Blacksmith arts written in red or green

Hi, there is one thing that bugging me up since a long time: why the hell blacksmith arts are sometimes written in red (so I assume I have a malus somewhere) and sometimes green (which I assume is good to use obviously)?

I have never understood what things were involved (Armor/Weapon Lore levels? Player level/stat? ...)

Please put an end to that torture (I have made research of course but found nothing, so I have to ask this surely awesomly noob question). Bring me the light please, thanks :)

To be more precise, it's not the text which is in red or green but the borders of the frames 1548310588-sacred2-2019-01-24-07-13-47-9

Edited by desm
  • Like! 1

If the item you are trying to forge or the item (ring, amulet, element) is of a level too far above that of your character then it cannot be forged. However, you may be able to have a blacksmith, perhaps a Shadow Warrior of your own creation of a higher level forge it for you using the shared chest. Still, if the ending level of the item is too high your character won't yet be able to wear it.

• Thanks! 1
6 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

Still, if the ending level of the item is too high your character won't yet be able to wear it.

Really? I think to temember that I already have forged them and succesfully equiped them, I'll check thanks.

7 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

However, you may be able to have a blacksmith, perhaps a Shadow Warrior of your own creation of a higher level forge it for you using the shared chest

No I don't use blacksmith avatars for other chars or shared stash.

Ok, I'll see that, thank you very much Hooyaah :)

• Like! 1

You are welcome, Denis. One more thing that would keep one from forging an item is if either item is character specific for a different character class. For example, if you have an ring that's for a Dryad only, like the Tree Spirit's Secret, then it's also not able to be forged into armor meant for the High Elf.

Yes, I agree but I'm not really convinced for the red/available forging. The screen I took with available socketing had no items at all in the blackmithing frame. It has become available for no reason. And also I find high levels equipment indeed but the socketing remains still available, so why isn't it red there? I think there is something more (which totally "escapes" (?) me).

Perhaps it is something obvious that we are missing here or a glitch of some sort. Please report back if you discover the answer, good sir.

For example, on this fullscreen cap, I just looted the item. It has a high speed malus and is highest level possible and socketing is available. While on my first screen witth the trousers, it is a simple basic item and it's red. Yes, something obvious I must be missing. Well, I'll keep seeing. Thank you Hooyaah.

1548373992-sacred2-2019-01-25-00-43-31-8

• Like! 1

I'm not seeing the red outline this time, Denis. It also appears that you have plenty of gold to spend to forge the jewelry. Likewise, I will let you know if I think of anything else that could cause the red outline; I'm happy to help when I can.

Thank you very much Hooyaah, I surely won't miss to report back here if I find what is bugging me. When I'll start a new avatar, because I think I have notice it's mostly with low level chars. Happy day.

• Thanks! 1

You are surely welcome Denis. I'm beginning to suspect that the issue that you are experiencing is likely related to the a community patch or addendum. Yet it may also be caused by a mod or mods which you may be using. If you don't have the same issues with your new character then we can be fairly certain of the cause. One thing that I have found is that starting a new character is always so much fun. I cannot seem to stop playing a new character and get them leveled up because it's so exciting and the compulsion to continue the game is so intense! Have fun, my good friend!

Started a new Seraph just to see, found a socketable item, of course the for example Enhanced frame was red but I've been able to forge and equip it anyway (with no malus anywhere?). So, in final, I don't know what means this red frame I think and why it disappears at some point and what does it affect? I should now play until the frame becomes with "available/no malus" color and see but I'l see that another time.

• Thanks! 1

I've just CM patch and Reduced Fog. But it does that for a long time, maybe CM patch related I don't know (but I don't think so). Well if it's just another Sacred 2 super feature it's ok lol Thanks guys, if I see an explanation, I'll post it.