwork and the entrance hall was the earlier cow stall with a hay storage above. Static says a no no to build it into living rooms so we have a big hall normally used for table tennis and similiar.

Oldest with her husband will bring mistletoes,... Father in law will catch some fish, my mother and my mother in law do the cooking, ... A bit old days when my grand-grandma was still living and whole family met at x-mas.

The tree will stay till 6th of January (holy three kings) ,which is work free here. 

• Like! 1

Santa Claus arrived at the shopping mall where I work on the 10th of November, and he's been on his throne kissing children ever since. Just for you to know just how commerce influences things, it's tradition for Santa to arrive on this same town (city hall and that jive) on the 1st of December. So yeah, big retail spaces make me feel a bit anti-Christmas with all their rush. Oh, and we only have a couple of days on the entire year where retail closes. You guessed it, 25th of December and January 1st. :(

As far as I can remember the costumes here say that we need to have the tree up and running on early December. When I was in my preteen years my mom used to grab me, my sister and a couple of small axes and we'd go to the forest to grab a real tree. Some moss too to build the Nativity scene. But that was almost 25 years ago so something got lost along the highway. Nowadays having a plastic tree decorated is usually the norm.

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Androdion said:

Santa Claus arrived at the shopping mall where I work on the 10th of November, and he's been on his throne kissing children ever since. Just for you to know just how commerce influences things, it's tradition for Santa to arrive on this same town (city hall and that jive) on the 1st of December. So yeah, big retail spaces make me feel a bit anti-Christmas with all their rush. Oh, and we only have a couple of days on the entire year where retail closes. You guessed it, 25th of December and January 1st. :(

As far as I can remember the costumes here say that we need to have the tree up and running on early December. When I was in my preteen years my mom used to grab me, my sister and a couple of small axes and we'd go to the forest to grab a real tree. Some moss too to build the Nativity scene. But that was almost 25 years ago so something got lost along the highway. Nowadays having a plastic tree decorated is usually the norm.

Yes, cutting ones own tree as a family tradition is much more fun and memorable than dusting off the artificial tree which was stowed all year awaiting the holidays. Also, the delightful scent of pine from a real tree adds to the wonderful sensation that Christmas time is here. Let's savor every moment, each one of us.

That is not a Tradition we have here in South Africa... we don't have the same plant life in the Southern Hemisphere. But my mom got tired of using ugly fake plastic trees when I was still small, and then used a potted tree, a Cypress that we then used every year and we saw it grow bigger and bigger...

• Like! 1
On 12/17/2018 at 8:11 PM, Androdion said:

Like Gogo said, I'm all about the details. That's probably why the decorations are all symmetrical and well aligned... :dance: Anyway, most of the decorations are chocolate figures so come the 26th and I'll start "disassembling" the tree, ha ha.

My better half is mighty cool though, she doesn't even care that I play Sacred 2 with voluptuous characters that wear revealing armour! She's definitely a keeper. :wub:

lol

good luck on that chocolate-stuffed tree staying whole till Christmas

:4rofl:

gogo

11 hours ago, Flix said:

I can't tell you how much I love having the Christmas Island music playing while browsing the forums.  :heart::heart::heart:

Revamped Christmas skin looks fantastic!  :christmastree:

I know, isn't the tune just amazing... I have heard it over and over again...they were on their talent when putting this classic together..its always going to have a place in my heart...and Im trying hard to find a way to play the christmas quest once a year now, like other members here...what a great idea :thumbsupsmiley:

and yah, this skin is awesome... Thanks Schot for never letting down on ever letting it go!

:gogo:

gogo

9 hours ago, lujate said:

I can't believe it's that time of year again already!   Merry Christmas! Happy holidays! Happy New Year!

Happy Christmas Lujate.. where are those wine glasses my friend... I know you have the good stuff somewhere!

:lol:

gogo