Experimenting with radmin vpn sacred gold underworld

Schot
Message added by Schot

Experiment has Ended

Heyas!  Thought I'd give this a try and see what happens.  I created an unattended game server through Hamachi with a maximum allowed number of players set to 5 for now.  I tested myself by initiating the game server on my desktop and then I walked down to a local McDonald's had a coffee and connected to the server with my laptop on McD's wifi.  Works flawlessly. 

For anyone else that wants to try there's just a couple of steps.

1. Install Hamachi - Download
  2. Start Hamachi hamachi.JPG
  3. Push power button onoff.JPG in the little Hamachi box
  4. Wait a while and then press Join button hamachion.JPG
  5. Network ID:darkmatters.org
  6. Password:sacredwiki
  7. Start Sacred Gold - should be version 2.28 which is written in the bottom right corner of the game menu screen
  8. Multiplayer
  9. Local Network
  10. Choose Character
  11. At this point you should see my server - darkmatters.org
  12. Click Join
  13. Password:sacredwiki
  14. click Start Game
  15. At this point you should see a loading screen that should not take too long, less than 30 seconds
  16. If all goes well you'll be good to go!

Let me know how it goes.  :)

--------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

I've finished up experimenting with Hamachi and have decided to continue experimenting with Radmin VPN since there are less restrictions in Radmin.  Feel free to discuss Hamachi further if you like.

Or follow me in the new topic about Radmin:

• Like! 1

Hey!  lol, Sorry I missed your message via Hamachi Azazin.  The Hamachi Chat doesn't have a very good notification function.  Very cool that you were so quickly able to jump in.  I can see you in the Sacred Gold server tool as well.  Thank you very much for trying it out!  :bow:

• 2 weeks later...

This topic originated from the other topic "Experimenting with Hamachi" which has ended but will remain open for continued discussion.

Eventually this post will become a guide for easy step-by-step instruction for multiplay in Sacred Underworld or Sacred 2.

Heya Drake!  I've decided to go with Radmin VPN =>https://www.radmin.com/download/ 

I haven't had a lot of time recently but I do intend to set up a topic about it.  I'll set up a dedicated gameserver so you can test it out for yourself.  I don't think you need the IP info with Radmin so we'll try without it for starters.  The Radmin IP is set for my gameserver so joining the Radmin network should manage the rest for others to join.

After installing Radmin, Join Network:

• Network:darkmatters.org
  • password:sacred

Then load up the game and in Multiplayer Local it's the same name and password as above.  Hopefully all will go smoothly!

The first thing that should happen though is that you will need to join my Radmin network from the Radmin VPN window.  I haven't seen you in my list yet.

• Network Name:darkmatters.org
  • Password:sacred

radminvpn.JPG

2 hours ago, Schot said:

Heya Drake!  I've decided to go with Radmin VPN =>https://www.radmin.com/download/ 

I haven't had a lot of time recently but I do intend to set up a topic about it.  I'll set up a dedicated gameserver so you can test it out for yourself.  I don't think you need the IP info with Radmin so we'll try without it for starters.  The Radmin IP is set for my gameserver so joining the Radmin network should manage the rest for others to join.

After installing Radmin, Join Network:

• Network:darkmatters.org
  • password:sacred

Then load up the game and in Multiplayer Local it's the same name and password as above.  Hopefully all will go smoothly!

Good to see you're working on things behind the scenes Schot :) Take your time with whats keeping you busy and in the mean while I give this a try as well when I get home from work. Alas our Australia day long weekend is over and it's back to the daily grind for another week!

• Thanks! 1

Thanks Dragon Brother!  :happy:  I'm hoping to create a very simplistic instruction on what needs to be done to join the server so that others don't have to fiddle around too much.   I'll leave my pc on overnight in case you want to try entering the gameserver.

Azazin introduced the idea of using Radmin which seems to me a great idea.  He wrote quite a few details on how to get things going that helped me get a game going with gogo.  You can read it from the below post.  For starters, entering my Radmin network is fairly easy and works quite well.  There are pitfalls after that point that may impede getting into my LAN gameserver that he talks about.   If you're successful I'll see you in my server log. 

Thanks for jumping in Azazin.  :)

2 hours ago, drake46 said:

how do I get to this I open hamachi and I dont see this 

vpn.jpg

You can open the Radmin window by double clicking the little icon on the bottom right of the screen.

radmin-icon.jpg

If you don't find it then you could run a search for it by clicking the search button -->search-circle.jpg on the bottom left of windows and typing radmin into the search box:

radmin-search1.jpg

radmin-search2.jpg

P.s.

Just dropped in quick to lend a hand.  I'm off to work and will check back later on.  :agreed:

Sorry Schot, I didn't get a chance to try it last night, was at work late unfortunately! Might get a chance tonight, but I was successful setting up my own gameserver etc. over the weekend and connecting to that so hopefully connecting to yours is as straight forward!

• Like! 1

No Problem!  No rush.  It's a process.    My pc is on 24/7 so I'll keep the network and server going 24/7 too.

And thanks for testing Azazin.  I checked my gameserver and saw that you had been on earlier.  Cheers for that!

• The title was changed to Experimenting with Hamachi