Happy Christmas DarkMatters 2018 - XOXoo Yee all!!

26 minutes ago, chattius said:

Happy New Year !

Just a quick hello before its time to clean up all the leftovers from the big party on the hill.

heh, thanks for the wishes Chattius, I hope its not too much to clean up after that big party...crack that whip sir!

:whip:

gogo

5 hours ago, gogoblender said:

heh, thanks for the wishes Chattius, I hope its not too much to clean up after that big party...crack that whip sir!

We have a tradition: the volunteer fire fighters of 3 villages built a tent (just for 500 people) on a hill top, drive the fire-trucks to the place and spend the night there. Central place of the 3 villages, so being quick at place at an emergency. Families and friends are with us, field kitchens, mobile pizza oven, ...No need for expensive party dresses, taxis, babysitters. And I bet we had the best look for the fireworks at the villages down.

We have to do four big exercises a year and the new year is one of them. We call it building a tent camp for people who suffer from a disaster.  We will use the tent to test and sort out water hoses next weekend. Will be exercise #2 and the new year will have just 5 days by then.

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, chattius said:

We have a tradition: the volunteer fire fighters of 3 villages built a tent (just for 500 people) on a hill top, drive the fire-trucks to the place and spend the night there. Central place of the 3 villages, so being quick at place at an emergency. Families and friends are with us, field kitchens, mobile pizza oven, ...No need for expensive party dresses, taxis, babysitters. And I bet we had the best look for the fireworks at the villages down.

We have to do four big exercises a year and the new year is one of them. We call it building a tent camp for people who suffer from a disaster.  We will use the tent to test and sort out water hoses next weekend. Will be exercise #2 and the new year will have just 5 days by then.

I love the organization and the enthusiastic focus

Keeping the community safe

:gogo:

gogo

Happy New Year.

We had quite the bash at the hotel... A 14 hour shift for me... because, I am off the next day... wow when you leave work just before 2 in the morning..., any way.

Hope you all at least had something to celebrate. hope you get to achieve the new years resolutions... 

• Like! 1
53 minutes ago, Delta! said:

Happy New Year.

We had quite the bash at the hotel... A 14 hour shift for me... because, I am off the next day... wow when you leave work just before 2 in the morning..., any way.

Hope you all at least had something to celebrate. hope you get to achieve the new years resolutions... 

Hey... Happy New Year, to you as well Theuns!  I'd expect nothing but the biggest bangest bash where you work!  :D ...but I can understand how tiring it is as well to leave at such a early time...

Best wishes friend and the merriest new year ever!

:)

gogo

1 hour ago, Androdion said:

Happy new year everyone. I know I'm late but the party yesterday was a bit intense, too much eating I drinking... :whistle:

Bravo on that party ! REally that good huh ^^  Happy that your wife and you have made it home safe here though, and have bought in the year with Pep!

Happy New Year Androdion!

gogo

59 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Bravo on that party ! REally that good huh ^^  Happy that your wife and you have made it home safe here though, and have bought in the year with Pep!

Happy New Year Androdion!

gogo

Yeah, it was lunch-to-dinner, 7 to 8 straight hours at the table... I think I only got up to cook some clams and for restroom services. :D

And my father-in-law let me open a Dimple 15 bottle that was pre-EURO. I almost shed a tear, so so great! Schot would be proud!

11 hours ago, Androdion said:

Yeah, it was lunch-to-dinner, 7 to 8 straight hours at the table... I think I only got up to cook some clams and for restroom services. :D

And my father-in-law let me open a Dimple 15 bottle that was pre-EURO. I almost shed a tear, so so great! Schot would be proud!

That sounds so familial, traditional and wonderfully long... how Chrstimasy! I can only imagine the cooking and menu

gogo

My family is quite small, but my lady's is big enough to compensate. They tend to get together on every possible occasion and we live very close to each other so it's easy to have 15 to 20 people together for lunch or dinner. For Christmas Eve I made a killer cod with corn bread crust and a more traditional seasoning, with bird's eye cayenne for added bite, for the typical cod with potatoes and cabbages. For New Year's day it was filet steak with pineapple, roast piglet (a classic) with oranges from the backyard, a couple of traditional soups (chicken soup, green soup) and lots and lots of drinks. White wine, red wine, green (!) wine (it's a more gassy variant of white wine), beer, muscat, old scotch... Damn, no wonder I went to bed early! :D

There were a lot of sweets too for both weeks. Traditional king cake, chocolate king cake, queen cake, egg candy pavlova, wafer cake, sweet rice, and many others. There was also sea food and many other things that I can't remember already. I don't think I've got to taste everything, it was really too much. I guess that working twice as much made me eat twice as much too, ha ha... And the red wine from my father in law's storage is always divine!

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 7:20 PM, Androdion said:

My family is quite small, but my lady's is big enough to compensate. They tend to get together on every possible occasion and we live very close to each other so it's easy to have 15 to 20 people together for lunch or dinner. For Christmas Eve I made a killer cod with corn bread crust and a more traditional seasoning, with bird's eye cayenne for added bite, for the typical cod with potatoes and cabbages. For New Year's day it was filet steak with pineapple, roast piglet (a classic) with oranges from the backyard, a couple of traditional soups (chicken soup, green soup) and lots and lots of drinks. White wine, red wine, green (!) wine (it's a more gassy variant of white wine), beer, muscat, old scotch... Damn, no wonder I went to bed early! :D

There were a lot of sweets too for both weeks. Traditional king cake, chocolate king cake, queen cake, egg candy pavlova, wafer cake, sweet rice, and many others. There was also sea food and many other things that I can't remember already. I don't think I've got to taste everything, it was really too much. I guess that working twice as much made me eat twice as much too, ha ha... And the red wine from my father in law's storage is always divine!

We're at that point now in January where the candy jars have run dry and the festive, gravy covered turkey a twinkling memory... two days more, then goodbye Christmas Skin

gogo

p.s. just read that long list of Christmas Yummies, Androdion... your family has pwns Christmas Dinner! :thumbsupsmiley:

And that's it. Christmas skin be packed and put away for another year... here's to let's hoping that the designer can keep up with the software upgrades, and us too!

Thanks everyone for celebrating with us, hold on till next year!

:hugs:

gogo