I am Speedoom, nice to meet you

Greetings!

First of all, english is not my native language, so please forgive my spelling and/or grammar mistakes.

I call myself Speedoom, because I had a battle mage named Speedom after Eminem's mindblowing part in Tech N9ne's track titled 'Speedom'. My concept with him was to level up as fast as possible, he was level 70 in 30 hours or so, I'm not sure about the time but it was fast enough for me. He was fun to play, but after I swapped my HDD for a SSD, Steam somehow killed him. And my other characters, of course. So it is in his memory.

I play Sacred since 2006-2009, not sure when my best friend at the time introduced me to the game. Since then I introduced some of my friends and family members to the Sacred series, too.

My goal on this forum is to fix Sacred's lore. I only consider Sacred Gold and Sacred 2 Gold as canon and I have an overall poor opinion on Deep Silver, but it's a rabbit hole I won't go down. I'm deep in the Elder Scrolls' lore/community, maybe those experiences will come in handy.

Thank you for reading and have a good day!

10 hours ago, Speedoom said:

Greetings!

First of all, english is not my native language, so please forgive my spelling and/or grammar mistakes.

I call myself Speedoom, because I had a battle mage named Speedom after Eminem's mindblowing part in Tech N9ne's track titled 'Speedom'. My concept with him was to level up as fast as possible, he was level 70 in 30 hours or so, I'm not sure about the time but it was fast enough for me. He was fun to play, but after I swapped my HDD for a SSD, Steam somehow killed him. And my other characters, of course. So it is in his memory.

I play Sacred since 2006-2009, not sure when my best friend at the time introduced me to the game. Since then I introduced some of my friends and family members to the Sacred series, too.

My goal on this forum is to fix Sacred's lore. I only consider Sacred Gold and Sacred 2 Gold as canon and I have an overall poor opinion on Deep Silver, but it's a rabbit hole I won't go down. I'm deep in the Elder Scrolls' lore/community, maybe those experiences will come in handy.

Thank you for reading and have a good day!

That's a great intro Speedom! These are probably my favorite reads on the forum.  Its funny because when we first set up DarkMatters I was kind of against it... I thought there was something not "hard" enough about it for real gamers, and it was actually our first other Admin besides us as owners  (Erialc) that insisted we have it on our boards as a way of keeping the community together through this kind of personal blogger cum cocktail party. On these great lazy Sundays where we tuck in later than usual, listen to the howling winds outside and want to just cozy up to the onscreen morning, an honest, introspective intro like yours is satisfying consumption and again a reminder that everyone we meet has something new and awesome to offer from Erialc's idea of an Intro board to your literary "hello"

Awesome you found us, and even more awesome that you got members of your family in Sacred as well :lol:

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1