Experimenting with radmin vpn sacred gold underworld

Schot
Message added by Schot

Experiment has Ended

I've finished up experimenting with Hamachi and have decided to continue experimenting with Radmin VPN since there are less restrictions in Radmin.  Feel free to discuss Hamachi further if you like.

Or follow me in the new topic about Radmin:

• The title was changed to Experimenting with Hamachi
2 hours ago, Schot said:

I've finished up experimenting with Hamachi and have decided to continue experimenting with Radmin VPN since there are less restrictions in Radmin.  Feel free to discuss Hamachi further if you like.

Or follow me in the new topic about Radmin:

onWARDS to Radmin!

:superman:

gogo

On 1/30/2019 at 6:23 AM, drake46 said:

my computer blocks vpn that is the big issue I had have for years now 

It's unfortunate that you are having a hard time drake but don't give up too quickly.  Everything is possible with a little bit of hard work.  :friends3:  Keep in mind also that all of us are here at our leisure so sometimes a wee bit of patience is needed before getting a reply.  *I sound like an Ent from LOTR...*

This is a new software for many of us and so it will take a little bit of time to create a very nice and easy guide.  Hamachi and Radmin are the same thing so if you have both installed but don't need to then I would recommend you uninstall both of them, restart your pc and then install Radmin.  Then follow the other topic about Radmin.  Your Windows Firewall might be blocking Radmin and your anti-virus may also be blocking. 

Cheers Ash!  Lookin good.  I see you in the Radmin network list as well as a reference to you in my gameserver log.  It's coming along!  Just need to devise a quick user friendly guide on the process.  Can you post a bit about what you needed to do to get it all going?  Unfortunately my experience is flawed since I did everything under the sun in terms of settings.  Much of which I probably didn't need to do but is now ingrained in multiple stations so that even if I uninstall and reinstall the software my system will remember it's settings.  Hard to recreate a pre-Radmin state.

No problem! Didn't actually do any more than what Azazin posted in the other thread about how to play Sacred Gold Multiplayer. I've copied it below, noting for anyone that the instructions are for Windows 10, but will be the same for other versions of Windows except for step 2 (which will probably be pretty much the same anyway). Also note that Step 5 is only required for someone wanting to host their own gameserver, otherwise it isn't necessary. In addition, it might be possible to create a LAN game without the gameserver tool, I created a game myself, but obviously  there was no one to try and enter it to test it out.

On 1/17/2019 at 7:50 AM, Azazin said:

1.       Download and install Radmin VPN (you don’t need to register)

2.       Start Radmin and go to control panel -> Networks and Internet -> Networks and Sharing center. There is now a new connection „Radmin VPN“. Give this network a new priority: Click on „Radmin VPN“ -> properties -> check IPv4 protocol -> properties -> advanced options. Now change the metric at the bottom to „1“.

3.       If you want to host a game, create a new network in Radmin VPN.

4.       Open your Sacred folder. You need to adjust the Gameserver.cfg and Settings.cfg (+ STEAM_Settings.cfg if you’re using the Steam version) with the editor. Put your Radmin VPN IP (shown in the app) in these 2 (3) .cfg-datas -> NETWORK_IP_ADRESS: XX.XX.XX.XXX and NETWORK_LOBBY: XX.XX.XX.XXX (all players that want to join your server have to use the same settings)

5.       Now run the GameServer.exe in your Sacred folder to host a server. Important: Use your Radmin VPN IP! ****NOTE - not required if you aren't hosting the game server****

6.       Change your ingame settings -> Multiplayer options –> Data flow: FOR MODEM/ISDN

7.       That’s it! (hopefully^^)

If it’s not working yet, there are 2 options:

1.       Your Firewall is maybe blocking Radmin VPN. In that case just add Radmin VPN to the allowed list in the Firewall configuration.

2.       You need to open the Sacred ports in your router and/or your firewall. The Sacred ports are: UDP/TCP 2005, UDP/TCP 2006.

• Thanks! 1
11 hours ago, drake46 said:

how about you make me a clip of that on youtube :) I dont have access to my router. 

im making a series of lineage 2 right now so I have not installed that new server program yet :) 

Sorry mate, but it tends to be a different method for every brand of router. Like I said, your best bet is to locate the model number (or at the very least brand) for your router and google that and port forwarding. For example if your router brand is XYZ and model number 12345 google "XYZ 12345 port forwarding" - see how that goes.

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

okay I installed the radmin server what do I need to do to add your server and where do I do that :) 
what does radmin viwer do :) 

I dont use hamatchi anymore 

can you type the guide for me what to do to connect to youre server 

2 hours ago, drake46 said:

okay I installed the radmin server what do I need to do to add your server and where do I do that :)
what does radmin viwer do :)

I dont use hamatchi anymore 

can you type the guide for me what to do to connect to youre server 

hi, good seeing you back!

Schot wrote up a new guide, the link is at the top of this topic yer currently in, and I've put a new link here that you can click on

Enjoy!:)

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/23566-experimenting-with-radmin-vpn-sacred-gold-underworld/

:)

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to share my experience with RadminVPN: so when I create a server through GameServer my friend can see it but CANNOT join it (error 10026) BUT if I create a server through gameserver and THEN he creates a server through the game (without gameserver) I can see his game and join him. Important: if I don't create a gameserver I cannot see the game he makes.

• 3 months later...

hi, and welcome to DarkMatters, killeruna! We found that the radmin channel worked extraordinarly well for Sacred underworld... we're actually thinking of getting back into sacred 2 mp just because of that huge diablo 3 mod Flix created for Sacred 2!

gogo

On 8/4/2019 at 11:57 PM, gogoblender said:

hi, and welcome to DarkMatters, killeruna! We found that the radmin channel worked extraordinarly well for Sacred underworld... we're actually thinking of getting back into sacred 2 mp just because of that huge diablo 3 mod Flix created for Sacred 2!

gogo

I've played way too much D2 to want to play something like it. Sacred UW is very nostalgic for me, even more so than D2 , because D2 still has active communities., unlike sacred UW. And that's why I sought this forum as the last active Sacred community.

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, what happened to the experiment?
Is Hamachi the chosen one, or Radmin? Or neither?
The topic about Radmin seems to be gone by the way.

I'm confused.
I'd really like to play with somebody :Just_Cuz_21:

On 10/15/2019 at 6:37 PM, Therion X said:

Well, what happened to the experiment?
Is Hamachi the chosen one, or Radmin? Or neither?
The topic about Radmin seems to be gone by the way.

I'm confused.
I'd really like to play with somebody :Just_Cuz_21:

I'm heart broken Therion, Schot put a lot of effort into the testing, and him and I were both able to launch our toons into the server.  I'll see if I can get him to find out what happened to the topic

:blink:

gogo

• Like! 1