Happy Christmas DarkMatters 2018 - XOXoo Yee all!!

12 hours ago, bhj said:

@TornadoX1 I hear you Gogo and Schot would haveto chaise me out here with hay forks :diablo:

@podgie_bear Now there is someone even I remember :christmastree:

:viking:

Old school sacred folks!

:dance:

gogo

And a very happy Christmas to all of our friends/now family here at DarkMatters! Enjoy the day, hoping your with your family, friends and a few bottles of the magical goods stuff!

:)

gogo

7 hours ago, crowgrrrl said:

Happy Christmas to one and all of you dear people!!! 

Hope you all get to enjoy good food, fun and cheer with your loved ones and friends! 

You all hold a very special place in my heart ♥️ 

Thank you kindly, Ms. Sarah!

On 12/25/2018 at 8:50 PM, Flix said:

I was reflecting on just how many Christmases I have spent on these forums, it's like a second home in a way.

There have been Christmases where the only good thing going on in my life was that I had a really cool Sacred 2 mod project that I was working on and posting about, and there have been Christmases (like this one) where my life is so full of friends and family and activities that I feel like I barely have time to swing by here and check in.

I'm very grateful this community exists.  Merry Christmas DarkMatters. 

P.S. Here is my mother's Christmas tree cake with chocolate frosting.  It's ok to be a little jealous.  ;)

79kul0B.jpg

Love the poST! And especially love your pic of you mom's Christmas cake.. adorable!.  I hear your words about always coming back.  I look back sometimes at why all this started ...and how DarkMatters, originally a game supporting OGame by fans playing from the Sacred International Forum all  got together and have somehow just gelled over these last few years to be... well let's say it

beautiful

And it is that.  I show the community to my friends and they never believe popular a site can be with no swearing, smack or bad talking..in fact..how a site thats in fact become...okay let's all say it together.. a SUPERFAN MESSAGE BOARD... can still stay relevant and active all these years... more than a decade later... 

Is it really all just about skinz? Maybe huh ^^

Thanks Flix for sharing that sentiment and so so happy you and others keep coming back, if for nothing, to just say hi

Yah it's past...but its fun to say huh...

Merry Christmas Friends... the new year is coming!

:viking:

gogo

8 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to everyone, I hope you've all been able to spend some quality time with family and friends :)

A glorious and Merry Christmas to you and Missus, DB... wow... were you sixteen when you first started posting here?

Booyah!

:superman:

gogo

Guys, I was so so sick when I flew into see the family here this last week, and were supposed to have had dinner at a friends house lots of courses and everything, but my mom (behindst me back! *shakes fisg*) cancelled it while I kept coughing away in bed... but her friends were SO nice and put the entire menu onto paper and sent it to us in a cooler with champagne...  ahhh, the spirit of christmas.. epecially when imibableIMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

Mom always knows best, Gogo; that must be why it all worked out. It looks as if it all tasted delicious, indeed! You best nurse yourself back to health in short order, sir.

• Like! 1
11 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

Mom always knows best, Gogo; that must be why it all worked out. It looks as if it all tasted delicious, indeed! You best nurse yourself back to health in short order, sir.

awww, thanks Hooyah... yah...she's pretty insistent about her knowing best :lol: 

Also... forgot to show the cookies...all hand made. just wow

IMG_1470.jpg

On 12/25/2018 at 10:19 AM, crowgrrrl said:

Happy Christmas to one and all of you dear people!!! 

Hope you all get to enjoy good food, fun and cheer with your loved ones and friends! 

You all hold a very special place in my heart ♥️ 

Merry Christmas Sarah!! :hugs: Always so happy to see our members coming back home.  Enjoy the hot toddy and we have some especially good vegetarian duck! Yes,.. I know thats impossible sounding...but this is 2018 and almost everything is possible

wheeeeeeeeeeeee

:drunkards:

gogo

15 hours ago, gogoblender said:

A glorious and Merry Christmas to you and Missus, DB... wow... were you sixteen when you first started posting here?

Booyah!

:superman:

gogo

Almost Gogo, looks like I joined just after I turned 17. Although I believe I lurked for a while, so it could have been another couple of years before I posted!

Unfortunately, back to work for me though, but only a short week this week (2 days) and next week (3 days) with public holidays and some careful use of leave.

1 hour ago, Dragon Brother said:

Almost Gogo, looks like I joined just after I turned 17. Although I believe I lurked for a while, so it could have been another couple of years before I posted!

Unfortunately, back to work for me though, but only a short week this week (2 days) and next week (3 days) with public holidays and some careful use of leave.

enjoy those days off.  It's easy to get sucked into work and forget to take time to regen so that we can continue with our good level of work flow.  I remember for the first few years not taking vacay seriously, and now it's something I look forward to , while catching up with family.

Gosh.,.. u just have such good weather where you are huh

:D

gogo

3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Gosh.,.. u just have such good weather where you are huh

:D

gogo

Yeah, it's been pretty good down here, especially along the coast where I've moved to recently. Further inland there's been a heat wave with temperatures hitting 40°C and above which is a bit too hot!

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, GoldenGirl said:

Hallo @all

I hope you had a wonbderful Thanksgiving kerze_smilie_gelb.gif

A healthy start into the New Year feuerwerk_108.gif

and a Wonderful Happy Christmas to you as well, GoldenGirl....thank you for the AWESOME traditional calendar you put up this year.. I featured them from both the sites... Christmas just wouldnt be the same without it.

Have a terrific New Year... coming in on us soon I see!

:oooo:

gogo

• Thanks! 1

We just rented a caravan in a small coastal town (Westward Ho!), didn't bother with all the usual Christmas trappings and had a quiet Christmas avoiding all the locust-like crowds of demented shoppers everywhere. Enjoyed peaceful walks on the beach, simple food and playing cards of an evening with a couple of drinks. The only demented idiot that we saw all week was our little dog in raptures as she raced all over the beach scaring the seagulls.

Sheer bliss!  :cow:

• Like! 1
On 12/28/2018 at 10:22 AM, podgie_bear said:

We just rented a caravan in a small coastal town (Westward Ho!), didn't bother with all the usual Christmas trappings and had a quiet Christmas avoiding all the locust-like crowds of demented shoppers everywhere. Enjoyed peaceful walks on the beach, simple food and playing cards of an evening with a couple of drinks. The only demented idiot that we saw all week was our little dog in raptures as she raced all over the beach scaring the seagulls.

Sheer bliss!  :cow:

That's an adorable and absolutely perfect christmas! It's not always about the bright the bright lights and hoopla, the oft-times gaudy gift wrapping and vast tables of food.  Family is awesome, if not best, and most memorable.

Here's to seagulls and simple food

Happy Christmas!

:hugs:

gogo

9 hours ago, GoldenGirl said:

You're welcome to put my regards in this thread.
Then everything is together :)

Overlooked it in the beginning... sorry.

I do love reading Greetings as a title for the forum..its very friendly and I love hellos! As you've asked, I've merged the threads and you're now with the company of the late-season Christmas party goers.. one more day left of the New year!

:hugs:

gogo