[ERROR] Connection Lost (10)

I've recently bought Sacred II Gold through steam to satisfy my nostalgia of Fallen Angel during ps3 console, and since I've last played this game on console I have no idea how to solve this problem (not the most PC savvy).

Problem:
I am getting an Error right after character creation in Single Player Campaign;     Connection Lost (10). (looks exactly as it is in the title)

Although this is an aged game, I am still hoping someone could help me out on sorting this problem please~

Welcome to DarkMatters, DanteColtz. Let's see how quickly we can get you into the land of Ancaria, slaying Kobolds, and leveling up! It seems that members more often report startup problems with the Steam version. I play Sacred 2 Gold purchased from GOG and never have had any issues. I was wondering if you have already added the latest patch, as that seems to clear up problems from the start. If you don't mind, I'd like to point you to the thread below, so that I don't have to post, yet again, the same responses that may solve your issue. If you are still at a loss for the right solution please reply here. Also, it would be very helpful if you would post what ultimately worked for you in this thread as a blessed service to anyone who requires assistance in the future and may benefit from a resolution. Thank you in advance, sir!

Sacred 2 not starting up!

• Thanks! 1
13 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Welcome to DarkMatters, DanteColtz. Let's see how quickly we can get you into the land of Ancaria, slaying Kobolds, and leveling up! It seems that members more often report startup problems with the Steam version. I play Sacred 2 Gold purchased from GOG and never have had any issues. I was wondering if you have already added the latest patch, as that seems to clear up problems from the start. If you don't mind, I'd like to point you to the thread below, so that I don't have to post, yet again, the same responses that may solve your issue. If you are still at a loss for the right solution please reply here. Also, it would be very helpful if you would post what ultimately worked for you in this thread as a blessed service to anyone who requires assistance in the future and may benefit from a resolution. Thank you in advance, sir!

Sacred 2 not starting up!

Hi thanks for replying! , before posting I've downloaded and installed correctly the CM 160 patch, Made sure that I don't have conflicts with my firewall or antivirus, and fiddled with Hamachi futilely. My Sacred II GOLD Executable is running on XP Service pack 3 compatibility mode.

I'am using windows 7 64bit.  I've even installed the ingame PhysX, downlaoded Legacy PhyX to download, and even replaced Redlist physX with the legacy; just for when I get to that problem I guess.

Is there a way to directly troubleshoot? Or perhaps I should try reinstall the game and see if something changes.

Before you try reloading you may want to check this:

Capture.thumb.PNG.2fbe2e7d4a1d33315de597fd9dbeebd7.PNG

Right click on the Launch Sacred 2 icon and under the target path add:

"D:\Sacred 2 Gold\system\sacred2.exe" -nocpubbinding -skipopenal

If that doesn't work you may want to try a fresh re-installation which involves uninstalling the game and all of the remaining files created by the game found within the game's folders. Then install the game (I run Sacred 2 from Drive D and let Windows run on the main drive, "C"). Then add the patch and, if desired, its addendum. Let us know if this grants you passage into Ancaria.

Ah yes, I've tried the shortcut, launch cmd string posted above. Although I wasn't able to tweak the original application's file, so I instead use "send to" to desktop and tweak that shortcut there.  However the same problem persist, I will reinstall everything and I'll keep my progress posted.  Much appreciated !

After reinstalling, everything seemed to have worked without any tweaking.

Only difference was I still retained my PhysX 9.13.0604 Legacy installed from the Sacred II Gold I've installed and it immediately worked right after installation and after installing CM patch 160.

I appreciate the support Hooyaah, cheers!

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Flix said:

See if it happens without the CM Patch.

Yeah I still get the Connection (10) pre-reinstallation regardless of having the CM patch or not. However after reinstalling it works regardless of the community patch.  I am uncertain if the legacy PhysX is the reason for the turn around, but I've seen others on steam who use the legacy PhysX still has similar issues.

• Like! 1
7 hours ago, DanteColtz said:

Only difference was I still retained my PhysX 9.13.0604 Legacy installed from the Sacred II Gold I've installed and it immediately worked right after installation and after installing CM patch 160.

You are welcome, indeed, DanteColtz, I am just pleased to know that your access to the land of Ancaria has been achieved and that now a new hero has arrived to aid the denizens there, making their world a better place!

• Like! 1
11 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

You are welcome, indeed, DanteColtz, I am just pleased to know that your access to the land of Ancaria has been achieved and that now a new hero has arrived to aid the denizens there, making their world a better place!

Great work Hooyaah!

:bounce:

gogo

19 hours ago, DanteColtz said:

Always happy when members are able to get the going and meet up with the community.  G'donya Hooyaah for the help

And a hearty welcome to you Dantecoltz

welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...

Hello friends, I have that problem too. I am with latest community patch, with 4gb patch for memory, administrator and xp sp3 compatability on both executables s2gs.exe and the main sacred2.exe (made hours of tests in different combinations) Server exe is also patched with the 4gb patch.

Regardless the fact that I play SP and how much I flush memory CTRL+F1 it says Connection lost after a time - sometimes it is 2 minutes sometimes it is hours. Overriden from nVidia Control panel the antialiasing and filtering (the movies and loading screens now show - before they where black). also the files LaptopGaming_xp.dll and LaptopGaming_vista.dll - I had renamed with .BAK, also I installed that mss32.dll file (already was with "g" one but nevermind). That covers all on the game, this "configuration" gives me the longest play for now (no windowed mode - didn't affected the error 10 issue). Physics (latest version) and Elite texture packs are both actve, also V-Sync, the executable is with options -nocpubinding -skipopenal.

I am using Win7 x 64 bit, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, Core i5 4x3.40gHz, 8GB RAM

I am at the region in the north "Crystal Region" with my Inquisitor, and I'm struggling with the sad quest. Usurer was bugged, but latest community patch fixed that and I have finished it successfully. 

This is one of the most beautiful games I have ever played, actually the most beautiful and finished world I have ever seen (I love and play both sacreds and for me they are the best in this genre). Honor to you for the continued support. You have done miracles so far. If there is any fix, I would participate also in testing of it.

Strange for me, after this error 10 - in my brain-box got shape the idea that there is actually problem with server - main exe connectivity, maybe response time? (all is allowed application in my antivirus firewall blah-blah software and I even disabled it for the tests). Nevertheless I am starting to think, that it freezes, because it tries to connect, to the server-side of the game (that exe is active in memory also - had not crashed). Before it stuck like that for infinite time, now it times-out and gives this error (amazing job with the community patches).

P.S. Am I right for the s2gs.exe to be the server-side?

Best Regards and happy hunting!

P.P.S. Before when it freezes and the audio and world continues, the Inquisior starts talking in the background :D Did anybody notice that, when the game is on pause "P", the menus cannot be opened. Are they on pouse too? :D :D :D is it like that for you too?

Edited by Prelate Revan

"P" does pause everything. Your computer is easily sufficient to play the game. What version are you playing? If Sacred 2 Gold is it from GOG or Steam?

Hello, I would add that with latest CM patch (1.60), there is no need to patch the exe as they are already patched. In fact there is no need to do anything. You should install CM patch with default settings and it should be the best configuration, all has already be done by Dimitrius. Install the trimmed version of Elite pack if not already done, not the full package. PhysX effects should not be a problem either.

6 hours ago, desm said:

Hello, I would add that with latest CM patch (1.60), there is no need to patch the exe as they are already patched. In fact there is no need to do anything. You should install CM patch with default settings and it should be the best configuration, all has already be done by Dimitrius. Install the trimmed version of Elite pack if not already done, not the full package. PhysX effects should not be a problem either.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Prelate Revan said:

Retail. Disk. Old. :)

Do you happen to have Sacred 2 Gold or FA+I&B on separate discs? Because if you have the later then that's a configuration that I'm pretty sure wasn't tested when the patch was made.

Other than that do it like Desm says and don't use anything else on top of 1.60 apart from the Trimmed Elite Textures, it could potentially do more harm than good.

• Thanks! 1
4 hours ago, Androdion said:

Do you happen to have Sacred 2 Gold or FA+I&B on separate discs? Because if you have the later then that's a configuration that I'm pretty sure wasn't tested when the patch was made.

Other than that do it like Desm says and don't use anything else on top of 1.60 apart from the Trimmed Elite Textures, it could potentially do more harm than good.

Yes separate, and thanks. And will try the Trimmed. This one is new for me. Will check it out. Thank you very much :)

• 4 years later...